BC Serial Killer

Bretbaby
Übergod

BC Serial Killer

Post by Bretbaby »

Currently BREAKING NEWS via Global BC News.

"Major announcement in serial killer investigation involving 3 BC highways, US too. 18 total victims. More to come tomorrow."

The police will have a news conference at 10AM and will be streaming live on the Global BC website.
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Re: BC Serial Killer

Post by Nebula »

Yep. Doesn't surprise me with that many missing women. Interestingly, the investigation seems to involve people missing from three different highways in B.C. and U.S. authorities are involved.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

There was some implication on the news tonight that the identified possible suspect may have died (was killed?) in an Oregon prison in 2006. It is definitely going to be interesting to see what comes out of this announcement tomorrow.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Do you suppose if a family of one of the women is involved that the RCMP would have contacted them before any announcement?
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

grammafreddy wrote:Do you suppose if a family of one of the women is involved that the RCMP would have contacted them before any announcement?

Yes. The RCMP were explicit about that in their press release.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... vance.html

The RCMP will announce Tuesday that DNA has proven that a U.S. man was responsible for the 1974 slaying of Colleen MacMillen, one of the victims on B.C.'s so-called Highway of Tears, CBC News has learned.

Sources have confirmed to CBC News that DNA links Bobby Jack Fowler, of Oregon, to the 16-year-old's death. Fowler died in prison in 2006.

The RCMP said in a release earlier Monday that they would announce Tuesday “a significant development” in their ongoing efforts to solve the cases of 18 women missing or killed in northern B.C.

Police revealed no further details, but did say that families that might be impacted by the announcement have been notified that the information is going to be made public.

“Police will also be issuing a plea for assistance from British Columbians, Canadians and Americans,” the release said, adding that “a representative from the United States” is also going to speak at the news conference.

It’s the first time that police have mentioned any possible U.S. connection to the northern B.C. missing women cases.
Colleen MacMillen was 16 when she died in 1974 after hitchhiking in B.C.'s Interior.Colleen MacMillen was 16 when she died in 1974 after hitchhiking in B.C.'s Interior. (Family photo)

Tuesday’s news conference is to be followed by two additional news conferences in Kamloops and Prince George on Wednesday, RCMP said.

At least 18 young women have been killed or gone missing since 1969 on a 700-kilometre stretch of Highway 16, dubbed the Highway of Tears, between Prince George and Prince Rupert, and also along Highway 97 or Highway 5 south of Prince George.

MacMillen last seen hitchhiking along Highway 97 near Lac La Hache, B.C., on her way to see friends.

Other groups put the number of women missing or killed along the B.C. Interior routes as high as 43.

Most were members of First Nation communities.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Thanks for posting that, Jenny.

Nebula - I had only seen the Castanet story thus far.

Guess I'll keep on waiting. It's only been 36 years. Not my turn yet.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
underscore
Übergod

Post by underscore »

I saw most of that announcement. I'm glad the twisted sonofabitch is dead.
cliffy1 wrote:Welcome to the asylum.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

So...what was the big announcement?
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Captain Awesome wrote:So...what was the big announcement?

DNA evidence indicates a U.S. man, Bobby Jack Fowler, was responsible for the 1974 slaying of Colleen MacMillen. It is possible he is linked to two other BC murders. Fowler died in prison in Oregon in 2006.

There are 18 women that are missing and presumed to likely have been murdered in northern B.C. It is very likely there are more killers out there, including the strong possibility that a serial killer (or more than one serial killer) is still at large.

That’s the big announcement. How big it is depends I suppose. Big for the family of Colleen MacMillen – although by her brother’s account still disappointing because Fowler is dead and can’t stand trial. Very frustrating I imagine for the family and friends of all the remaining missing women.
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

steven lloyd wrote:There are 18 women that are missing and presumed to likely have been murdered in northern B.C.

Actually there are more, I believe. Project E-PANA is looking into 18 of the cases, which all have similar characteristics.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Nebula wrote: Actually there are more, I believe.

Yes, I am sure you are right. Pretty scary to think there really are serial killers out there, more than a couple of them, and that they are not getting caught. Contrary to "Criminal Minds", most serial killers do not deliberately leave clues for police and the media to attract attention and attain infamy. They like the fact they get to carry on with their hobby uninterrupted.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Captain Awesome wrote:So...what was the big announcement?

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... .htm#80960
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
inaia

Post by inaia »

You can also search for the long list of serial killers like Adnan Colak, Albert DeSalvo, Amiela Sach in the internet. They have different nationality but all are best.

list of serial killers

Return to “B.C.”