Any good online movie sites?

Computer questions/solutions, technology news, science topics.
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Any good online movie sites?

Post by binky11 »

I am looking for a good site to watch online movies. I am now using a site called "graboid" which was not too bad, but I have exausted their library lol I do not mind paying for a good site, but there is so many out there, how does one know if they are legit and have a good selection and are available in Canada? I was seriously thinking about one called movie25.com as they have a fantastic collection of movies, however, there is no contact number or email addy and I need questions answered before I will sign up. I know there are quite a few free on youtube, but like I say, I would rather pay for a good site and have unlimited access. Some sites you cannot view their movies until you sign up and pay, well I don't want to pay for something I don't know what I am getting. I don't hear good things about netflix. Anybody have any idea's??? I prefer the streaming option to downloading, but if I have to d/l, I guess thats ok.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Re: Any good online movie sites?????

Post by Captain Awesome »

I like Netflix.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by binky11 »

Well if netflix.ca had the selection that netflix.com had, I might consider it. Also, I like to be able to browse ALL their movies to see what kind of selection they have before I pay, you can go to browse movies, but for example I went under drama and it shows you only one page of movies, like 12 of them. I don't see anywhere that you can browse all their movies. I have watched soooooooo many from graboid, I want to be sure they have some different movies. It does say you get one month free trial, but can you cancel after the free month if you are not happy with their selection, I heard that they automatically will bill you after that free month. Would you mind telling me what netflix.ca costs for unlimited per month?
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

binky11 wrote: Would you mind telling me what netflix.ca costs for unlimited per month?

$7.95
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
coffeeFreak
Guru

Post by coffeeFreak »

Captain Awesome wrote:
binky11 wrote: Would you mind telling me what netflix.ca costs for unlimited per month?

$7.95

Also, I believe up to four people can be logged in on the same account at the same time...
SurplusElect
Übergod

Post by SurplusElect »

Project Free TV has quite a few movies available to stream - for free as the name implies.
Scadam
Übergod

Post by Scadam »

I just got onto Netflix and I'm pretty impressed. I'm still on my free month but intend to stay subscribed. From what I understood they will begin the billing automatically, but I'm not sure how narrow that cancellation window would be to not risk your 8 bucks. I'd say it's worth the risk to check it out :p

The layout and usability of Netflix is very good. Every movie and even tv episode has a description, and it remembers what you've watched and where you are in each movie/episode. As far as selection the Canada version is more than enough to make it worth the money, I was thinking it will take a year or two to get through the content I was interested in. TV Series are my favourite and there are plenty. If that's not enough it's fairly simple to get access to the US netflix, which bumps up your selection from 2,000 to 14,000 titles. I signed up for a free trial (no credit card required) of a dns forwarding service and it works fine, been watching US netflix for a week now. I think it's 4 bucks a month if I subscribe, which I probably will.

You can stream to two devices at once.
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

I have seen some good things on Channel 131. They have movies and tv shows.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

coffeeFreak wrote:Also, I believe up to four people can be logged in on the same account at the same time...

Yup, doesn't even have to be from the same household - my mom uses our Netflix account from Vancouver.
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by binky11 »

I watched that video on how to get usa netflix movies, I think it may be over my head LOL I just wish I could view their movies before I have to make a commitment. Graboid, which I am using now, has a huge selection, but being a homebody on disability, I try to stay active during the day but I watch on average 2 movies a night, that adds up. I love the streaming idea though, I have to d/l from graboid, and I pay $19.99 a month, but have watched over 200 movies, so have got my money's worth LOL The price is right, I just need to know their selection or else know I can cancel after the first month if they are not willing to show me what they have. Maybe I will give it a try.
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Logitack »

that movie25.com site has contact info, after you select the movie you want to watch...

to download a movie the pages goes to this https://en.usenet.nl/registration/

with prices of € 8.33 to €11.99 per month ( i assume that is euro dollars?)

and to watch the stream goes to https://www.itshd.com/signup?sf=blue_newjs&ref=6858

with a toll free number 877-801-9065

how current are the movies at the graboid....out of curiosity?
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

Logitack wrote:how current are the movies at the graboid....out of curiosity?

I use graboid as well. I pay the 4.99 monthly fee. I use it to get a lot of TV shows that are only on subscription channels with shaw. (SOA, Justified etc...)
Lots of movies are brand new (some in theatre) but are really bad quality. Better off waiting a few weeks.

I use nextflix, but the US version. Way better than Canada.
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by binky11 »

I use graboid as well. I pay the 4.99 monthly fee.

Hey how come you pay $4.99 a month and I pay $19.99? Hmmmmm.

Logitack, thanks for that info :) The movies at graboid are quite current! You can also get many oldies too, I sure cannot complain about selection. However I rarely found movies by going through their list. I would go movie sites and pick out good sounding movies and then check to see if graboid had it. In fact thier selection was probably what I liked the most from graboid. When you bring it up, after logging in, and click on todays most popular, it gives you about 3 pages of the new movies added that day. However, there are many repeats. There can be 12 d/ls for the same movie, some higher quality and most movies run between 1000 mb's and 4000 mb's, this is why I prefer streaming option. It can take up to an hr to d/l a large movie and you can usually choose HD or not, of course they are even larger in size. They also have almost all tv shows!

I watched that video again about how to get usa movies from netflix as it was awhile ago I saw it, it really doesn't look that complicated really. When my graboid account runs out after this month I guess I might consider netflix, it is cheap enough to try.

Return to “Computers, Science, Technology”