Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Kelowna RCMP Wearing Video Cameras

Post by OnTheRoadAgain »

it is quite amusing :bethecoffee:
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

And the "Cops don't do ANYTHING wrong ever " crowd start to chirp.....

not surprised.
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

MAPearce wrote:And the "Cops don't do ANYTHING wrong ever " crowd start to chirp.....

not surprised.

And you fall into which crowd? You've been chirping a lot yourself.
OnTheRoadAgain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by OnTheRoadAgain »

still amused..... :cursor:
Graphite
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Graphite »

Me too! :dyinglaughing:
Trunk-Monkey
Übergod

Post by Trunk-Monkey »

CoconutBreath wrote:Oh,....here's a DARE for ya, their TrunkMonkey....next time you get pulled over for a MINOR traffic violation, pull out your cellphone & "pretend" to videotape the officer at your window.....guaranteed he'll find SOMEthing to throw u in jail. GUARAN-TEEED.

1st of all I dont answer to DAREs but if I was pulled over and yes I have been, I would be polite and co-operative to the police as I know they are just doing there job. To date in all my years driving I have not had one bad experience with a cop when I was pulled over. Yes I have I been a ticket a time or two but you know something...I deserved them.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

goatboy wrote:
MAPearce wrote:And the "Cops don't do ANYTHING wrong ever " crowd start to chirp.....

not surprised.

And you fall into which crowd? You've been chirping a lot yourself.

You tell me ....You seen to know all about me..

Because I think cop cams are a good thing , you assume I won't don't realise the benefits for both the public AND the police..My chirpping about it isn't as one sided as you and the other pro cop flag wavers insist..

It's only that I don't think cops should have control of whats recorded or deleted that you continue with your "basher" type of comments...

Why would cops worry anyway ? Are they afraid of something ?
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

castakelowna wrote:
Oh come on now.... You would have to be living under a rock, or drinking the RCMP kool aid to say "one or a few bad apples"! There is a culture of horrible behaviour within the RCMP and many other police forces. Just because you refuse to acknowledge it does not mean it is not true! For the RCMP it starts in Regina and continues. Management abuses the officers, the officers in turn abuse the public and the authority they are given. Time and time again! I would be here for days if I tried to post info. just on incidents this year alone. I will easily admit that there are MANY officers that do an amazing job and are true heros', but there are also MANY that have no respect for the Oath they take! The fact that even the "good" cops will lie to protect the bad ones" I didnt see what happened, I was loading the bike in the car" shows that there is a fear of speaking out even when colleagues are committing horrible acts!

It is not your fault Trunk, this mindset is drilled into you right from the beginning. Do what you are told, dont talk back, polish those boots, make your bed a certain way, cut you hair a certain way, etc. etc. etc. I would go nuts too if I was part of a cult like organization! Couple that with the fact that society does not value police services enough to pay you guys more, (and management gets an unfair share of the pie) so that you can take some R&R time to unwind once in a while and are not tempted to take the $$$ when flashed in your face. There are also not enough ways for whistleblowers to speak out without fear of retribution and not enough services (mental health) to make sure that you guys are coping well with the stresses of your job, and the fact that due to a lack of social programs police are left to deal with the mentally challenged/ill, it all adds up. You are only human and humans make mistakes. This is why I feel that the general public, including the officers, would be well served with video recording that keeps track of the officers just as much as it does the citizens.

Ignoring the rest of your post, you allege that the traditional training of police officers instills this mindset. You could not be more incorrect. Most armed forces in the world go through the same training that develop a culture of discipline, integrity, and honesty, and the "cult-like" activities exist for a reason, for police and for military.

I would suggest you actually know something prior to pretending you do.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

MAPearce wrote:
It's only that I don't think cops should have control of whats recorded or deleted that you continue with your "basher" type of comments...

Oh OK, I get it. You can call us a "Cop's can't do anything wrong crowd" and that's OK, but when you get called out you get all uppity. Don't be so sensitive if you can't take what you dish.
castakelowna
Fledgling

Post by castakelowna »

FreeRights wrote:
castakelowna wrote:
Oh come on now.... You would have to be living under a rock, or drinking the RCMP kool aid to say "one or a few bad apples"! There is a culture of horrible behaviour within the RCMP and many other police forces. Just because you refuse to acknowledge it does not mean it is not true! For the RCMP it starts in Regina and continues. Management abuses the officers, the officers in turn abuse the public and the authority they are given. Time and time again! I would be here for days if I tried to post info. just on incidents this year alone. I will easily admit that there are MANY officers that do an amazing job and are true heros', but there are also MANY that have no respect for the Oath they take! The fact that even the "good" cops will lie to protect the bad ones" I didnt see what happened, I was loading the bike in the car" shows that there is a fear of speaking out even when colleagues are committing horrible acts!

It is not your fault Trunk, this mindset is drilled into you right from the beginning. Do what you are told, dont talk back, polish those boots, make your bed a certain way, cut you hair a certain way, etc. etc. etc. I would go nuts too if I was part of a cult like organization! Couple that with the fact that society does not value police services enough to pay you guys more, (and management gets an unfair share of the pie) so that you can take some R&R time to unwind once in a while and are not tempted to take the $$$ when flashed in your face. There are also not enough ways for whistleblowers to speak out without fear of retribution and not enough services (mental health) to make sure that you guys are coping well with the stresses of your job, and the fact that due to a lack of social programs police are left to deal with the mentally challenged/ill, it all adds up. You are only human and humans make mistakes. This is why I feel that the general public, including the officers, would be well served with video recording that keeps track of the officers just as much as it does the citizens.

Ignoring the rest of your post, you allege that the traditional training of police officers instills this mindset. You could not be more incorrect. Most armed forces in the world go through the same training that develop a culture of discipline, integrity, and honesty, and the "cult-like" activities exist for a reason, for police and for military.

I would suggest you actually know something prior to pretending you do.

So because you say it then it is right? Do you have anything besides your obviously biased opinion to contribute? *bleep* are you talking about? How is this so called "culture of discipline, integrity, and honesty," working so far? Police all over the world trampling on peoples rights just because they are told to do so? Unable to use reason and common sense, humanity and compassion.....

Look what happened during the G20. All reports that have been released have said the same thing, our chartered rights were basically non-existent! Why? because the police think they are above the law! Why? because they know all cops stick together and if you make a complaint they will find a way to charge you out of the deal. Same thing happened here with Buddy and that goof ball Mantler. Had that incident not been caught on video, nothing would have come of it! Buddy would have been charged and Mantlers partner would have lied, just like mantlers partner in the other incident which was just before the courts that said "I did not see what happened, I was loading the accused bike into the truck" This is the issue! The mindset is its the police against everyone else. This is why they lie, look the other way, lose/fabricate evidence etc. etc.

I think the first line of your reply is 100% correct. At least you admit your own ignorance. :dyinglaughing:

Do all these other military and police training facilities have 5 different places for the officers to become addicted to alcohol while they are in training? :dyinglaughing: some that are only for brass, another just for newbies etc. lol, they even discriminate against their own!

The whole damn thing is about power and control. This has been studied, give someone even the smallest amount of authority, they will usually abuse it! Then add to that no impartial regulatory body that oversees officers actions and allow them to investigate themselves..... You end up with many police doing whatever the heck they want and a general population that losses trust in its police!
castakelowna
Fledgling

Post by castakelowna »

]

You tell me ....You seen to know all about me..

Because I think cop cams are a good thing , you assume I won't don't realise the benefits for both the public AND the police..My chirpping about it isn't as one sided as you and the other pro cop flag wavers insist..

Why would cops worry anyway ? Are they afraid of something ?[/quote]

EXACTLY!!! What do they have to hide? Thats the line they use against us.... If you have nothing to hide why do you care if i search your person/house/vehicle/computer/etc. - Chartered rights? they are for people hiding something I guess....
castakelowna
Fledgling

Post by castakelowna »

Trunk-Monkey wrote:
CoconutBreath wrote:Oh,....here's a DARE for ya, their TrunkMonkey....next time you get pulled over for a MINOR traffic violation, pull out your cellphone & "pretend" to videotape the officer at your window.....guaranteed he'll find SOMEthing to throw u in jail. GUARAN-TEEED.

1st of all I dont answer to DAREs but if I was pulled over and yes I have been, I would be polite and co-operative to the police as I know they are just doing there job. To date in all my years driving I have not had one bad experience with a cop when I was pulled over. Yes I have I been a ticket a time or two but you know something...I deserved them.

so when you say you deserved the ticket, did you break any real laws? Damage? injury/assault? fraud? If i am speeding i am not breaking any natural law. You will give me a ticket because the "Act" says you can, but in actually law, nobody is hurt, no property damaged and nobody was defrauded..... So where is the crime? and tell me it is not a money grab!

and ya, you are gonna say prevent this or that, but maybe the REAL laws should be punishable with harsher punishments when they are broken, rather than a cash grab under the guise of trying to save/help people...
castakelowna
Fledgling

Post by castakelowna »

Captain Awesome wrote:
bcpaul wrote:sURE, as long as I can record them too

Nobody is stopping you.

the cop will try to find a way.....
Trunk-Monkey
Übergod

Post by Trunk-Monkey »

castakelowna wrote:so when you say you deserved the ticket, did you break any real laws? Damage? injury/assault? fraud? If i am speeding i am not breaking any natural law. You will give me a ticket because the "Act" says you can, but in actually law, nobody is hurt, no property damaged and nobody was defrauded..... So where is the crime? and tell me it is not a money grab!

and ya, you are gonna say prevent this or that, but maybe the REAL laws should be punishable with harsher punishments when they are broken, rather than a cash grab under the guise of trying to save/help people...

No I was only speeding. You can debate the issues all you want regarding the need for speeding tickets and what not...the fact remains if you are caught speeding by a cop and get a ticket....you probably deserve it.
Trunk-Monkey
Übergod

Post by Trunk-Monkey »

castakelowna wrote:
the cop will try to find a way.....

You seem to think you have the right or knowledge to speak for all cops....well I am here to tell you...dont try and speak for me...you dont know what you are talking about.

Return to “B.C.”