A break from the forums.....

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Re: A break from the forums.....

Post by Glacier »

Castanet is like the Hotel California... you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.

Eyepop hasn't posted for over a year, and Hotchip hasn't made an appearance for 2 years to the day ... and here they are letting us know they are still here. The only way to "leave" short of going 6 feet under is to reincarnate under a new name. Several posters actively posting on Castanet have done this, but I'm not sure why.

Welcome to the Hotel California.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

And I thought no one was gonna catch it the hotel thing, good on you Glacier.

I think tho that some may have come back under a different name for a few reasons,,, gone for a while and forgot password, werent happy with the old name,,, Or, even sneaking back in after being banned,,, who knows. Just goes to show ya that people do like it here tho.
♥ You and 98 other users LIKE this post
WhatThe

Post by WhatThe »

Roadster wrote:
I think tho that some may have come back under a different name for a few reasons,,, gone for a while and forgot password, werent happy with the old name,,, Or, even sneaking back in after being banned,,, who knows. Just goes to show ya that people do like it here tho.

Tell me again why we enjoy reading the bottom half of societies poorly written drivel? I mean, I'm face palming so often that bike guy could get a complete set of prints from my forehead.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

Splain please,,,
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Ha! from the mouths of Babes
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

Post by SmokeOnTheWater »

WhatThe wrote:Tell me again why we enjoy reading the bottom half of societies poorly written drivel? I mean, I'm face palming so often that bike guy could get a complete set of prints from my forehead.

:coffeecanuck:
" Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. " ~ Gary Snyder
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

Post by SmokeOnTheWater »

Roadster wrote:And I thought no one was gonna catch it the hotel thing, good on you Glacier.

Anyone old enough would probably know the entire lyrics of that song. I do. LOL !!
" Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. " ~ Gary Snyder
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

I would urge bikeguy25 and anyone else feeling this sort of frustration to avail themselves of the "friend & foe" function on the user control panel. You can remove all posts of any individual poster with a couple of clicks of the mouse much the same way as you can choose your friends in real life. I don't deny that there are people around that lack the emotional stability to be able behave with some semblance of dignity when posting anonymously, but that doesn't mean I have to let them into my living room so to speak.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Ya, like me and "B", it says he wrote something, but what do I care?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Did someone say something? :dyinglaughing:
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

WHAT?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
emc group
Fledgling

Post by emc group »

Why is every one saying fairwell to someone who will clearly not read them? EVERY line of work gets picked on, cops are just a bit more public. The light shines on the rotten ones unfortunately. Most are great guys.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

emc group wrote:Why is every one saying fairwell to someone who will clearly not read them? EVERY line of work gets picked on, cops are just a bit more public. The light shines on the rotten ones unfortunately. Most are great guys.

If you check his status he last visited Nov 11 @ 21:29....he is seeing these.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

Bsuds wrote:
emc group wrote:Why is every one saying fairwell to someone who will clearly not read them? EVERY line of work gets picked on, cops are just a bit more public. The light shines on the rotten ones unfortunately. Most are great guys.

If he chooses to see them. Might just be going to PMs with certain people or reading other threads.

Anyway he made his point. He probably will be back on later. I think most people get frusterated at some point, some just need to take a break is all.
ukcanuck
Fledgling

Post by ukcanuck »

Roadster wrote:
Bsuds wrote:

If he chooses to see them. Might just be going to PMs with certain people or reading other threads.

Anyway he made his point. He probably will be back on later. I think most people get frusterated at some point, some just need to take a break is all.

Just take the break then as most do. Why the melodrama? Why start an entire thread over it?

This is an internet forum people have opinions, every other profession gets it in the neck, teachers, doctors, lawyers, politicians etc etc you throw up your opinion and people shoot them down.

You dont like it, go home... And you just know bike guy is reading these that why he started the thread in the first place... His ego is why he did it and I suspect the reason why he's all poop in a knot about it is because his ego cant take it.

Return to “Social Concerns”