Smith creek

vancity604
Fledgling

Smith creek

Post by vancity604 »

Just wondering if anyone has been to smith creek since its rained/raining..just wondering how bad the road is going up such as slippery or muddy
mr.bandaid
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Smith creek

Post by mr.bandaid »

The road up to Smith Creek is now paved but due to the amount of rain that we have had where the pavement and dirt road meet has had a lot of gravel washed over it and a bit more near the sharp corner at the bottom. This is not a new thing, it happens every rainfall. If anyone from the city works is reading this, it needs to be properly ditched, the road has a real chance of being washed out above Copperridge Drive. Walking up there the other day and it is quite badly rutted due to the rain.
Never argue with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
vancity604
Fledgling

Post by vancity604 »

mrs.bandaid wrote:The road up to Smith Creek is now paved but due to the amount of rain that we have had where the pavement and dirt road meet has had a lot of gravel washed over it and a bit more near the sharp corner at the bottom. This is not a new thing, it happens every rainfall. If anyone from the city works is reading this, it needs to be properly ditched, the road has a real chance of being washed out above Copperridge Drive. Walking up there the other day and it is quite badly rutted due to the rain.

So you would not reccomend me driving up with my truck?
mr.bandaid
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by mr.bandaid »

You'll have no problem with your truck. There are houses past the Smith Creek subdivision and people go up there all day long.
Never argue with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Went for a hike yesterday in Smith Creek and came across an old 1930's ganster type of car. Wish I knew more about antique cars but no emblem so not sure what it is. Suicide doors, roof was obviousy cloth like a huge sunroof, hand crank windsheild wiper, single brake light. What I found amazing was the rear windows still worked. A neat feature this thing had was the front seat was hinged and looked ike it would fold flat with rear seat to make a bed. Couldn't believe the metal it was made of, still no rust.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

What do you mean, you came across it? You mean in some forested area or field? On crown land? No pix of it.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
mr.bandaid
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by mr.bandaid »

Poindexter wrote:Went for a hike yesterday in Smith Creek and came across an old 1930's ganster type of car. Wish I knew more about antique cars but no emblem so not sure what it is. Suicide doors, roof was obviousy cloth like a huge sunroof, hand crank windsheild wiper, single brake light. What I found amazing was the rear windows still worked. A neat feature this thing had was the front seat was hinged and looked ike it would fold flat with rear seat to make a bed. Couldn't believe the metal it was made of, still no rust.

I walk up there everyday and have not come across that car. I would love to see it. PM me with its location.
bigtdawg
Fledgling

Post by bigtdawg »

there is an old Acadian that you can ride right through on the mountain bike trail, is this what you mean? Cut myself on it last time I went through there.
Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
George Carlin
dayton

Post by dayton »

This car? Got a pic befre they blocked it all off up there
bigtdawg
Fledgling

Post by bigtdawg »

Yeah, she's a beaut eh? Think of what that car has seen....
Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
George Carlin
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

This isn't the car we found. I've ridden through this one many times though, cool feature to make use of. The pictures I took of the old ganster car we found were from my iphone and for some reason they won't allow me to resize and post.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
dayton

Post by dayton »

Well I would gladly drive back up their and look around again to get awessome pics like that again but some cold hearted-mean mugging guy blocked off all the ways up, guess he didn't want the locals to find cool new things in their area
bigtdawg
Fledgling

Post by bigtdawg »

dayton wrote:Well I would gladly drive back up their and look around again to get awessome pics like that again but some cold hearted-mean mugging guy blocked off all the ways up, guess he didn't want the locals to find cool new things in their area

:rate10: posting.php?mode=smilies&f=33&start=100#
George Carlin

Return to “Central Okanagan”