Divorce Lawyer

Business and professional recommendations.
bluewater

Divorce Lawyer

Post by bluewater »

Im looking for the best divorce lawyer the Kelowna area has to offer. If you or someone you know has experience with one that you can recommend I would appreciate it . I want a lawyer that will leave no stone unturned ! PM me if necessary,thanks.
logicalview
Guru

Re: Divorce Lawyer

Post by logicalview »

Ask Marlene Fipke. Her settlement against Charles netted her C$123.1 million.
Not afraid to say "It".
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Check your PM.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

RE Check your PM.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

You don't need a killer lawyer. You need a counsellor to vent and process your emotions/feelings. Given the rules regarding division of assests, child support, etc, plus the mediation process, you will just be spending a lot of money by "leaving no stone unturned". The "best" lawyer will recognize that and seek to provide you with a divorce and a fair settlement and not take advantage of your mental distress/anger, need for revenge or whatever is going on for you. In a "nasty" divorce, no one wins and the lawyers benefit the most.
It's possible to do all the right things and still get a bad result.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

logicalview wrote:Ask Marlene Fipke. Her settlement against Charles netted her C$123.1 million.

Uncalled-for.

Besides, who do you think financially supported him and the kids while he was in university getting that education that made what he did later possible. (but then again, who am I really, having only known that family for a decade or three)
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Piecemaker wrote:In a "nasty" divorce, no one wins and the lawyers benefit the most.

Exactly, and there is no shortage of lawyers out there who will try and encourage a scrap. The actual divorce is just a rubber stamp if both parties want to end it. Best advice I got was "If you can't be around [former spouse] without getting mad, then don't be around [former spouse]." and don't sign anything for a year. If a long-running relationship is ending there are going to be some heavy emotions at play, that's a given. You're going to be an absolute mess for at least three months, and it will be almost a year before you can get anywhere near normal.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Piecemaker wrote:In a "nasty" divorce, no one wins and the lawyers benefit the most.

-fluffy- wrote:Exactly, and there is no shortage of lawyers out there who will try and encourage a scrap. The actual divorce is just a rubber stamp if both parties want to end it. Best advice I got was "If you can't be around [former spouse] without getting mad, then don't be around [former spouse]." and don't sign anything for a year. If a long-running relationship is ending there are going to be some heavy emotions at play, that's a given. You're going to be an absolute mess for at least three months, and it will be almost a year before you can get anywhere near normal.

Ditto both of those comments. Acting in haste while angry is not a wise idea.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

You can drag it out and be nasty to each other, but in the end you're going to split everything right down the middle, 50/50. As far as I understand it, the law is pretty clear. The sooner you realize this, the bigger your 50% is going to be.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Jonrox wrote:You can drag it out and be nasty to each other, but in the end you're going to split everything right down the middle, 50/50. As far as I understand it, the law is pretty clear. The sooner you realize this, the bigger your 50% is going to be.

Good idea....even the mass of debt left behind in some cases. Kids will notice and develop resentment to the parent who screws the other out of money or leave them in massive debt.

It will probably take a few years for them to notice because ANY parent with an ounce of brains will leave the kids out of the "grown up " problems and not broadcast anything to them, but , they will notice and when they do , they'll pick their sides.
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Catz
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Catz »

I agree. Do it simple, but quick and get the hell out. It will be 50-50, and it will cost a fortune if you let it.
Just get out and move on. Yes, the kids will will resent you, and anyone else caught in the middle.
the_zipper
Board Meister

Post by the_zipper »

Ditto Ditto to all... lawyers will just leave you with massive amounts of debt! Avoid them mediation all the way!
forum
Guru

Post by forum »

It's so amusing reading through the "Life Professionals" posts. Offering advice as if it's a business transaction.
Get out! 50-50! Hurry! Blah blah. Why don't you do what takes COURAGE and try to stay together and work hard together?
Somebody made a mistake. Help each other until your happy again. It's much more rewarding than the 50% you end up with.
Use your brain and figure it out instead of being a coward and walking away from the whole thing hoping you 'get something' out of it.

Relax.
the_zipper
Board Meister

Post by the_zipper »

Wow wish it was that easy forum! Never judge unless you have walk a mile.....
moparmaddness

Post by moparmaddness »

Not trying to be insensitive to woman or the situation your in ( whatever it may be ), just thought of a saying my uncle gave to me when I was thinking about getting married. He said "listen son, if your ever thinking about getting a divorce just remember this simple phrase" - long pause - "its cheaper to keep her". I haven't walked that mile yet and don't plan on it.

Return to “Referrals”