High tech TV hardware specs

Computer questions/solutions, technology news, science topics.
watchd0g

High tech TV hardware specs

Post by watchd0g »

So now I wish I had dug even deeper before buying my current LED TV. It does what I need but I do notice some lag that I would attribute to processor, memory and/or OS embedded in the TV.

Try as I might I don't see listings for these items, including perhaps storage and network hardware. Anyone seen this information available for any televisions?
Quixote
Fledgling

Re: High tech TV hardware specs

Post by Quixote »

If you post the model number it may be easier for people to help. I would suggest turning off any motion smoothing that the TV might be doing - if it has a 'gaming' mode these tend to reduce that delay as much as the TV is able to.
watchd0g

Post by watchd0g »

Mine is a Sony Bravia, KDL-40ex720, though I am looking for info on other Sony, Samsung, LG, etc info for comparison by specific hardware/OS specs. An annoying problem is when turning on. The various source, audio, picture menus are inaccessible for a time as though in a boot up process.
BTW...not interested in Sony bashing. It is a high quality picture with premium features. I just want more info to nail down specifics.
xjeepguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by xjeepguy »

Have you updated the firmware at all ?
When a man opens a car door for his wife, it's either a new car or a new wife
watchd0g

Post by watchd0g »

The TV is on the network so it advises me of all firmware updates.
SurplusElect
Übergod

Post by SurplusElect »

Picture is only as good as its source.

Modern TV's are not unlike computers. Users have to wait a min to use a laptop, can't just press power and send a email instantaneously.
watchd0g

Post by watchd0g »

That's pretty much been established. What I want is specs for my TV as a baseline to compare against others.
Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Logitack »

watchd0g

Post by watchd0g »

Nope, got all that.
SurplusElect
Übergod

Post by SurplusElect »

Noticed you didn't buy the XBR. You get what you pay for.
watchd0g

Post by watchd0g »

Your useful and constructive point is...?? I didn't get the BX either, or the H series. I did my research and made a choice balancing price and features on a boxing day sale for my needs at the time and for the near future. The internal computing hardware specs were not, and apparently still are not, available to consider in a decision. That is what I hope to remedy for the next time. :200:
SurplusElect
Übergod

Post by SurplusElect »

You bought a base model TV and are complaining about "lag".

All the specs associated with "lag" are listed clearly on Sony's "specs" of their TV's. There are many models above yours with much better specs. The specs they don't show are ones that have no association with picture quality, functionality and usability. The industry even makes up their own terms and "features" so you can bet if it matters (or looks like it matters more accurately) they will list it as a feature/spec - overkill is the goal.

Base model TV = not the best picture. Not that you have described your source or actual problem in much detail at all.

Have fun trying to get the best TV for the least amount of money.
watchd0g

Post by watchd0g »

You're off topic and clearly just like the sound of your own text, as you really don't understand the subject of the post. It was inevitable but no less disappointing.

I did specify my Initial/main concern. I also stated the picture was good, which it is great. The EX was one of the mid-range models available. I am very familiar with the specs the industry has chosen to focus on and to repeat myself it is not what I am looking for. if you actually read the thread with an openopen mind you can figure that out.

I ask again....your constructive and useful comments are...missing, so I won't bother trying to refute nonsense.
napaq

Post by napaq »

Although the following is not a direct answer respecting specs. it does relate and maybe useful to you.
These links suggest that the OS maybe Android based if for no other reason than the strong relationship between Sony, Google and Android OS apps.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_(operating_system)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smart_TV
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operating_system
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-definition_television
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Li ... k_Alliance

Return to “Computers, Science, Technology”