The Easy Way to Stop Smoking

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
Darlin06
Board Meister

The Easy Way to Stop Smoking

Post by Darlin06 »

I recently finished reading "The Easy Way to Stop Smoking" by Allen Carr...

Unfortunately, I did not follow one of the instructions and had to read it again this afternoon...I am at a complete loss for words over my feelings right now..I've never felt so awesome! I was on the last few chapters and I suddenly had this strange feeling in my chest and started to cry on the spot...I cannot believe how easy this really was...I'm so grateful to this man!
:sunshine:
Anyways, I'm curious if anyone else around here has read this or is about to....Just curious how your experience was?
"Don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful." ~ Ann Landers
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: The Easy Way to Stop Smoking

Post by Queen K »

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=22732&hilit=+Quit+smoking

Hi, there's a 25 page thread on quitting smoking and yer all winners!

More $$ in your pocket.
Less insurance for your home/life.
No more stinky clothing/hair/car.
Fewer chances of ending up on the news on Christmas morning, "sofa on fire due to smouldering cig.."

You get the idea.

:hailjo: And mostly? You stand fewer chances of seeing healthcare peeps.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
prairieflower
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by prairieflower »

Darlin06 wrote:I recently finished reading "The Easy Way to Stop Smoking" by Allen Carr...

Unfortunately, I did not follow one of the instructions and had to read it again this afternoon...I am at a complete loss for words over my feelings right now..I've never felt so awesome! I was on the last few chapters and I suddenly had this strange feeling in my chest and started to cry on the spot...I cannot believe how easy this really was...I'm so grateful to this man!
Anyways, I'm curious if anyone else around here has read this or is about to....Just curious how your experience was?

I wish so much good luck to you! It is such an incredibly hard addiction to quit. As of today I have not smoked for 9 months and 26 days :sunshine: after being a 33 yr smoker. I hope you succeed!!
Darlin06
Board Meister

Post by Darlin06 »

prairieflower wrote:
Darlin06 wrote:I recently finished reading "The Easy Way to Stop Smoking" by Allen Carr...

I wish so much good luck to you! It is such an incredibly hard addiction to quit. As of today I have not smoked for 9 months and 26 days :sunshine: after being a 33 yr smoker. I hope you succeed!!

That is amazing and congrats to you! I've only smoked for 12 years but what a feeling!
"Don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful." ~ Ann Landers
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

so how does a person quit smoking?

WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

Post by SmokeOnTheWater »

The only way that truly works ...cold turkey ...
" Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. " ~ Gary Snyder
peachlandnotary

Post by peachlandnotary »

One thing that my friend found helpful is using one of those online support networks that shows you calculations of how much money and how many years of your life you have saved. He posts the updates on Facebook and it's really inspiring.

I'm sure there are plenty out there but I had a look and found this one:
http://darrenfauth.com/calculators/mone ... ng-smoking

Good luck, you can do it!
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Yes, the book was great. Quit smoking after reading it and that was 3 or 2 years ago.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Darlin06
Board Meister

Post by Darlin06 »

Congrats!

I'm only on day 4 but I feel absolutely amazing! So nice to be free :sunshine:
0gopogo
Fledgling

Post by 0gopogo »

5 months for me.
Did it with champix-and I'm sooooooo fat now from eating!!!!!
:ohmygod:

As of now I'm gonna work on the fat part, drink water everytime I feel hungry!
Maybe go to the bike barn and get a good bike.
Phoenix Within
Guru

Post by Phoenix Within »

I had a couple of friends who've read the book, put their smokes down, and never picked them up again. I'd recommend it to anyone looking to quit smoking.
So I love the Okanagan but it's a place best enjoyed from atop a very large pile of $100 bills. - Spocky
pattergrub
Fledgling

Post by pattergrub »

Thinktank wrote:so how does a person quit smoking?

bigger question is - how does a person start. tastes disgusting, makes you feel gross, and is no longer socially aceptable-
after the book was recomended to me by an employee - i basically told myself i was NEVER going to have another smoke again and be happy about it, to never doubt my decision and there is no such thing as just one- comes down to positive thinking i think - Now have ten or so guys that have read the book and successfully quit! all pack a day guys working in the patch recomend it to anyone!! there are no substitutes(weight gain), no cravings, no misery. In reality i have not quit anything i have started to live a healthy life after 20 years of misery!! sad thing is the book was written in 1986!!!
satisfaction is the death of desire!!
BigBadBen
Fledgling

Post by BigBadBen »

Congratulations, OP!

That book really is the easy way. Seven years clean for me after reading it and I had tried most everything else.
tjc

Post by tjc »

day 1 today.. cold turkey , this is the 3 rd time trying in over 40 yrs ,it will work this time !!

Return to “Health”