Ipe camping

karma151

Ipe camping

Post by karma151 »

What are the options for camping? Is there just the campground the fair provides or is there any others...?
coffeeFreak
Guru

Re: Ipe camping

Post by coffeeFreak »

grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

There's camping in Falkland which isn't too far away. Salmon Arm, too.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

All of these are fairly close to the IPE grounds, although I suspect most will already be booked up.

Armstrong Kinsman RV Park Rental - 250 546-4041
Royal York RV Park in Armstrong - 250-546 9700
Riverside Park RV in Enderby - 250-838-0155
Quilakwa RV Park in Enderby – 250 838 2022
Silver Star Campground and RV Park in Vernon – 250 542 2808
Swan Lake Campground and RV Park in Vernon – 250 545 2300
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
karma151

Post by karma151 »

I was hopping for something like walking distance.. Is there hayfields that farms make into 3 day little private campground like they do with the parking around the event area... It's just been so long since I have been I can't remember the details...
coffeeFreak
Guru

Post by coffeeFreak »

karma151 wrote:I was hopping for something like walking distance.. Is there hayfields that farms make into 3 day little private campground like they do with the parking around the event area... It's just been so long since I have been I can't remember the details...

Even if there are, it is a way too late to be trying to find something close now.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Most if not all camping area's within walking distance are either taking by West Coast Amusements (or whoever is doing the midway) those involved in rodeo & also animal exhibitions.

So more likely there is no spots left..........sorry, but you can check.......... good luck

As for good parking best thing to do is plan on having breakfast near the IPE grounds (so get out early, especially Saturday), there is couple nice little ones few blocks away.

In the past they had shuttle's from the Auction yard next to Tolko mill on hwy 97A.

Those who wish to by-pass all traffic headaches on Saturday morning due to the parade, turn off hwy 97A @ Powerhouse Rd (same name heading from either south or north) just check google maps for details.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Mama
Lord of the Board

Post by Mama »

There is camping at the fair, but it is first come first serve. So good luck getting a walking distance site. Show up on Wed Morn and MAYBE you will get lucky. Private lots or driveways are another way, but they make lots with just parking so not a lot of camping options.
MY GREATEST FEAR IS, THERE IS NO PMS, AND THIS IS MY REAL PERSONALITY.

Return to “Central Okanagan”