Police dismantle huge Canadian drug network

Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Police dismantle huge Canadian drug network

Post by Ken7 »

I think it's great news!!

Sadly, I thought our Larry Amero was goofed up physically.

Two of the alleged leaders, identified as Shane Maloney and Larry Amero, were apprehended in Montreal's Verdun borough and face charges of of conspiracy to traffic drugs, drug trafficking, conspiracy to import drugs, drug importation and gangsterism.

Baybe next time!!
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by cutter7 »

Queen K wrote:I once told someone these drug dealers are after their kids and grandkids.

"NOT MINE" he said.

No, I didn't say your kids and grandkids would fall for it. I said, they're AFTER them.

All of them.
Yes, yours.

Actually all they want is the profit. If your kids have excess money to spend on drugs and you don't notice who's fault is that?

I can remember drug awareness programs in high school over 30 years ago. It's time to quit blaming people for profiting off your kids rebellion.

The only was to stop these guys is to take the profit out of the game.
WhatThe

Post by WhatThe »

Treblehook wrote:I wonder why every headline like this ends up being taken over by the debate about legalizing drugs to get rid of organized crime. Here is a hypothetical headline for you. "Canada Legalizes All Drugs of Abuse!! All Canadian Organized Crime Members Now Gainfully Employed in Legal Activities."

Typical response to those of us that are sick of our own govt having a direct hand in the deaths and misery of thousands of their own citizens, using precious dollars for a strategy that in fact costs more money every year that again directly takes money out of budgets that really help people, things like education and healthcare.

It's not a war on drugs, it's a war against ourselves, our bodies and minds and arresting people won't help that.
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

I'm not so sure that the decriminalization of cannabis is something that can be or should be put off forever. What irks the hell out of me is those who put forth the arguement that doing so would in some way eliminate organized crime. That notion would be a joke if it wasn't so pathetic. Those scumbags sociopaths that are currently involved in organized crime are not going to turn over a new leaf and become law abiding, productive members of society just because one commodity has been removed from the inventory of black market items. Who will supply the high octane pot that the government won't have licenced for sale, for example?
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Treblehook wrote:Who will supply the high octane pot that the government won't have licenced for sale, for example?

...along with all the other drugs including real money makers like cocaine.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Liquidnails
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Liquidnails »

Kids have done, do now, and always will find stupid ways of getting into *bleep*, whether it be by drugs they get their hands on, or drugs they generate (adrenaline, endorphins). Parents are the problem. Raise your kids right and they won't really care about drugs.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Treblehook wrote:I'm not so sure that the decriminalization of cannabis is something that can be or should be put off forever. What irks the hell out of me is those who put forth the arguement that doing so would in some way eliminate organized crime. That notion would be a joke if it wasn't so pathetic. Those scumbags sociopaths that are currently involved in organized crime are not going to turn over a new leaf and become law abiding, productive members of society just because one commodity has been removed from the inventory of black market items. Who will supply the high octane pot that the government won't have licenced for sale, for example?

It is already happening. There are lots of people who used to have illegal grows getting licenses, paying taxes and going legit. For many of them it's all they know and they are really good at it. They are relieved to have found their niche.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

It is already happening. There are lots of people who used to have illegal grows getting licenses, paying taxes and going legit. For many of them it's all they know and they are really good at it. They are relieved to have found their niche.

Do you have some link so I can read what "legal growing licenses" you're speaking of.

Thanks!
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Ken7 wrote:I think it's great news!!

Sadly, I thought our Larry Amero was goofed up physically.

Two of the alleged leaders, identified as Shane Maloney and Larry Amero, were apprehended in Montreal's Verdun borough and face charges of of conspiracy to traffic drugs, drug trafficking, conspiracy to import drugs, drug importation and gangsterism.

Baybe next time!!

Know what's sad to me?
That the shooter at the Grand didn't get them all. Now Canada not only has to contend with Amero's lawyer, but all his civil rights too. So we the Cnd. taxpayer are now paying for jail time babysitting, food, lodging, medical expenses and colour tv.

At least there was a mafia hit that was successful a day ago. The RCMP said they are worried about retaliations, ha, I'm worried the shooters will miss.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

cutter7 wrote:
Queen K wrote:I once told someone these drug dealers are after their kids and grandkids.

"NOT MINE" he said.

No, I didn't say your kids and grandkids would fall for it. I said, they're AFTER them.

All of them.
Yes, yours.

Actually all they want is the profit. If your kids have excess money to spend on drugs and you don't notice who's fault is that?

I can remember drug awareness programs in high school over 30 years ago. It's time to quit blaming people for profiting off your kids rebellion.

The only was to stop these guys is to take the profit out of the game.

Cutter, besides appearing to miss my entire point, I have to say, I personally don't have kids.
And yes, people can blame the pushers, they make drugs seem so appealing, give discounts at first, and are willing to go to any lengths to get anyone hooked. The pushers need to prove they can provide an income stream to their masters.

I lost count of how many posts I've made calling for legalizing certain drugs. Take the profit out is exactly how I put it a long, long time ago.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
noneofyourbiz3
Übergod

Post by noneofyourbiz3 »

Awesome. When your done go after the banks for the billions/trillions they've stolen through Libor fraud.
noneofyourbiz3
Übergod

Post by noneofyourbiz3 »

How you making out with HSBC and money laundering for the cartels?
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Treblehook wrote:I'm not so sure that the decriminalization of cannabis is something that can be or should be put off forever. What irks the hell out of me is those who put forth the arguement that doing so would in some way eliminate organized crime. That notion would be a joke if it wasn't so pathetic. Those scumbags sociopaths that are currently involved in organized crime are not going to turn over a new leaf and become law abiding, productive members of society just because one commodity has been removed from the inventory of black market items. Who will supply the high octane pot that the government won't have licenced for sale, for example?

To answer your last question.......allow people to legally grow up to 6 plants. They will supply their own high octane. As to putting a dent in organized crime, you bet it will. MJ is by far the biggest cash cow for them simply because the number of MJ users dwarfs all other drugs. No it won't make them go away but the majority of the profit will be gone stifling there alility to fund other illegal activities as well. There just would be the money to support their operations like there is now.

Marihuana
Key Findings
• In 2009, domestically-produced marihuana continued to be the most seized illicit drug
in Canada, in terms of both frequency and quantity.
• Marihuana was predominantly produced in British Columbia, Ontario, and Quebec,
though production in the Prairies and the Maritimes continued.
• A decrease in cross-border seizures of Canadian marihuana and law enforcement
reporting continued to suggest that organized crime groups (OC groups) have moved
their operations to the United States to avoid the risk of detection by enhanced law
enforcement at the Canada-U.S. border.
• The Marihuana Medical Access Regulations (MMAR) are susceptible to exploitation by
drug trafficking organizations.
Cannabis is the most widely produced, seized, and consumed drug worldwide.iii Cannabis
remains the most commonly used illicit drug in Canada, although there has been a slight
decline in the last several years.iv Despite the decrease in seizures at the Canada-U.S. border,
marihuana smuggling continues to be one of the most lucrative activities for organized crime
in Canada and will likely remain so for years to come.

http://www.leap.cc/for-the-media/the-wa ... -a-glance/
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by cutter7 »

Queenie, while you and I agree the solution to some of the drug problems is to take the profit out I strongly disagree with your pusher comments.

How many pushers do you know? I am not saying pushers don't exist I am telling you that in the drug world pushers are considered scum by the dealers as well.

There is a huge difference between a drug dealer and a pusher. pusher to me is an old scare tactic term that really show's your archaic view of the situation.

Return to “Canada”