Is this against the law?

gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Is this against the law?

Post by gardengirl »

ouellette-k wrote:wow im very sorry to the people ive upset and i can see why some call me creepy. I hate the daily grind feeling like a scumbag going through filthy trash but what options do i have. Even if i could find a minimum wage job i cant keep them due to being antisocial and waking up everyday feeling worthless.Im taking what you throw away and buying food and paying rent.People shouldnt have to work for a home only to look out there window to see a degenerate rifling through there personal trash.Im collecting cans I wouldnt know what to do with credit info if thats what u think and y would i pick cans if i wanted to do criminal acts.Thank you to all who have givin me bags or even a wave,and to those who storm outta there house simply put a sign sayin no cans.Calling the police will only waste tax dollars to give me a fine that i may pay years down the road if i ever get myself together

So you apparently know that it is indeed against the law.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
Catz
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Catz »

ouellette-k wrote:wow im very sorry to the people ive upset and i can see why some call me creepy. I hate the daily grind feeling like a scumbag going through filthy trash but what options do i have. Even if i could find a minimum wage job i cant keep them due to being antisocial and waking up everyday feeling worthless.Im taking what you throw away and buying food and paying rent.People shouldnt have to work for a home only to look out there window to see a degenerate rifling through there personal trash.Im collecting cans I wouldnt know what to do with credit info if thats what u think and y would i pick cans if i wanted to do criminal acts.Thank you to all who have givin me bags or even a wave,and to those who storm outta there house simply put a sign sayin no cans.Calling the police will only waste tax dollars to give me a fine that i may pay years down the road if i ever get myself together

Why do you drive like a mad man on my street where young kids are?
Why do you leave garbage after?
Why do you drive away when I come to talk to you?

I have no issues giving bottles...just not the way you do it.
kumazatheef
Board Meister

Post by kumazatheef »

gardengirl wrote:So you apparently know that it is indeed against the law.

Which law??

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/arti ... ourt-rules

"Until the garbage is placed at or within reach of the lot line, the householder retains an element of control over its disposition and cannot be said to have unequivocally abandoned it, particularly if it is placed on a porch or in a garage or within the immediate vicinity of the dwelling," he wrote.

Granted, this article/situation primarily concerns itself with RCMP law enforcement for warrants, the wording of the verdict alludes to possible civil implications:

he abandoned his privacy interest when he placed his garbage for collection at the rear of his property where it was accessible to any passing member of the public. P did everything required to rid himself of the items taken as evidence. His conduct was incompatible with any reasonable expectation of confidentiality.

http://www.canlii.org/en/ca/scc/doc/200 ... scc17.html

As for the accusations of bad driving, well, that's all under MVA and not part of the original post.
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

The fact that his driving was not in the original post does not change the fact that he is driving illegally.
I and others here have witnessed it.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

It's a discussion forum/do not post just emoticons/Trip
not so new to town

Post by not so new to town »

we all know its not against the law, and if its garbage , and you put out it there. what do you care if hes going through it anyway? your not the one looking or going through it, so who cares. maybe he has kids. Or just needs to eat and pay bills. better then sitting on welfare. and i am not sure who posted it, but if it is such a concern put a seperate bag out beside it, then he wont rumage through the bin, better yet. Tape a sign to the lid expressing there is no cans in the bin.
JUST CRUZIN THE BOARD!!!!!!
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

It's against the bylaw which was posted earlier.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

call the police when u see him . tell them a really really really really scary man is picking thru your garbage taking bottles .. im sure the swat team will show up in a few seconds with such a disturbing complaint
i mean who wouldnt fee threatened by a bottle picker they r scary
Catz
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Catz »

Why does he not answer my questions?
OnTheRoadAgain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by OnTheRoadAgain »

TaraD wrote:I come to this thread rather late so am not sure if anyone has previously mentioned this or not, but pop cans, bottles, juice containers, anything with a recycling fee attached, does not go into your recycling bin, so if someone is going through your bin for recyclables they are actually doing you and the depot a favour.
http://www.regionaldistrict.com/services/regional-waste-reduction-office/recycling/blue-cart.aspx

It isn't supposed to, but it does and as long as it does people will look for it and take it for the coin.
OnTheRoadAgain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by OnTheRoadAgain »

Fancy wrote:It's against the bylaw which was posted earlier.

which is complaint driven and not otherwise enforced.
Also, supreme court laws supercede bylaws.
OnTheRoadAgain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by OnTheRoadAgain »

Catz wrote:Why does he not answer my questions?

It may not even be 'him'.
"He" may be another bottle picker who can relate.
"He" may have never been on your street.
"He" may not even own a car.
and "He" might also be a 'she'.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

OnTheRoadAgain wrote:
Fancy wrote:It's against the bylaw which was posted earlier.

which is complaint driven and not otherwise enforced.
Also, supreme court laws supercede bylaws.

Where in the supreme court rules does it state it's okay to garbage pick?
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

lol supreme court .. garbage picking all in one post !
Catz
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Catz »

Does this answer your question road boy?

Return to “Central Okanagan”