Auto Body Shop for Woman: Deemed Shocking

French Castanut
Lord of the Board

Auto Body Shop for Woman: Deemed Shocking

Post by French Castanut »

A hostess dressed in pink, makeup room, a waiting room with magazines called "women" ... approach a garage for seducing his female clients is accused of sexism by several feminist organizations.

Tyres and mechanical Desharnais announced with great fanfare the creation of his "division rose" a few weeks ago.

Now, women who come to one of the two branches of the garage area of ​​Quebec have the right to personalized treatment.

Instead of going through the usual entrance, they are directed to a booth where they were greeted by a hostess in pink. Patrol vehicle, also pink, allows women to return to "do their duty" during vehicle maintenance, we can also see in the video posted on the website of the company.

In the same video, it boasts the bathroom "refurbished", where we see a client in putting on lipstick while another reads a magazine in a small room.

"Condescending and sexist"

For the National Coalition against sexist advertising, the new service offered by Desharnais tires and mechanical as well as its ads are downright "infantilizing" and "sexist".

"I can not believe it! As if women needed a particular service to go to the garage. Because they understand less well than men? In addition, the color pink brings us back to the stereotype of the princess and girly. It is ridiculous to see it in 2012, "said spokeswoman Chantal Locat.

"This is special. It goes a little too far. There is something very corny when it insinuates that the woman needs a place to make up for it is in the garage, "says Nadège Brousteau, professor at the Chair of Public Relations and Marketing Communications at UQAM.

To please women

For its part, Desharnais tires and mechanical denies being sexist and says he wants only "to its female clients at ease."

"Women are not obliged to use this service. Our campaign is really focused on the theme: You have a choice, "said spokeswoman Claudia Desharnais.

"This campaign was created as a result of surveys of our customers. Many women said they do not like shopping for tires, they were afraid of being cheated in a garage. We listen to their needs. "

According to the advertising agency behind the concept, the firm Everell some women "better understanding" with someone of the same sex.

"The counselors are there for the clients understand and feel comfortable asking questions," said spokeswoman Marie-Claude Jacques.

"It's always disappointing that we choose to attract women by stereotypes," retorted Chantal Locat, the Coalition against sexist advertising.

"It may be chargeable. But personally, I do not give taste to use the service. "

Source:
http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2012/1 ... les-femmes
Vote C'Nutz for President of the Republic of BC May 14th!
Sn0man
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Auto Body Shop for Woman: Deemed Shocking

Post by Sn0man »

ha!! ha!!!!!!!!

Brilliant.
Sunshine tax rebate recipient
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Works for me.

I think he has a winner of an idea.

The "feministas" can go stuff their radicalism.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Don't you have any English language newspapers out there in Que? Whatever translation program you are using really sucks. I'm better off to read the French version than I am to struggle through the English translation you're giving us. LOL
__________________________________________________________________________________________

French Castanut
Lord of the Board

Post by French Castanut »

grammafreddy wrote:Don't you have any English language newspapers out there in Que? Whatever translation program you are using really sucks. I'm better off to read the French version than I am to struggle through the English translation you're giving us. LOL

It's google translator. I try to provide an English news whenever I can, but most of the time, they only exist in Molière's tongue.
Vote C'Nutz for President of the Republic of BC May 14th!
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Yeah, well, Jean-Baptiste needs a new translator program :D

Amarow121
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Amarow121 »

Why would it be more difficult for women than for men? What if men are intimidated by purchasing tires? Is there not some way this business can offer a service for BOTH GENDERS that helps those who are nervous about buying tires or having car maintenance done?If believing that men and women are equals, in their strengths and faults makes me a "radical feminista" so be it. I think it's just as likely that there are men who are nervous about car maintenance and upkeep and who might also benefit from personalized treatment. The way this business has gone about helping it's nervous clients is unfortunate. Were I to go for car maintenance or to purchase tires, I don't think I would go to this business. I would be concerned that when they noticed I was female, they'd ship me off to the "pink" side of the business. I may be female, but that doesn't mean I'm clueless, it doesn't mean I'm not knowledgeable about vehicles. Equally how intimidating as a nervous man to be expected to be confident and knowledgable just because of your sex.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

From what I understand, this business does offer service to both men and women. All he is doing is making a more "female friendly" atmosphere that caters to women who feel intimidated in what is traditionally a man's world. I don't get the impression women HAVE to use the new service - just that it is available if they want it. Its called "smart marketing" in my world. Would I personally use this "pink service"? Probably not, because I like to get greasy and poke around under the hood and mechanical stuff doesn't intimidate me - even if I don't know what I am doing under there. But some ladies just like "bling" and feeling special, I guess, and he is capitalizing on that.

Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

French Castanut wrote:
grammafreddy wrote:Don't you have any English language newspapers out there in Que? Whatever translation program you are using really sucks. I'm better off to read the French version than I am to struggle through the English translation you're giving us. LOL

It's google translator. I try to provide an English news whenever I can, but most of the time, they only exist in Molière's tongue.

Easy solution, try the BC news. Don't much care what's happening back east and don't think they much care what's going on out here.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
GoStumpy
Lord of the Board

Post by GoStumpy »

Looks like a great marketing idea to me, what the heck could the problem be? They're not getting grease on their pants when they sit down????
Disclaimer: My posts may contain honesty. May not be suitable for all audiences.
blackpowder

Post by blackpowder »

If women feel more comfortable with that service, allow them to use it. It's up to the owner to decide what's profitable.

Return to “Canada”