Vernon Man Arrested in Illegal Gun Case

Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Vernon Man Arrested in Illegal Gun Case

Post by Treblehook »

If this character is found guilty of the charges laid in relation to this international gun crime case, it will be an ideal opportunity for the communities in BC [and Canada for that matter] to see if our prosecutors and courts are tuned in to what people in Canada feel regarding ILLEGAL possession and trafficking in illegal weapons. If these allegations are true, which one would tend to believe the case after a 10 month investigation, it is jerks like this that make legal gun ownership a problem. 34 charges should get the guy more than 10 years for such serious crimes. Responsible gun owners hate complete jerks like this guy.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Vernon Man Arrested in Illegal Gun Case

Post by Ken7 »

Where do you think those guns were destined to?

Makes me wonder who this charactor is and who he is associated to.
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by keith1612 »

100% this and most gun crimes go to show the registry is and was a joke and just a farce brought on by the RCMP to assure the only ones with guns are them.
Honest hunters and gun owners are not a problem to society.
look back in the rules, you used to be able to drive with your hunting rifles in the back window.
why was that removed?
is it better to hide weapons?
it was to make it harder for legal gun owners and they said because criminals can see them.
so isnt it time judges started punishing criminals before innocents?
the police now want bear spray banned in vernon as its a weapon.
what a laugh.
they cant catch criminals with weapons so the answer is abolish everything that may be a weapon.
charge and put the guilty in prison and leave the rest alone.
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

keith1612 wrote:100% this and most gun crimes go to show the registry is and was a joke and just a farce brought on by the RCMP to assure the only ones with guns are them.
Honest hunters and gun owners are not a problem to society.
look back in the rules, you used to be able to drive with your hunting rifles in the back window.
why was that removed?
is it better to hide weapons?
it was to make it harder for legal gun owners and they said because criminals can see them.
so isnt it time judges started punishing criminals before innocents?
the police now want bear spray banned in vernon as its a weapon.
what a laugh.
they cant catch criminals with weapons so the answer is abolish everything that may be a weapon.
charge and put the guilty in prison and leave the rest alone.

That is quite a rant, but not particularly accurant on any count. The Firearms Legislation wasn't brought on by the RCMP but it was supported at the outset by the Canadian Assoc of Chief's of Police who represented all police forces, big and small. Honest gun owners and hunters were never the problem, but improperly secured firearms were always a problem in terms of them falling into the wrong hands... be that criminals or children. Bear spray in the hands of irresponsible people with criminal intent is not a good thing at all. Having your wife and kids bear sprayed and car jacked by some crackhead idiots would not be a good thing I am thinking. The easier it is to get, the more prevalent it will be in the hands of criminals. There definitely needs to be some common sense inserted into the equation as to who can just walk in to a sporting goods store and walk out with it. You seem to be focusing all the problems of society on the police which is both inaccurate and narrow minded. Take your police bashing somewhere else, this was a thread about a bad guy contributing to the prevalence of all manner of restricted firearms on our streets!
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

:rate10:
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Treblehook wrote: Honest gun owners and hunters were never the problem, but improperly secured firearms were always a problem in terms of them falling into the wrong hands... be that criminals or children.

Improper storage has nothing to do with the long gun registry. Improper storage is still against the law as it should be. Don't confuse common sense firearms laws with the wasteful, inefficient gun registry that made thousands of law abiding Canadians criminals on paper.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

we should be allowed to own whatever is made to be sold do not let it get built if u dont want ppl to have it .. free the guns

i want an ak
CorkSoaker
Board Meister

Post by CorkSoaker »

theyeti wrote:we should be allowed to own whatever is made to be sold do not let it get built if u dont want ppl to have it .. free the guns

i want an ak

The AK was originally built to defend and spread communism, not to be sold to some Joe Blow redneck. You can however purchase a Valmet Hunter, Valmet Hunter Auto, and the Valmet M78 rifles which are based on the AK action. These are not classified as prohibited weapons in Canada.
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things.

It is often said that truth is the first casualty of any war
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

"Improper storage has nothing to do with the long gun registry. Improper storage is still against the law as it should be. Don't confuse common sense firearms laws with the wasteful, inefficient gun registry that made thousands of law abiding Canadians criminals on paper."

Read again... I didn't say "long gun registry". I said Firearms Legislation!! My comment about this miscreant in Vernon who has been charged with some 34 offences had nothing to do with the long gun registry or for that matter storage. If you read the post that I was responding to, perhaps you'd have understood the fact that I was responding to comments suggesting that unsecured guns, hanging in the windows of pickup trucks was an okay thing. Everything about the news reports on the Vernon man's arrest, would suggest that the weapons were of the type normally preferred by criminals and gangs and of the restricted or prohibited firearms variety. Those were, are and hopefully remain subject to common sense firearms laws in Canada. (For the record, my position on the long gun registry was always that it was unneccessary, expensive, inconvenient and ineffective in all respects in terms of controlling crime and making our country safer.) I registered my long guns because failing to do so would have placed me outside of the law and would have made my treasured guns subject to seizure. I also don't believe that breaking the law is a legitimate way of protesting a law! I was never able to understand why the Canadian Assoc of Chiefs of Police [representing all police forces in Canada] were so supportive of the long gun registry. It's existence provided no added measure of safety for either police officers or the community. Only a foolhardy cop would ever count on a negative firearms registry check to establish whether firearms were present in a residence prior to attending a complaint!!
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

my buddy had a few sks rifles taken away by police recently they sure were nice toys ..

its hard to keep ahead of all the laws with fire arms in canada if u have any interest in guns or shooting u probably know a few ppl with illegal or questionable guns in there house
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

theyeti wrote:my buddy had a few sks rifles taken away by police recently they sure were nice toys ..

its hard to keep ahead of all the laws with fire arms in canada if u have any interest in guns or shooting u probably know a few ppl with illegal or questionable guns in there house

IMHO, there are many, many fine firearms legally available in Canada. People who know firearms, understand the beauty and craftsmanship in high quality guns. That holds true for both long guns and handguns that can be legally obtained and possessed with the appropriate registration and possession/conveyance permits. I don't see the compulsion to possess guns that are deemed prohibited!! I assume the SKS that were taken by the police were either FA or capable of being modified/switched to FA or two short or something?
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

no he got caught with drugs .. if u have drugs and guns u r a gangster according to the law ..
Verminator
Board Meister

Post by Verminator »

theyeti wrote:no he got caught with drugs .. if u have drugs and guns u r a gangster according to the law ..

Really, drugs and guns make you a gangster? :ohmygod:
I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death.
George Carlin
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

funny i always thought being in a gang made u a gangster
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Treblehook wrote: I was never able to understand why the Canadian Assoc of Chiefs of Police [representing all police forces in Canada] were so supportive of the long gun registry.

Because the company that built the registry software gave the Canadian Chiefs of Police $105,000 in gifts for their annual convention. They even bought all the delegates tickets to a Celine Dion gala. That should be against some anti-corruption law, shouldn't it? :137:
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.

Return to “Central Okanagan”