How would we know?

CTF
Fledgling

Re: How would we know????

Post by CTF »

How many people even have transistor radio’s anymore? Everyone seems to have either satellite or internet radio.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

All of our cars have batteries and radio's too :skippingsheep:
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
CTF
Fledgling

Post by CTF »

twobits wrote:All of our cars have batteries and radio's too :skippingsheep:

True...
XT225
Lord of the Board

Post by XT225 »

CTF wrote:
twobits wrote:All of our cars have batteries and radio's too :skippingsheep:

True...

Well, you better listen to the CBC then (sorry twobits...I know they are not your favorite; too Democratic for ya..lol) but I believe they are the ONLY radio station in this area who has backup power. Power goes out, so will CIGV and CKOR. Will CBC really know whats going on in OUR area though; thats the other question.
CTF
Fledgling

Post by CTF »

XT225 wrote:Well, you better listen to the CBC then (sorry twobits...I know they are not your favorite; too Democratic for ya..lol) but I believe they are the ONLY radio station in this area who has backup power. Power goes out, so will CIGV and CKOR. Will CBC really know whats going on in OUR area though; thats the other question.

The CBC always seem to know exactly what music festival is playing in the Kootenay's.....
ToddT
Übergod

Post by ToddT »

You can listen to the radio on your cell phone too...
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Not one to pass up an opportunity to take a jab at Okanagan Country 100.7 are you southy?

Grow up dude.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

LoneWolf_53 wrote:Not one to pass up an opportunity to take a jab at Okanagan Country 100.7 are you southy?

Grow up dude.

Ahhh come on Wolfy :dyinglaughing: You can't be serious?? You call my reference to the FACT that Country 100.7 got rid of their receptionist and that there are limited live bodies in the building to even take a phone call a jab?? Nahhh ... just the facts there Wofly. Notice I mentioned other media as well. You seem just a tad sensative to anything to do with Country 100.7. Thought cowboys were supposed to the tough guys :dyinglaughing: !!
XT225
Lord of the Board

Post by XT225 »

southy wrote:
LoneWolf_53 wrote:Not one to pass up an opportunity to take a jab at Okanagan Country 100.7 are you southy?

Grow up dude.

Ahhh come on Wolfy :dyinglaughing: You can't be serious?? You call my reference to the FACT that Country 100.7 got rid of their receptionist and that there are limited live bodies in the building to even take a phone call a jab?? Nahhh ... just the facts there Wofly. Notice I mentioned other media as well. You seem just a tad sensative to anything to do with Country 100.7. Thought cowboys were supposed to the tough guys :dyinglaughing: !!

Exactly, Southy....wolfman is a bit sensitive re the Giant (oops....sorry its not called that anymore is it; maybe because it ISN'T a giant anymore...lol. We both mentioned OTHER media, such as our latest favorite station - CKOR 97.1 It, too, will not be heard should the power go out in this city. I wasnt aware of that actually so would switch to my next favorite - CBC and hopefully they will be able to somehow gather info from Vancouver (where they are located) from this area. Its rather ironic as the Right Wingers despise CBC for the most part - far too Democratic a station for them...lol. I bet even Obama listens to it when he is up this way...lol.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Here's a thought guys, if something should happen and you want to be brought up to speed, and you can't figure out what to do, ask your kids.

They're more in tune with social media than anyone else on the planet, and I have as yet to meet one that doesn't own a cell phone, on which they constantly monitor twitter and facebook, among other things, thus they always know what is happening about 6hrs before the media picks up on it anyway. :)

If the disaster is so huge that all the cell towers fail, then I think it's too late for concern anyway.
livewire
Fledgling

Post by livewire »

Southy!! How dare you talk about a radio station on this thread......
southy
Lord of the Board

Re: How would we know?

Post by southy »

Just giving Wolfy the FACTS there livewire. And you have a problem with this because .....????
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

XT225 wrote:Exactly, Southy....wolfman is a bit sensitive re the Giant (oops....sorry its not called that anymore is it; maybe because it ISN'T a giant anymore...lol.

Like it ever was. :dyinglaughing: Giant joke perhaps, before Newcap.
Tony
Übergod

Post by Tony »

Seriously, if there was a natural disaster, or an unnatural disaster for that matter, you don't think every radio station, TV station etc wouldn't turn their mics on and and start broadcasting live? There's almost always somebody at a station and they are more than capable to get on the air and direct people on what to do.
XT225
Lord of the Board

Post by XT225 »

Tony wrote:Seriously, if there was a natural disaster, or an unnatural disaster for that matter, you don't think every radio station, TV station etc wouldn't turn their mics on and and start broadcasting live? There's almost always somebody at a station and they are more than capable to get on the air and direct people on what to do.

According to Shakeman in an earlier post on this thread, the CBC would still be on the air if the power goes out. All other local stations will NOT be; no backup power sources. Thats the bottom line. I think that very few people really know where to turn when disaster strikes.

Return to “Central Okanagan”