Kelowna RCMP Wearing Video Cameras

castakelowna
Fledgling

Re: Kelowna RCMP Wearing Video Cameras

Post by castakelowna »

Trunk-Monkey wrote:
castakelowna wrote:I think what people are trying to say is that there is as much, if not more of a cause for the cameras to keep an eye on you cops, rather than just gather evidence. If you are going to have them anyway and considering the current RCMP track record, it would be in the best interest of the public to have them used to the fullest extent possible! Obviously a washroom, or courtroom, would not be a place for the cameras. Dont blame us for wanting protection from the biggest gang in the world! Again, especially considering the RCMP track record. We will call it piece of mind..... :skippingsheep:

You mention the RCMP's track record...interesting subject considering for every "bad thing" that has hit the media there are hunderds if not thousands of "good things" members and the RCMP have done and accomplished while executing their duties...but they don't make the news because after all its our job....and why should it? What I am saying is the media concentrates on the negative becuase it sells news papers and gets web site hits. That's what really is happening here and most people jump on a story sensationalized by the media and never let it go because after all one bad cop or member that did something stupid means we are all that....right??? NO WE ARE NOT, NORE IS THE RCMP CORRUPT AS MOST THINKL
As an old media person used to say..."if it bleeds it leads"...
So people take a step back and really see what is happening here.
To paint all cops as corrupt is like painting all people who frequent down town Kelowna at night as "crack heads" and we all know this is simply not the case. Or better yet...Tiger Woods did what he did so all pro golfers must be just like him right???NO!!!! Again this is just not the case.
Cops are easy pickins for the media and or the gen pub to criticize because who likes to be arrested or get a speeding ticket??? Not many, but thats part of our job. Cops have proceedures and SOP for a reason...most of these reasons are for officer safety reasons and many of the gen pub do not understand that....
Wake up people and support the men and women sworn to serve and protect you
. One bad apple or a few in an outfit this large does not mean the rest of them are rotten as well.
Ok Im done now...

Oh come on now.... You would have to be living under a rock, or drinking the RCMP kool aid to say "one or a few bad apples"! There is a culture of horrible behaviour within the RCMP and many other police forces. Just because you refuse to acknowledge it does not mean it is not true! For the RCMP it starts in Regina and continues. Management abuses the officers, the officers in turn abuse the public and the authority they are given. Time and time again! I would be here for days if I tried to post info. just on incidents this year alone. I will easily admit that there are MANY officers that do an amazing job and are true heros', but there are also MANY that have no respect for the Oath they take! The fact that even the "good" cops will lie to protect the bad ones" I didnt see what happened, I was loading the bike in the car" shows that there is a fear of speaking out even when colleagues are committing horrible acts!

It is not your fault Trunk, this mindset is drilled into you right from the beginning. Do what you are told, dont talk back, polish those boots, make your bed a certain way, cut you hair a certain way, etc. etc. etc. I would go nuts too if I was part of a cult like organization! Couple that with the fact that society does not value police services enough to pay you guys more, (and management gets an unfair share of the pie) so that you can take some R&R time to unwind once in a while and are not tempted to take the $$$ when flashed in your face. There are also not enough ways for whistleblowers to speak out without fear of retribution and not enough services (mental health) to make sure that you guys are coping well with the stresses of your job, and the fact that due to a lack of social programs police are left to deal with the mentally challenged/ill, it all adds up. You are only human and humans make mistakes. This is why I feel that the general public, including the officers, would be well served with video recording that keeps track of the officers just as much as it does the citizens.

and if you want to talk about painting everyone with the same brush, again... COME ON NOW.... if one of you guys sees someone pulling out of an alley DT at night, you will pull them over just because, I've had it happen! "why did I get pulled over officer? - "you are in a known drug area".... "why did I get pulled over officer?" - "you were leaving a liquor establishment" why did I get pulled over officer? - "you were driving too slow, usually guys fly down this HWY, so I thought you were up to something" Why do you want to search my vehicle officer? - "if you have nothing to hide you would not care"..... The list goes on and on! Not everyone who goes to a bar will drive home drunk! Not everyone driving DT is buying crack! Not everyone who believes in their chartered rights is trying to hide something! Just like not all cops are head bashing liars! So it is a 2 way street. Except that you cops take an Oath and are given special powers, guns, tazers, etc. So you are held (or should I say, should be held) to a much higher standard!

as for the Lamestream media, I think they are as you have mentioned, except they are also controlled by the powers that be and can only run pre-approved stories etc.

Also Trunk, I noticed you had no comments on the stories I posted from Veteran members (retired and present) speaking out about the upper management within the RCMP, dont tell me you guys are not ALL AFRAID of speaking out! Truly sad! We live in a fear based world and nobody is immune....
castakelowna
Fledgling

Post by castakelowna »

50-YEARS-in-Ktown wrote:The force has huge baggage, for example the way. A lot of the women members were treated. Will take a long time to fix that mess. The good men, what did they do about it while it went on? I realize they probably could not do much without affecting their own job.
It's a problem that has really tarnished their image...imo.

this is EXACTLY it! The good ones are too afraid to say something! SAD
castakelowna
Fledgling

Post by castakelowna »

bcpaul wrote:sURE, as long as I can record them too

you can! and should! I have done it, amazing to see how the officers behavior changes when they know they are being recorded!
castakelowna
Fledgling

Post by castakelowna »

DashFiveGuy wrote:
bcpaul wrote:sURE, as long as I can record them too

What are you doing that you are finding yourself in a position to need to be recording "them"??

for both my own safety and that of the officers!
castakelowna
Fledgling

Post by castakelowna »

Trunk-Monkey wrote:
MAPearce wrote:
What could "HE" be doing ?? But hey , as the common refrain goes .."if you have nothing to hide , why worry" ?

I know , it's getting old ...

It must really be horrible to have to live in constant "I have to look over my shoulder" mode.

it is! all because we have to fear our own public servants! :purefury:
castakelowna
Fledgling

Post by castakelowna »

Trunk-Monkey wrote:
MAPearce wrote:

Tell me what it's like Trunk...I don't have too.

But I know you weren't implying that I do....

I wasnt implying anything...I was simply saying you have this `fear` of what a cop is going to do to you or someone, anyone for that matter....its so deep that you want them to carry video cameras on them so their actions can be recorded all of the time. To me thats a sort of paranoid way of thinking and or living....isnt it.
Cops are there to help and to enforce the law...its too bad you can never get past the bad experience you have had with them. You should try tho...they really are not that bad.

and if cops did just that "Cops are there to help and to enforce the law" and did it while respecting the Oath they take and my Cjartered rights maybe I would not need a camera!
castakelowna
Fledgling

Post by castakelowna »

MAPearce wrote:It's not a fear really..but even 3 weeks ago, after a dropped 911 call from my cell NUMBER (not phone) I have reason to question how the RCMP work...I was never "Mantlered " and doubt I ever will be but if you can suggest that I ,or anyone else don't have to worry about being Monty'd , then you don't have a realistic view of how Canadians have been disappointed by the actions of a once revered police force. Sorry buddy , but I hold the RCMP accountable to the expectations that the RCMP hold those that they police to..Lately the RCMP fail...

I had nothing to hide..But now I do INDEED have questions...

LOVE to see the video AND the audio on that one..I'll move to the Kelowna "law enforcement " thread with that one later and you can try to answer to "The Boss"...

Cameras on the RCMP are a GOOD thing..As long as you guys don't have the remote.
:hailjo:
castakelowna
Fledgling

Post by castakelowna »

Trunk-Monkey wrote:
CoconutBreath wrote:go to youtube. see what police will do to you if they know you start video/audio taping.

And what is that exactly??

http://www.pixiq.com/article/dallas-dep ... g-head-cam
castakelowna
Fledgling

Post by castakelowna »

Ken7 wrote:Simply amazing!!

That's all I can say pointing a laser at that chopper.

They need 50 cal. aboard to send a message!

seriously? geez...
castakelowna
Fledgling

Post by castakelowna »

Symbonite wrote:here is a stop to this thread...

are you gonna do something stupid? then you dont have to worry about police wearing cameras.

the end

:dyinglaughing: ahhh.... Not quite.... What many are saying is, we welcome the cameras, as long as they are making sure the cops arent doing anything stupid also and cannot erase, or not record when convenient!
castakelowna
Fledgling

Post by castakelowna »

MAPearce wrote:
Captain Awesome wrote:Hmmm, going to the cop shop every 30-90 minutes to upload their videos...Sounds productive!

How long do you think it would have taken Mantler to go to the detatchment to download his camera (if he had one) after he sent Tavarres' head through the uprights ?

Didn't he have to go down there anyway with all those "exhibits" he collected ??

you mean the teeth and blood? :dyinglaughing:
zyzzx
Fledgling

Post by zyzzx »

OCD with a mix of some form of paranoia and inferiority complex. What a sad life some folks lead.
Doing drugs supports crime. Are you happy that you support crime? Just think how much society would save if you didn't support the criminals that are producing drugs. Medicinal? Good on you! That is why the Doctor gave you a prescription.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

FreeRights wrote:
MAPearce wrote:It's not a fear really..but even 3 weeks ago, after a dropped 911 call from my cell NUMBER (not phone) I have reason to question how the RCMP work...I was never "Mantlered " and doubt I ever will be but if you can suggest that I ,or anyone else don't have to worry about being Monty'd , then you don't have a realistic view of how Canadians have been disappointed by the actions of a once revered police force. Sorry buddy , but I hold the RCMP accountable to the expectations that the RCMP hold those that they police to..Lately the RCMP fail...

I had nothing to hide..But now I do INDEED have questions...

LOVE to see the video AND the audio on that one..I'll move to the Kelowna "law enforcement " thread with that one later and you can try to answer to "The Boss"...

Cameras on the RCMP are a GOOD thing..As long as you guys don't have the remote.

Ever heard of pocket dialing?

Yeah ...I have ..Thats why I use the KEY PAD lock.

Ever heard of that ??
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
CoconutBreath
Fledgling

Post by CoconutBreath »

Trunk-Monkey wrote:
CoconutBreath wrote:go to youtube. see what police will do to you if they know you start video/audio taping.

And what is that exactly??

just opened up cbc.ca webpage today......(but go to youtube to WATCH RCMP handle ppl who video-audiotape them...your friendly RCMP won't be so friendly to you any more)...but here's a small thing I just HAPPEN to see today...

RCMP take sides of security guards against a teen:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... rrest.html

Oh,....here's a DARE for ya, their TrunkMonkey....next time you get pulled over for a MINOR traffic violation, pull out your cellphone & "pretend" to videotape the officer at your window.....guaranteed he'll find SOMEthing to throw u in jail. GUARAN-TEEED.
Graphite
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Graphite »

This thread gives me an endless supply of laughs!

Return to “B.C.”