Monday Night Power Outage

fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Monday Night Power Outage

Post by fluffy »

There was a limited power outage last evening in an area roughly bordered by Main Street, Warren Ave, the Channel Parkway, Fairview and Duncan. It lasted about an hour. A firetruck went by my place, as did a hydro truck that appeared to be searching but I never did get any word on the reason for the outage. I drove around a bit, thinking maybe someone had taken out a power pole but no sign. Did anyone hear what caused it?

(There was a rumour that it was caused by a disturbance in the time/space continuum as hoot attempted to return to the stone age but this is as yet unconfirmed.)
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Monday Night Power Outage

Post by Bsuds »

Did you notice any Planes spraying or did H.A.A.R.P. turn on their array last night?
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
zookeeper
Walks on Forum Water

Post by zookeeper »

Our area, not far from there, must have been caught up in the time/space continuum because we did not suffer from this power outage. I do hope it is really Tuesday Nov. 6th real world time because I would not like to be living in the stone age. Thank you.
Quixote
Fledgling

Post by Quixote »

It also affected the industrial area around Government and Warren, but I haven't heard anything about the cause.
canuck500
Fledgling

Post by canuck500 »

Library area was fine, lights didn't even flicker

Return to “Central Okanagan”