Hiking Pinnacle Lake

baconbits
Generalissimo Postalot

Hiking Pinnacle Lake

Post by baconbits »

Hello-

I was wondering if anyone has any detailed information on the hike up to Pinnacle Lake outside of Cherryville.

I would really like to do it, however I'm not sure of the difficulty, trail conditions and the time it takes to complete it return.

Thanks
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Hiking Pinnacle Lake

Post by keith1612 »

baconbits wrote:Hello-

I was wondering if anyone has any detailed information on the hike up to Pinnacle Lake outside of Cherryville.

I would really like to do it, however I'm not sure of the difficulty, trail conditions and the time it takes to complete it return.

Thanks

yes i saw that article on the lady injured and was interested myself.
and can you quad the trail or is it only hiking?
looks like a nice place to check out.
vernongeek

Post by vernongeek »

baconbits wrote:Hello-

Thanks

I was up there July of last year, lots of the trail was washed out by an avalanche the year before so there is a bit of micky mousing around the trail. Not sure what it is like in the fall to hike but when we went is was very muddy. The Vernon Outdoors club would have lots of information on it I am sure.
http://www.vernonoutdoorsclub.org/

The view up there is spectacular! Be bear aware.
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

I've snowmobiled up there in the winter. Its some of the most extreme mountains and terrain I've experienced.
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by keith1612 »

Gixxer wrote:I've snowmobiled up there in the winter. Its some of the most extreme mountains and terrain I've experienced.

nice, i do alot of sledding and quadding up hunters and would like to check it out.
RichardW

Post by RichardW »

As long as you are a reasonably fit hiker, and reasonably good at route finding, you shouldn't have any problem getting to the lake. If you are experienced at navigating alpine terrain, it is possible to make it up to some of the ridges and mountain tops, too.

There is information on the web about the trail. Try the following.

http://www.trailpeak.com/trail-Pinnacle-Lake-near-Cherryville-BC-6957

The Vernon Outdoors Club publish a book which will have all the details in it too, along with the numerous other hikes in the area that the club maintains. Hiking in the Okanagan and the Southern Monashees by Paul Phillips also has a description in it, along with other plenty of other hiking ideas.

http://www3.telus.net/Okanagan-Hiking-Book/wPurchasing.htm

I would expect conditions to be good for hiking right now.

The trail isn't used for quadding, and it probably wouldn't make a viable route, given the narrow and rugged nature of the trail.
baconbits
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by baconbits »

Hiked it last weekend, beautiful spot, there was only one other car parked there when we started, was really nice not to have many people kicking around. It really has that feeling of being in a unspoiled place, the waterfalls along the way up or something that I cannot describe. I look forward to visiting this place again to do more exploring. I would like to thank the vernon hiking club for the work they have done there because it is very evident that without they're work it would be tough going :)

Return to “Central Okanagan”