Bankruptcy

kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Re: bankruptcy

Post by kgcayenne »

Trip, in light of it's being public information, can someone post a link to the website where the name could be seen? (ie: notice to creditors of xyzltd in the matter of...)
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

kgcayenne wrote:Trip, in light of it's being public information, can someone post a link to the website where the name could be seen? (ie: notice to creditors of xyzltd in the matter of...)

I would say no. While it may be public knowledge it would turn into a bashing/negative business review. Which in turn becomes potentially libelous.
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
db54

Post by db54 »

No I won`t post the name or names here as much as I would like to. And it isn`t the first time this has happened for these two and it will happen again I am sure. I`ve learned a lot after the fact and I thank everyone for their comments now if I could only have free lawyer services!!
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

db54 wrote:I`ve learned a lot after the fact and I thank everyone for their comments now if I could only have free lawyer services!!

Well, you can always use lawyer's services and declare bankruptcy...

Just kidding, I know it's a crappy situation. Take deposits from now on, pre-authorizations, don't bill for small amounts and only bill somebody who pays you on time always and has a history of steady payments. I lost some customers over these measures, but they were bad customers to begin with.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
bcman

Post by bcman »

db54 wrote:No I`m just venting. I was burned and can`t believe this person, persons company can just walk away from their debts to people. I paid a deposit for a service 10 months ago and was working with a consumer protection agency to get the guy to pay and now I`ve been told he has filed for bankruptcy and as an unsecured creditor I will not fare very well in seeing my money again. I`ve dealt with contractors before and have never had any problem until now. It looks like his wife is starting a new company, they still have their boat and I can`t get my money back. I just don`t get it.

is this a cash loan? or a material loan? I can help with some advice either way.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Bankruptcy

Post by Queen K »

bcman, are you a lawyer?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

find out where he lives and take things into your own hands ..
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

Triple 6 wrote:
kgcayenne wrote:Trip, in light of it's being public information, can someone post a link to the website where the name could be seen? (ie: notice to creditors of xyzltd in the matter of...)

I would say no. While it may be public knowledge it would turn into a bashing/negative business review. Which in turn becomes potentially libelous.

Ahhhh Free speech is alive and well...
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
OnTheRoadAgain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by OnTheRoadAgain »

along with many attorneys

Return to “Central Okanagan”