Aircraft crash

gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Aircraft crash

Post by gordon_as »

About 20 min ago , there was a ball of flame and a black clout of smoke from the parking lot at marshal field. Took 15 min for the fire trucks to arrive from the OK landing hall . Appears , through the binoculars to be an aircraft that crashed , and completely burned.
superbee
Fledgling

Re: aircraft crash

Post by superbee »

Sad news. Prayers for all those involved.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

As usual, private person first to report. Pray again for all involved. So sad.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
April lady

Post by April lady »

gordon_as wrote:About 20 min ago , there was a ball of flame and a black clout of smoke from the parking lot at marshal field. Took 15 min for the fire trucks to arrive from the OK landing hall . Appears , through the binoculars to be an aircraft that crashed , and completely burned.

For the last 40 minutes a plane has been doing tricks over the bx area, loops, back flips whatever! I wondered if he knew what he was doing, kinda of low a couple of times. I hope the pilots ok!
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

Not looking good , fire is out , blankets covering the cockpit area. I can clearly see the vertical stabilizer , so pretty sure it was an aircraft , but can't make out a fuselage , only 2 light tube frames near the front. My guess is it was a large ultralight.
People were running away from it when I first saw it , then running back towards it. Took at least 10 min. before I heard the first siren , and probably 15 min before the fire truck arrived from the OK Landing hall (about a mile away ?)
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

http://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/776 ... -in-Vernon
Plane bursts into flames in Vernon
by Grant Scott - Story: 77619
Jul 7, 2012 / 2:30 pm

Photo: Contributed
A small plane crashed and burned at Marshall Field in Vernon Saturday afternoon.

People in and around Marshall Field in Vernon watched in horror as a small plane came crashing down to Earth Saturday afternoon.

"A small aircraft crashed in Marshall Field beside the indoor track early this (Saturday) afternoon," says RCMP Spokesperson Gord Molendyk.

"Police, fire and ambulance are still on the scene, of course at this point we're still in the primary stages of this investigation and the RCMP will be waiting for the Transportation Safety Board to assist."

Witnesses tell Castanet they saw the plane take off and then crash and burst into flames onto the parking lot near the track building.

Molendyk says it looks like the pilot did not survive.

"It would appear the pilot remained in the aircraft when it crashed."

Castanet will pay for your pictures and video. Please email them to [email protected]
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Very sad, two people just out to have fun and it's ends in tragedy.

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... .htm#77619
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Star Light
Guru

Post by Star Light »

Life is what happens while we are making plans for tomorrow
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

deleted post
Last edited by gordon_as on Jul 8th, 2012, 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

I know that there is / was little the fire dept. could have done to help the pilots if they had arrived sooner , however , the slow response time troubles me. If that plane had banked right , into the trailer park , instead of left , many people would have lost their homes in that 15 - 20 min before water was flowing. If the plane had gone slightly further , into a soccer facility filled with kids , I don't even want to think about the outcome. The fire hall is only a short distance away. Is it not staffed ?
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

It's a volunteer, or "paid on call" fire hall in the landing. It takes time for the firefighters to get from home or work to the hall and then to the fire.
Doug Ferguson

Post by Doug Ferguson »

It's a sad thing that people died in this crash, but there are so many lucky things about it. They could have been taking off in the other direction and crashed into houses in the city, he could have gone the other way and crashed into the trailer court, there could have been a soccer game going on and hundreds of kids could have been involved, they could have crashed on the beach on a day like today with hundreds of people there. It's too bad that the city is waiting for a major accident that kills a lot of people on the ground before they consider moving the airport to an area that allows the pilots more room for error.
Mr Danksworth
Lord of the Board

Post by Mr Danksworth »

gordon_as wrote:I know that there is / was little the fire dept. could have done to help the pilots if they had arrived sooner , however , the slow response time troubles me. If that plane had banked right , into the trailer park , instead of left , many people would have lost their homes in that 15 - 20 min before water was flowing. If the plane had gone slightly further , into a soccer facility filled with kids , I don't even want to think about the outcome. The fire hall is only a short distance away. Is it not staffed ?

This really steams me. 15 minutes is not an inappropriate amount of time to respond to an emergency. Do you think emergency responders have amazing powers of prophesy and teleportation? Maybe your expectations are a bit out of check with reality.

Also your post contains a lot of suppositions and 'what ifs' that are completely irrelevant to the subject. Getting wound up over such things is useless. Your 'what ifs" did not happen.
Nothing on the Internet is so serious it can't be laughed at, and nothing is as laughable as people who think otherwise.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Re: Aircraft crash

Post by Gixxer »

What's the point of praying for them? What if they didn't believe in god?
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Re: Aircraft crash

Post by Nebula »

Gixxer wrote:What's the point of praying for them? What if they didn't believe in god?

What if they did? Still pointless.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.

Return to “Central Okanagan”