Tiny, 3-lb chihuahua designated 'dangerous dog'

theyeti
Übergod

Re: Tiny, 3-lb chihuahua designated 'dangerous dog'

Post by theyeti »

my good buddy has 2 chiuahahas tho and they will snap at u if u try and poke at them or mess with them when they r eating .. but who is so silly to provoke a dog when its eating and an ankle biter at that
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

theyeti wrote:i have a toy pom she would never bite anyone

Never say never.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
OnTheRoadAgain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by OnTheRoadAgain »

theyeti wrote:my good buddy has 2 chiuahahas tho and they will snap at u if u try and poke at them or mess with them when they r eating .. but who is so silly to provoke a dog when its eating and an ankle biter at that

the ones' I've met (only three) would all snap and yap and bite when they see or hear you - definitely unprovoked, lest you call my arrival a provoking.
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

i agree the chihuahua can be an aggressive little beast lol but dangerous ? come on thats crazy

they r nearly un trainable tho ..

our pom barks a little but she is very quiet compared to the chihuahuas
also we dont have bathroom issues in our house like my friend does with his families chihuahuas
Graphite
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Graphite »

Some pretty harsh comments on this thread. I am surprised by the venom here.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

As like Calgary and everywhere else should have, a level of dangerous labeling. They all have teeth but lets think about pounds per square inch,,, what does a chihuaua's bite come in as? For an example,,, is it ten pounds? A shepard is about 2 or 3 hundred pounds? Whats a Rotti at and a pit bull or other bully or fighting breeds? Lets add some dogs were bred to hold on for all they've got, as in bull fighters, or are they called bait dogs? So why make an owner of this little dog buy a mil insurance plan and use a muzzle?
I like this insurance thing tho, I thought is was just something I dreamt up but its a reality after all. And if we are not thinking an insurance plan would be good, maybe class the fines by damage ability and known attack rate according to population, breed's ability and such. So if a little pom for example bites someone and splits the skin on someones ankle then the owner pays a fine that would cover the citie's administration over the attack and such and leave the victim some coverage for their 1/2 day going to the ER and getting bandaged,,, but the bigger breeds by bite strength pay a bigger fine according to the damage caused by their known strength so if the victim is in hospital for weeks or months doing reconstructive facial surgeries then they could be covered for that. I am talking any drugs not covered by their medical coverages and days out of work and any other day to day losses.
I really think its nuts to class a toy pom who bit with a bully breed who bit. There has to be a better way of braking it up, kinda like how car insurance charges you Your insurance according to what They might have to replace should you bunt a tree with your car doors. Sports machines or say a newer Mercedes SUV for instance costing more then a say a Toyota because parts would cost them more? Newer, older car and such,,, So if you looked at dogs by their known ability,,, (now lots of people here like the bite stats lists so we could start there) to chase, to hold onto a bulls nose and or hurt another person or animal and what kind of damages that would bring... So chihuahuas and other toy type dogs are not known to mame or kill so they'd be a small threat to the public,,,
Seems toy dogs are on the bite stats list as being only two bites in Calgary compared to many more bites from the other groups and or breeds.
I agree this was done wrong with this little dog but so is Calgary's plan. You have to be able to sort this stuff out and set the rates of insurance or fines according to risk level of each breed IMO. That way a fine over a breed that does more damages can help pay for those damages that they themselves in their class could cause,,,
♥ You and 98 other users LIKE this post
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

i cant really disagree with what u said ..

however i would much prefer we all just look after our own pets and take responsibility for training them ..

i dont support insurance companies or government intervention ..

i do agree tho if they r gonna go and make it a law that u gotta cover your pets *bleep* .. i wanna see it based on potential damage.

why should a pom or a chihuahua be lumped in with a st bernard or a preso canario
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Thankfully, unionized postal workers are becoming extinct, and this situation will in turn disappear.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

And I do agree with what you said,,, we should be able to take our own pets care and training into our own hands and let the laws lay low,,, I really do wish it was that good but to walk down a road and see a seriously able to do damage dog behind a crappy 4 foot fence is too scary.if people got their dog with intensions of caring for his breeds needs and treating him right we would be a far better place. Its too bad we have people who want a symbol rather then a friend when it comes to dogs.
They desreve much more and this whole city laws thing wouldnt even be there if dogs were given that much and the public was given some respect.
♥ You and 98 other users LIKE this post
Loed
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Loed »

It only takes one idiot to ruin it for everyone else.

The only thing dog lovers can do is continue to be as responsible as they can possibly be and preach/teach that to others by their example.

Return to “Canada”