Good real estate agent

IvanandNadya

Good real estate agent

Post by IvanandNadya »

In search of a good real estate agent(experience, knowledge, passion and ability to listen to the client needs and not only send mls auto search but actually finding the right properties and doing the research). Any suggestions or good experience. Please share. Thank you.
km100503

Re: Good real estate agent

Post by km100503 »

Sent you PM as to who NOT to get.
wanderer
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by wanderer »

IvanandNadya wrote:In search of a good real estate agent(experience, knowledge, passion and ability to listen to the client needs and not only send mls auto search but actually finding the right properties and doing the research). Any suggestions or good experience. Please share. Thank you.

Anita Clegg, a Royal LePage realtor. She is very knowledgeable, honest, works extremely hard to find what you want and close the deal, personable, and kind. She is based out of Westbank but she works anywhere. I've had her sell my condo at the price I wanted even in a downturned market, and I have friends she has just found a home for in Vernon. So I know her work ethics personally and they are terrific. If you want someone to work for you and help you she's the real deal.
Last edited by wanderer on Nov 9th, 2012, 4:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
not so new to town

Post by not so new to town »

completely off topic here but I remember driving down a road and seen some one added an "R" to the end of the "stone" sisters sign....ah...had a good laugh.
JUST CRUZIN THE BOARD!!!!!!
Steve-O
Übergod

Post by Steve-O »

Man, you can't throw a stone in this area without hitting a realator or two.

If you are buying, take your pick. Ask them for refrences.

If you are selling - and this is what I plan to do when the time comes - do some research on these low %age or 1 percent agencies. My humble opinion is that way too much is paid out on the sale of a house.

Anyone checking this thread out have any experiences to share about the low rate agencies?? My last experience selling my house has left me with a bitter feeling towards the services a real estate agent provides and the amount charged. Maybe I should asked for refernces first eh!
not so new to town

Steve-O wrote:Man, you can't throw a stone in this area without hitting a realator or two.

If you are buying, take your pick. Ask them for refrences.

If you are selling - and this is what I plan to do when the time comes - do some research on these low %age or 1 percent agencies. My humble opinion is that way too much is paid out on the sale of a house.

Anyone checking this thread out have any experiences to share about the low rate agencies?? My last experience selling my house has left me with a bitter feeling towards the services a real estate agent provides and the amount charged. Maybe I should asked for refernces first eh!

My friends experience which I would be inclind to agree on, would be that you get what you pay for, someone who charges the usual 7 & 3 is gonna put more money into the listing then a person who is receiving less of a commision say 1 %.......

that is for the sellar, however when buying I dont think it would matter, I think whoever has access to the house and can show you around and thats all that matters, YOU need to do your own reaserch and and du dilegence on the the property itself..

just my opinion
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

if you use a 1% place be prepared that many realtors may not be keen on showing your listing.. own experience anyway, so we had it changed to full comm for agent and it was gone right away
Stoner sisters made me laugh
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
not so new to town

normaM wrote:if you use a 1% place be prepared that many realtors may not be keen on showing your listing.. own experience anyway, so we had it changed to full comm for agent and it was gone right away
Stoner sisters made me laugh

Ha me too!
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

Trish Wise - she has a good volume and won't sell you - she will get you what you are looking for
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

I think Brounal might be looking for work.
He claims he's the best ever, anywhere in the world.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

My realtor pal advised me that many relators often will not show houses listed by the low commission firms, I guess there is a trade off to keeping that commission money in your pocket. Not saying do not use a discount broker, just be informed.
Mytown
Fledgling

Post by Mytown »

Good and Real Estate Agent...That's a bit of a oxymoron :dyinglaughing:
grumpies daughter
Board Meister

Post by grumpies daughter »

Kent Jorgenson! He was great! Unlike many realtors, that became realtors after many other failures, Kent actually got his commerce degree with the intention of becoming a realtor. He was calm in the face of anxiety, very well informed, patient, humourous, open to new ideas, etc,. I have reccomended him to many, and all were pleased.
try to live your whole life west of the rockies
johnhenry
Übergod

Post by johnhenry »

Buying a house through the listing agent will give you greater bargaining power.
Words out of your mouth are like bullets out of a gun.
Once they are out, you can't take them back.
Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Logitack »

or a huge conflict of interest headache...be careful

Return to “Central Okanagan”