Land claims

Phoenix Within
Guru

Land claims

Post by Phoenix Within »

Today while out during a hike, I came across an old post with a land claim (gold claim?) tag on it. Date was from 1993. Out of curiosity, how long are these claims good for?

And no, I'm not looking to take it over!
So I love the Okanagan but it's a place best enjoyed from atop a very large pile of $100 bills. - Spocky
metallica
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Land claims

Post by metallica »

Not sure how long they are good for. There's one up Vernon Creek from 1983.
Phoenix Within
Guru

Post by Phoenix Within »

metallica wrote:Not sure how long they are good for. There's one up Vernon Creek from 1983.

Actually that's the one I'm talking about (oops, just noticed I put '93 by accident). I figure after all this time, it may be not valid anymore. Just an interesting piece of history. I'm going to guess no gold came out of the creek.
So I love the Okanagan but it's a place best enjoyed from atop a very large pile of $100 bills. - Spocky
metallica
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by metallica »

There is some color in the creek, not alot. I was told the people or person, I was told his name and have forgotten it, had a small camp and a backhoe back in the day when fisheries was not that big of a deal.
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by keith1612 »

metallica wrote:There is some color in the creek, not alot. I was told the people or person, I was told his name and have forgotten it, had a small camp and a backhoe back in the day when fisheries was not that big of a deal.

i have friends in vernon that have claims, they can be very long if maintained.
i would never assume its not.
Phoenix Within
Guru

Post by Phoenix Within »

if they're not maintained?

Better yet, what classifies as maintenance?
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"

Return to “Central Okanagan”