Drinking, driving, AND talking on cell

sevengrampy

Drinking, driving, AND talking on cell

Post by sevengrampy »

I honestly don't know how to respond to this.....http://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/801 ... on-a-phone
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Drinking, driving, AND talking on cell

Post by keith1612 »

considering he was stopped at a red light that makes using the cell phone not so bad, its a silly law anyway.
i see people checking messeges etc at almost every red light.
makes no sense you cant use a cell phone yet you can drive down the road eating a 3 course meal and sipping coffee.
as for the beer well open alcohol is a fine anywhere in public, but he wasnt impaired and they couldnt even get him for the crazy new .05 law.
ixler8
Board Meister

Post by ixler8 »

Now if he was drinking a beer , talking on his phone and smoking a joint . Then he should be pulled over.
Don't worry ,about a thing.
cause, every little thing is gonna be alright.
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

What's the problem ? he didn't hit anything.
Black Dogs Matter
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

keith1612 wrote:considering he was stopped at a red light that makes using the cell phone not so bad, its a silly law anyway.
i see people checking messeges etc at almost every red light.
makes no sense you cant use a cell phone yet you can drive down the road eating a 3 course meal and sipping coffee.
as for the beer well open alcohol is a fine anywhere in public, but he wasnt impaired and they couldnt even get him for the crazy new .05 law.

If an officer sees this and determines you are distracted, he can still give you a ticket.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

dogspoiler wrote:What's the problem ?

Well, the problem is that idiots like him tend to do it on a regular basis unless they get hit in a head with something heavy (like an impound or a DUI - too bad it wasn't this guy) and get their brains straightened out. They won't hit anything this time, they won't hit anything two weeks from now, but then they'll mow down an elderly couple at an intersection, and the general public will be justifiably asking "What was police doing all this time?".
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by keith1612 »

Captain Awesome wrote:
dogspoiler wrote:What's the problem ?

Well, the problem is that idiots like him tend to do it on a regular basis unless they get hit in a head with something heavy (like an impound or a DUI - too bad it wasn't this guy) and get their brains straightened out. They won't hit anything this time, they won't hit anything two weeks from now, but then they'll mow down an elderly couple at an intersection, and the general public will be justifiably asking "What was police doing all this time?".

hate to say it but from what i see 75% of the accidents here are caused by the elderly couple.
time to stop worrying about a cell phone in a guys hands while he is working and look at the drivers too old and or blind to see.
friday i watched a nice old elderly guy drive into the back of another car on the highway at the light turning into Armstrong.
Amazing how age lets you off being guilty, stop at a red light and get rear ended.
its time the police and ICBC started targetting the real offenders out there.
How can a tow truck driver in vancouver with 20 prior driving offenses run over a mother and child in a crosswalk and get a small fine after the child dies.
police officers can run over guys on motorbikes and kill them and get nothing yet i look at my cell and get a fine,
seems stupid to me.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

keith1612 wrote:hate to say it but from what i see 75% of the accidents here are caused by the elderly couple.
friday i watched a nice old elderly guy drive into the back of another car on the highway at the light turning into Armstrong.

Oh wow, your detailed experience of one accident should totally supersede law enforcement approach practiced for years and statistically proven. Somebody call the RCMP, this guy knows what`s up.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by keith1612 »

Captain Awesome wrote:
keith1612 wrote:hate to say it but from what i see 75% of the accidents here are caused by the elderly couple.

Oh wow, your detailed experience of one accident should totally supersede law enforcement approach practiced for years and statistically proven. Somebody call the RCMP, this guy knows what`s up.

no i suppose you are right, lets skip the proven highest causes for accidents and go after guys that need to make a phone call.
crazy speeding tickets (the leading #1 cause of death on BC roads) are lower than a cell phone.
just because some sheep believe all RCMP and liberal lies doesnt mean we all do.
vernongeek

Post by vernongeek »

time to stop worrying about a cell phone in a guys hands while he is working and look at the drivers too old and or blind to see.

Can you please give us a reference for your statistics?
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by keith1612 »

i heard the stats the other day posted by the RCMP that speeding was the leading cause, i will try and look it up.
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by keith1612 »

http://www.icbc.com/about-ICBC/fact-she ... -speed.pdf

Alcohol and/or drugs were a contributing factor in 32.94% of fatalities.--- >http://www.pssg.gov.bc.ca/coroners/publications/index.htm#statistics
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Distracted driving is the 3rd leading cause of fatal car crashes.

http://www.icbc.com/road-safety/safer-d ... stractions
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
vernongeek

Post by vernongeek »

keith1612 wrote:i heard the stats the other day posted by the RCMP that speeding was the leading cause, i will try and look it up.

I would be curious to know how many speeders were talking on their cell phone? I personally think having the cell phone law is a great idea and not silly. However on the contrary, they should allow exceptions to the law. In my view the police are allowed to talk and drive on the cell phone, so it shows there is enough competence to drive and talk on a cell phone. So perhaps there is a cell phone license people can obtain and the license they could stick on the drivers windows or something and they pay an extra premium on their insurance to cover accident costs? Just a wild thought. :) Anyone else ever think of this?
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

vernongeek wrote:
keith1612 wrote:i heard the stats the other day posted by the RCMP that speeding was the leading cause, i will try and look it up.

I would be curious to know how many speeders were talking on their cell phone? I personally think having the cell phone law is a great idea and not silly. However on the contrary, they should allow exceptions to the law. In my view the police are allowed to talk and drive on the cell phone, so it shows there is enough competence to drive and talk on a cell phone. So perhaps there is a cell phone license people can obtain and the license they could stick on the drivers windows or something and they pay an extra premium on their insurance to cover accident costs? Just a wild thought. :) Anyone else ever think of this?

Isn't it just more reasonable if they got a hands free device and used that? Ferkristsakes they are not that expensive or difficult to use. Just do it!
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!

Return to “Central Okanagan”