Divorce Lawyer

Business and professional recommendations.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Re: Divorce Lawyer

Post by MAPearce »

Maybe she got tired of the BS and left already... And by the tone of "no stone unturned ", sounds to me like this may just be his way of furthering the BS.....

Not that I would know anything though.....just sayin it happens.
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

I agree if you can settle amicably you are one step ahead of the lawyers!!

My experience was upsetting as the property I kept, such as furnature and a truck retianed there value, while her car same year really didn't. Sadly the lawyers will try and get you into a debate, which in my opinion is short of being professional or ethical. The lawyers could have won, but I said go for it, and signed off possibly saving money!

One poster put it nice; try finding a lawyer who will remove all of your anger. Sadly the Courts care not who was the case of the divorce, I sure wish they did!!!

Good Luck, remember it only takes ten years to get back to where you were.
Last edited by Ken7 on Apr 4th, 2012, 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

the_zipper wrote:Wow wish it was that easy forum! Never judge unless you have walk a mile.....

That statement is so very true. A colleague of mine said he knew what I was going through. Not, his relationship went sideways as mine did with the wives going outside of the marriage. The biggest difference was I was debt free, he was burdened with debt.

His wife left the debt also, fortunately no children in my world were torn apart. That is the saddest, because they learn from it and it is not nice!
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

Trust me here. Stay away from the courts and the Lawyers , they will pit you against each other and leave you both angry bitter and broke. If you can't work things out , split assets and debts down the middle and go your own ways. If you have kids , they will end up with their mom unless she is a heroin addict living on the streets. If your future ex cheated on you , it does not make a difference in the court ordered settlement. . This is Canada , not a US TV show.
Wally
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Wally »

I have personal experience with 2 divorces, one peaceful and one anything but simple and quiet. Most of the posters here.are correct to say assets from the marriage will be.split down the middle no matter what happened. Canada has a ' no fault divorce' laws, the difference is in the reasons for divorce and the time requirements to file, If it is not going to be a simple divorce the paperwork and applications, affidavits ect can be mind numbing and very overwhelming at an already stressfull time and so a good level headed lawyer is absolutely required just to navigate the ridiculous system of papers. It will get expensive, but that has to be wieghed against all things involved, access and custody, child support issues are not so clear cut as assets. When it comes to some business interests that may not be 50/50 things can get.very convoluted as.well. I will send the OP a pm.
Going today, hear tommorow
forum
Guru

Post by forum »

Ken7 wrote:Wow wish it was that easy forum! Never judge unless you have walk a mile.....

That statement is so very true. A colleague of mine said he knew what I was going through. Not, his relationship went sideways as mine did with the wives going outside of the marriage. The biggest difference was I was debt free, he was burdened with debt.

His wife left the debt also, fortunately no children in my world were torn apart. That is the saddest, because they learn from it and it is not nice!

I've walked mile after mile...walking them together with my partner. We drag each other around through our stupid decisions and carry on together. You say you were debt free and he was burdened with debt. If your partner is burdened with something, it is your responsibility to help relieve them of that burden. I was debt free when I met my wife and she was just graduating University and had a student debt. As soon as she was done University I threw my savings account at her debts, gave her my car to drive to work and bought my own Truck.

Are you willing to become individually poor to balance things out and begin living and earning as a whole with your partner?

Are you willing to do this over and over again with your partner?
rutland1
Board Meister

Post by rutland1 »

He is talking about his friend not his wife. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jack2010
Fledgling

Post by Jack2010 »

My advice with respect to getting a divorce lawyer, is that you should meet with several - get a good idea of what they're like, personal recommendations are good - and then you have to do all of the work. A lawyer is NOT going to care about every detail of your situation. He/she bills by the hour and you will spend a fortune! Be smart, don't chase after everything, and get it over as quickly as possible becuase it only gets worse as time drags on and everyone digs in their heels.
I've been divorced twice and I think most of the divorce lawyers in Kelowna are just not good enough.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

I've walked mile after mile...walking them together with my partner. We drag each other around through our stupid decisions and carry on together. You say you were debt free and he was burdened with debt. If your partner is burdened with something, it is your responsibility to help relieve them of that burden. I was debt free when I met my wife and she was just graduating University and had a student debt. As soon as she was done University I threw my savings account at her debts, gave her my car to drive to work and bought my own Truck.

Are you willing to become individually poor to balance things out and begin living and earning as a whole with your partner?

Are you willing to do this over and over again with your partner?

I am totally aware of the debt load.
I was debt free, he was not. T

The fact of the matter is, no two are totally alike. If a friend is going through it, tell them that you are there if they need you. To say you know what they are going through is BS, you don't know. It is like the loss of a loved one, you can see they are hurt, but to say I know what you are going through.... I see through that one!
nepal
Übergod

Post by nepal »

Ultimately, the kids will get the worst of the results and it will last the lifetime of everyone associated.

:127: :127: :127: :127:

:137: ............... :137: ....................................:200: .................................................................. :sleepdeprived:
JoeSaxaphone

Post by JoeSaxaphone »

I was looking at the messages and I did not see a recommendation, so I thought I would suggest Bill Clarke at the Courtyard Law Offices. I think is great and knows his stuff about family law.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Ultimately, the kids will get the worst of the results and it will last the lifetime of everyone associated.

I agree. Are YOU listening bluewater ?? The affect your lies have on your children will, in the long run,will effect YOU....

It most likely already has....So sad.
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
bluewater

Post by bluewater »

JoeSaxaphone wrote:I was looking at the messages and I did not see a recommendation, so I thought I would suggest Bill Clarke at the Courtyard Law Offices. I think is great and knows his stuff about family law.

Thank you for that ,others have also recommended William ,have met with him and he was great !
bluewater

Post by bluewater »

MAPearce ,I was asking for recommendations on a good divorce lawyer not a therapy session.The assumptions you are making have no merit. EX: children and lies.The negativity you exude may effect you in the long run .....
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Well , you got one ...Not just from me either.

Hope you're paying attention.

Return to “Referrals”