Is this against the law?

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Is this against the law?

Post by Fancy »

kdwag wrote:Omg...you are right, good job..You should be in politics...We need someone like you to lead us...
Why thank you but no time. Don't like to deal with unreasonable people and that includes suspicious characters.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
charliebean
Fledgling

Post by charliebean »

:dyinglaughing:
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Laughter is always a good thing - maybe if the fellow collecting cans showed a sense of humour there wouldn't be a problem.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
hairgoddess

Post by hairgoddess »

In the summer we had a similar problem where I live on Boucherie except we keep our pop bottles on our deck, in our fenced yard. The guy was going into my yard and taking them, which really freaked me out. I wasnt able to get his license plate # though. We started keeping them inside and the problem stopped. We have since put a lock on our gate from the inside so he would now have to climb it to get in!
Catz
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Catz »

BUMP.......

So I just had the pleasure of watching this idiot spin out side my house, going through cans...some left sideways.
I said...umm...no thank you...he said...

Ohhhhhhhh...nothing but crap here anyway, and spun out.

took pics though and will send them in :sunshine:
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

He is making up for the people that are to busy or cant be bothered to recycle! He must score pretty good to make it worth while or he wouldnt be doing it. Remember people shred any classified documents! Good for him at least the cans and bottles dont go to the landfill and someone is profiting off the ones who dont worry about it!
Catz
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Catz »

fall...the point is his friggin attitude as I have pointed out numerous times.

I give cans to people around here, all the time...people that treat me with respect
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

Catz wrote:fall...the point is his friggin attitude as I have pointed out numerous times.

I give cans to people around here, all the time...people that treat me with respect

And how was your attitude when you talked to him, were you over dramatic and like "how dare you". Maybe you were rude and deserved his attitude back. Can you dish it but cant take it!
Catz
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Catz »

Deleted by Trip.
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

Catz wrote:fall...the point is his friggin attitude as I have pointed out numerous times.

fall wrote:And how was your attitude when you talked to him, were you over dramatic and like "how dare you". Maybe you were rude and deserved his attitude back. Can you dish it but cant take it!

Seriously? Have you ever seen him? Have you ever interacted with him?
There are at least 2 other groups of people who go from house to house collecting bottles and cans.
They are polite and respectful. This guy is none of those things.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

The guy doesnt bother me or any of my neighbours we let him do his thing, have seen him knock over cans and pick them up no big deal.I do however feel kind of bad that I usually have alot of American cans that cant be returned in Canada as I pay no deposit and get no deposit back. Im sure he knows better now!
Darlin06
Board Meister

Post by Darlin06 »

This guy has not been a problem on our block as I've said before...He's been nothing but respectful...I think there are too many drama queens and kings around here who think they're better than him because he is going around taking cans...He's never dumped over bins on our street...Its impossible to get up to any speed in such short distances...He's always careful about spilling things....
I think alot of people need to grow up and try talking to him like the human being that he is...You'd be surprised! We've chatted with him and he's very appreciative...

If you want his respect, you need to show some...Don't go outside all high and mighty and start asking a million questions...

I cannot believe what this world has come to!
"Don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful." ~ Ann Landers
Catz
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Catz »

Du you think it is acceptable that when I say...

"ummmm...no thank you"

his respmonse...

"ohhhhh...nothing but crap anyway'

I asked nice...this was his reponse

I am glad you have no issues, I do and am not a drama queen.
Like I have said NUMEROUS times before.............I give mine away to few that are respectable to me.
Darlin06
Board Meister

Post by Darlin06 »

Alright, so is sitting on here complaining about it to others, working for you? Have you contacted bylaw? Have you said hello in a friendly manner other than saying "no cans" or whatever? I'm guessing most people haven't...Seems the Okanagan is full of people who think they are better than everyone else...

Do you think he wants to be out looking for cans? Lots of people that I run into in this community have a holier than thou attitude and I find it terribly disgusting...People look down at you, people treat you like a piece of garbage...

If he was up to no good or wanted to steal things or commit any crimes, chances are he would have by now. He's just a guy looking for some extra cash...
"Don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful." ~ Ann Landers
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

i agree there r so many who think so highly of themselves around these parts it is sick .. just help the guy or dont and get on with it . why r u still complaining about it ?? has he actually done anything to u ?

Return to “Central Okanagan”