Religious "insane" accomodations in Canada.

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
French Castanut
Lord of the Board

Re: Religious "insane" accomodations in Canada.

Post by French Castanut »

LOL :dyinglaughing:
Vote C'Nutz for President of the Republic of BC May 14th!
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

:ohmygod: your ultra religious right wing racist christian values are obvious. Canada, is a hub of all nations that is the most successful multi cultural nation on the planet. be proud of it. we maintain this by an unending ,changing series of compromises . learn to be a good Canadian learn to be a true Canadian who is a citizen of the world.
Peace be with you.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Prominent atheists, secularists, and even some moderate Muslims have also been exposing the dangerous lie that is multiculturalism (namely when Islam is involved). Islam is not only a religion, it's a totalitarian political entity whose goal is to take over the world, especially the West, implement Sharia Law, install the Koran as the constitution, and of course kill all the Jews.

This is not some crack pot conspiracy theory, it's a well documented in history. Even though Islam's goal of conquering Europe was thwarted in 1683, they have not given up hope of successful jihad. Today's jihad is being carried out in large part by means of the Trojan Horse - move to the West until the numbers are high enough to bring in Sharia Law. The Mosques in the West are more extreme in their hatred of the West than most of them in Egypt or Syria thanks to oil money flowing in by the Wahhabis in Saudi Arabia.

Islam is as large a threat today as Hitler was in the 1920s, and it threatens not only our way of life, but our fundamental values.

Buddhists, Christians, Jews, atheists, Hindus, etc. can be tolerated, but Islam is a psychopathic ideology that should not be given one inch in this country. Personally, I okay with the Indian Kirpan as mentioned in the OP, or noice bylaws in Jewish neighbourhoods, but no accommodation should be given to the idea that women are defective, with 1/10th overcome by marriage and the other 9/10ths by the grave.

If believing that it's wrong to rape infidels makes me a racist, then I guess I'm racist.

Here is what the "ultra religious christian" Pat Condell has to say:
Last edited by Glacier on Nov 14th, 2012, 8:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

It is arguable that ALL organized religions are political entities.

Seculuraism is a strong defense, but not invulnerable.

One of the prices of secularism is that all religions feel that their "rights" are not being respected. The folks who wish to be religious forget that there is a correlation in any country between secularism and freedom of religion. By attacking the sometimes odd compromises that are reached, religious folks undermine their own rights.

The Holy Roman Empire wasn't so great - just ask folks like Gallileo.

I have to agree with Glacier that the current iteration of Islam being expressed is totalitarian in nature, as is the right wing Christian movement in the US.

I would rather see some goofy accomodations here and there than see the imposition of one set of religious based doctrines on others. If that is an inevitable consequence of having a secular country - so be it.

The problem is that to maintain a secularist position, one really can't discriminate against Muslims. To do so would be to attack religious freedom itself. Besides, most of the muslim folks I have come in contact with are nice folks.

Theocracy remains the problem, and I have no answers. Every one I think of either attacks religious freedom or political freedom of expression.

I suppose the only answer is to keep espousing freedom and tolerance, which are the enemies of theocracy.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

"This is not some crap pot conspiracy theory"
usually when people begin a statement like this. it is.
Peace be with you.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

"This is not some crap pot conspiracy theory,"

IT sure smells like a pot of crap.maybe all the crap heads downtown are selling crap to fund mosques in kelowna someone should crap down on it.
Peace be with you.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

giftagin is sorry for being so sarcastic hes homesick and workin his heart out on that new bike mousqseum i mean bike museum idea can you forgive a poor leprachan.
Peace be with you.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Glacier wrote:
If believing that it's wrong to rape infidels makes me a racist, then I guess I'm racist.

I'll join Glacier in his racism.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Giftaggins wrote:"This is not some crack pot conspiracy theory"
usually when people begin a statement like this. it is.

That is a fair assumption, but in this instance I am speaking the truth.

Start by reading A God Who Hates by Wafa Sultan. As a Syrian born and raised Muslim, I think her understand of Islam bears a lot more weight than anything I or anyone else posts on Castanet. This was the first book I've read on the topic, but boy have my eyes been opened. I'm in the process of reading two others including the one mentioned by Pat Condell.

Back to my reading...
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

How good of you to correct your spelling, admit it you thought the expression was crap pot.just some things spell check cant do.as for your reading you seem obsessed with one particular point of view. may i suggest something lighter.i here Barack Obama has a good book there's good and bad in all of us. By the way hows your survival shelter coming you should fill it with pork.
Peace be with you.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Since crack is crap, I can let that one slide :D
__________________________________________________________________________________________

grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Giftaggins wrote:i here Barack Obama has a good book there's good and bad in all of us. By the way hows your survival shelter coming you should fill it with pork.

Why pork?

Yummmm pork. Whole pork loins have been cheap here lately.

"Sins of My Father" is Obama's book - right? I haven't read it yet. What is supposed to be so good about it?

kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

i havnt read any thing by bb i just heard he was good .gotta be impressed with the guy he just won his second term as leader of the free world .the message i get from him through all media sources including daily show and colbert report that he believes in hope and change .loving your fellow man .ironically the message that all hard right wings fanatics :ohmygod: favourite dude was trying to deliver. Stop stirring the pot and generating fear by taking isolated iridescence and spinning them into a bigger deal .Getting grannys to say theyr'e racists . The world is what you make of it How about all our native children that had that Indian beaten out of them by catholic clergy and how about the ones that were raped and tortured and killed . if you want to see awful atrocities in the world just look in the mirror. And what have you done to help these people in your own backyard rebuild there culture. the people we as a society have conquered and culture decimated. i believe the message from the president now is move forward.to put our beliefs in ourselves into action to make the world a better place.' the road to enlightenment is to lighten up' i am paraphrasing Leonard Cohen budist monk from his interview on you tube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrLk4vdY28Q
i find this song lifts my spirit try singing along.
to do good is good to do bad is bad to do nothing is evil.
Peace be with you.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

"Why pork?"

cause mu slums ar'nt allowed to eat it and when they reign jihad down on all us infidels. we will have something to eat.if you'd like a good laugh and see a satirical look at the bush administrations foreign policy watch team america world police.
"Dirka Dirka Dirka"
Peace be with you.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Giftaggins wrote:How good of you to correct your spelling, admit it you thought the expression was crap pot.

While I have suffered from expression mondegreenitis in the past (and could very well do so again in the future), in this instance I merely made a typo. I've used the expression "crap pot" before, even here on castanet, but never crap pot.

My bad for missing your humour. I even read "crap pot" as "crack pot" reading your post, so I was confused until quoting.... so I give you the belated haha you deserve... :hailjo:
- Douglas Murray

Return to “Social Concerns”