Westbank Zellers up for lease

DoubleFang
Fledgling

Westbank Zellers up for lease

Post by DoubleFang »

Various sizes available from 15,000 to 109,000 sq.ft.
Splitting it up is probably the best way to go.
Found a couple real bargans in there today but would imagine better ones yet to come.
img_20121009_111118-qpr.jpg
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Westbank Zellers up for lease

Post by Fancy »

I've been told bigger bargains are coming. It's closing in the new year isn't it?
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
DoubleFang
Fledgling

Post by DoubleFang »

The only thing Ive heard is March 2013(Dont know if it applies to this store though)
I did mention a couple of bargains but also some overpriced stuff too.
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

That Zellers has seen better days...
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Must head over and see what they've got in the way of kitchen gadgets.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
studdly
Fledgling

Post by studdly »

I aked a lady that works there and she said dec 26 is the date the clearance sale starts :ohmygod:
sportster72

Post by sportster72 »

IMHO the layout does not lend itself to cutting up. It's too "deep" so even if you wanted to cut a bunch of new openings in the building facing the main parking area the only way to get that 15K sq. ft. one would be to have a pseudo-bowling alley. I think it's just going to be another 110K sq. ft. of empty space to add to the hundreds of thousands of sq. ft. that are already empty in the area.
AirHoss
Board Meister

Post by AirHoss »

I wouldn't count on much in the way of bargains. Even in the last few days of the blowout sale at the Zellers on Cooper, the prices were barely competitive with regular price at Walmart. It's no wonder that they've gone out of business. Between poor pricing and dirty, disgusting stores, it's a miracle they lasted as long as they have.
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

Hoss79 wrote:I wouldn't count on much in the way of bargains. Even in the last few days of the blowout sale at the Zellers on Cooper, the prices were barely competitive with regular price at Walmart. It's no wonder that they've gone out of business. Between poor pricing and dirty, disgusting stores, it's a miracle they lasted as long as they have.

Same thing happened at that shoe place by Walmart that had a closing sale. They were days from wrapping the whole thing up and still selling overpriced shoes. Signs saying stuff like "up to 80% off" but most stuff barely reduced by 20%
sportster72

Post by sportster72 »

I drove by the back of Zellers yesterday and whoever thought that they could cut the place up into 15K sq. ft. sections is obviously a realtor with their first ever listing. There is no back access at all and no space to put one in. Unless they figure that they are going to run a long access hallway all along the back inner section of the building, they're going to have to put the loading dock in the front door. Yeah, that's gonna happen! DUH! Doesn't anyone actually think before they come up with these grandiose plans and no way to implement them? :127:
kay-c
Board Meister

Post by kay-c »

The foundation isnt suitable for dividing the building into pieces. All there is ,is a perimeter grade beam and pads for the posts that hold up the middle.Theres no plumbing except for the one end. Most of the floor would have to get jackhammered and fire walls added, so you can share a big stupid building. maybe it could be an auction house . lots of parking and a place to eat but not much of a demographic. Could use it for trade shows, events, conventions maybe. home and garden, gun shows , westbank fare grounds?
sportster72

Post by sportster72 »

kay-c wrote:The foundation isnt suitable for dividing the building into pieces. All there is ,is a perimeter grade beam and pads for the posts that hold up the middle.Theres no plumbing except for the one end. Most of the floor would have to get jackhammered and fire walls added, so you can share a big stupid building. maybe it could be an auction house . lots of parking and a place to eat but not much of a demographic. Could use it for trade shows, events, conventions maybe. home and garden, gun shows , westbank fare grounds?

The more you're substantiating my theory that the realtor is on the EARN WHILE YOU LEARN PLAN. 15K sq. ft. my big fat rump.
ellenbill

Post by ellenbill »

It.would make a good Costco location.
maxx
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by maxx »

Three words......indoor go-cart track!!
sportster72

Post by sportster72 »

maxx wrote:Three words......indoor go-cart track!!

How about turning it into our version of the West Edmonton Mall's Waterpark! :nyah:

Return to “Central Okanagan”