Say NO to pitbull ban

Roadster
Time waster at work

Re: Say NO to pitbull ban

Post by Roadster »

juz516 wrote:Come on, you guys.....ANY dog that attacks looks horrific....ANY dog could do damage....NO ONE wants to see or hear of someone getting hurt, maimed or killed in a dog attack by ANY breed!....neither side, for crying out loud. I am sure if you want you can find information, "facts", photos...you name it...online to support both sides of this. The owners of the pitbulls love their dogs....they love the breed....and that is their choice. You don't have to like it and you won't change their minds. Same for the pitbull owners..you will never change the minds of everyone..those that have actually experienced something like an attack will never change their minds....and all you can do is try to educate the people that simply do not know anything but what they have heard and show by example that the whole breed cannot be painted with the same brush.
AND I don't need a tongue lashing for thinking this way, thank you very much.

No one is trying to change the minds of the pit bull owners,,, we are saying we dont trust them ourselves and we would like some safe guards. They are asking us to Say No To a Pit Bull Ban,,, now I could say no if I thought there would be safe guards put in place,,, I have to say that because there is a pit bull a block from my house that has attacked like the ones on some of those videos you see above, and today it still sits behind its 4 foot fencing that it has already leaped over to attack, its a time bomb waiting to happen and nothing will be done till someone else gets hurt.
Some pit bull owners might be good and the dog is guarded right but are they all? Not as often as you would like to think. These dogs need perfect owners, they need to be understood as dogs that can run from their yards and attack for reasons unknown and they should have 6 foot fencings and the public kept safe.
♥ You and 98 other users LIKE this post
OnTheRoadAgain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by OnTheRoadAgain »

I watched the woman in the one video trying to pull her pitbull of the little dog, and then hold back her pitbull from charging after it. She could barely hold it back with both hands and both of her heels dug into the ground. They are very strong dogs, and it worries me when small people have big dogs they can't control. What if she had been walking along holding the leash in one hand and that dog took off after the little one? Do you think the woman would have kept ahold of the pitbull in that case?
When a dog (any dog) goes wild like that, you'd better hope the owner has a strong arm, and the leash doesn't break.
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by keith1612 »

Roadster wrote:
No one is trying to change the minds of the pit bull owners,,, we are saying we dont trust them ourselves and we would like some safe guards. They are asking us to Say No To a Pit Bull Ban,,, now I could say no if I thought there would be safe guards put in place,,, I have to say that because there is a pit bull a block from my house that has attacked like the ones on some of those videos you see above, and today it still sits behind its 4 foot fencing that it has already leaped over to attack, its a time bomb waiting to happen and nothing will be done till someone else gets hurt.
Some pit bull owners might be good and the dog is guarded right but are they all? Not as often as you would like to think. These dogs need perfect owners, they need to be understood as dogs that can run from their yards and attack for reasons unknown and they should have 6 foot fencings and the public kept safe.

i am 99% more worried walking down the streets from peoples rabid kids than i ever would be from any dog.
strange one of the lowest safety concerns you will come across gets this much attention.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

keith1612 wrote:
Roadster wrote:

i am 99% more worried walking down the streets from peoples rabid kids than i ever would be from any dog.
strange one of the lowest safety concerns you will come across gets this much attention.

Lemme know when someone's kid comes flying over a fence and rips at you...
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by keith1612 »

OnTheRoadAgain wrote:I watched the woman in the one video trying to pull her pitbull of the little dog, and then hold back her pitbull from charging after it. She could barely hold it back with both hands and both of her heels dug into the ground. They are very strong dogs, and it worries me when small people have big dogs they can't control. What if she had been walking along holding the leash in one hand and that dog took off after the little one? Do you think the woman would have kept ahold of the pitbull in that case?
When a dog (any dog) goes wild like that, you'd better hope the owner has a strong arm, and the leash doesn't break.

one thing people forget with little dogs is to keep them in control, little dogs are the most agressive.
they love to attack larger dogs and then we know how it turns out.
ive driven into forestry campsites with my dogs locked safely in my vehicle and had idiots allow their little poodles etc to come barking and jump and scratch my truck trying to attack my dogs.
i suppose i should have simply then shot the little dog for being uncontrolled but i did not.
there are many sides to all stories.
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by keith1612 »

[quote="Roadster"

Lemme know when someone's kid comes flying over a fence and rips at you...[/quote]

hmmm teenage assaults compared to pitbull attacks, bet pitbulls are alot better behaved.
OnTheRoadAgain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by OnTheRoadAgain »

I can't see I've ever seen that.
But surely you aren't suggesting that those poodles were dangerous? Aggressive maybe, but dangerous?
In fact, I honestly don't think I've ever seen a poodle on the ground in public that was not on a leash, in the crux of the owner's arm, or in her purse.
(I know some guys who would have shot them as soon as their nails hit the paint job)
juz516
Board Meister

Post by juz516 »

Yes, of course there should be safeguards put in place.....ALL homes that have any type of dog/s should be fenced...I live on an acreage, and have a huge fenced yard for my dogs...I don't allow them to run for THEIR safety, but I do sometimes find big dogs that have come on the property snarling at my dogs through that fence.
The fence should need to be of a height relative to the size of the dog....any dog, any breed. That is a given.
I agree that anyone that wants to destroy the breed is just plain unrealistic.
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by keith1612 »

OnTheRoadAgain wrote:I can't see I've ever seen that.
But surely you aren't suggesting that those poodles were dangerous? Aggressive maybe, but dangerous?
In fact, I honestly don't think I've ever seen a poodle on the ground in public that was not on a leash, in the crux of the owner's arm, or in her purse.
(I know some guys who would have shot them as soon as their nails hit the paint job)

i dont mean the poodle etc is dangerous but when a small uncontrolled dog goes after a larger it can start the altercation and then of course the big dog looks like the mean bad dog.
any good dog will try and protect its owner or property from another animal regardless of size.
if everyone simply controlled their pets this would not be a needed issue.
juz516
Board Meister

Post by juz516 »

to Keith1612: Like your thinking! LOLOL But, seriously, you do speak the truth. My boxer loved to play with all dogs until she met a miniature schnauzer that tried to take off her bottom jaw.....she never liked small dogs after that.
janalta
Übergod

Post by janalta »

OnTheRoadAgain wrote:I can't see I've ever seen that.

In the one video...the poodle was off leash.
The fact that the owners were kicking the crap out of their Pit gives some indication of who's fault this 'attack' really was. BTW - poodle didn't have a drop of blood on it....that dog was not out to kill it.

No, poodles are not 'dangerous'...do they bite? heck yeah...nasty things, they are...but unless you are a very small child...not likely do to much damage...unless it's a standard, then they are at par with any other large breed.
The point the poster was making is that small dogs more often than not start things...they are the aggressors. I see it every day at dog parks....9 times out of ten, it is the small dogs being aggressive....but, of course if a large dog responds...they get blamed due to their size.
Wise enough to know better.
Old enough to care less.
janalta
Übergod

Post by janalta »

juz516 wrote:yup...here we go again....*bleep* for tat....one upmanship.....

The difference being...I've never met anyone who owns a bully breed that would deny that their dogs, by nature of their size and strength, have the physical ability to produce a severe bite.

I'm really quite sick to death of hearing, time after time, that no other breeds do the same kind of damage.
They can....and they do and to deny that ANY large breed is capable of inflicting devastating injuries, especially to children, is absolutely asinine.
Old enough to care less.
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by keith1612 »

when i was a kid my mother had 2 chihuahua's they were either attacking every dog possible to fight or to hump.
im surprised they were never eaten and it took alot of luck trust me.
they would attack a full grown german sheppard and jump out of the car while moving to chase something.
i fully would agree the smaller dogs are almost always the more aggressive, little dog syndrom or something.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

keith1612 wrote:
hmmm teenage assaults compared to pitbull attacks, bet pitbulls are alot better behaved.

Ya well thats a whole other subject, if you want to ban kids yer welcome to it.
janalta
Übergod

Post by janalta »

Some comic relief to lighten the mood
This is why people love their bullies
Attachments
530799_357894750971232_889721264_n.jpg
Old enough to care less.

Return to “B.C.”