Rutland Centennial Park

helebob

Rutland Centennial Park

Post by helebob »

I just wanted to express an opinion. I took my small dog through the park to get to the other side, and got verbally insulted by the caretaker there. I had my small dog on a leash, as he did his business. I did pick it up and put in the garbage. The so called caretaker drove his big red truck out on the grass to inform me this is not a dog park. No politeness I might add. Just because there is some inconsiderate people in this world, it does not mean we are all like this. He could approach it better. he is rude. I did have my small dog on a leash. I never complained until now about how his dogs in the small area, use to jump at the fence barking, scaring my small grand children. Not to mention when I go through there, I pick up garbage, needles etc, that are constantly in the grass. his area is always extremely messy, and unkept. I no longer take my grand kids to that park, nor do my neighbours or my children. You would think he should care about the park and the home he is living in...take a look, it looks like a rundown building. trucks, equipment all over. Not a safe place. So mr " not so care" taker. Get a personality, and realize that there is a lot of nice caring people out there that should be treated with a little more respect!!
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Rutland Centennial Park

Post by Bsuds »

Maybe contact the City Parks dept and voice your concerns. If they don't know about it they can't fix it.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

It has nothing to do with the city. The park is owned by the Rutland Park Society. Send them an email at [email protected]
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

there r alot of ppl who no longer use the parks because of stupid rules like this . cant have a beer on the beach . cant smoke a ciggerrette under a shade tree at city park . cant have a dog .. its gone way too far . sorry to hear some *bleep* on a power trip ruined your walk
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

grammafreddy wrote:It has nothing to do with the city. The park is owned by the Rutland Park Society. Send them an email at [email protected]

Your absolutely right Grammafreddy! Lots of people don't know that it's a privately run park that was dedicated to the people of Rutland. The caretaker there, has had many, many run ins with people. He has done some pretty silly things since he started a few years back. The Society isn't very people friendly since Grant left.
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

helebob wrote:I just wanted to express an opinion. I took my small dog through the park to get to the other side, and got verbally insulted by the caretaker there. I had my small dog on a leash, as he did his business. I did pick it up and put in the garbage. The so called caretaker drove his big red truck out on the grass to inform me this is not a dog park. No politeness I might add. Just because there is some inconsiderate people in this world, it does not mean we are all like this. He could approach it better. he is rude. I did have my small dog on a leash. I never complained until now about how his dogs in the small area, use to jump at the fence barking, scaring my small grand children. Not to mention when I go through there, I pick up garbage, needles etc, that are constantly in the grass. his area is always extremely messy, and unkept. I no longer take my grand kids to that park, nor do my neighbours or my children. You would think he should care about the park and the home he is living in...take a look, it looks like a rundown building. trucks, equipment all over. Not a safe place. So mr " not so care" taker. Get a personality, and realize that there is a lot of nice caring people out there that should be treated with a little more respect!!

You are right on about the Park. People don't use it much anymore. (Only when there are is attractions going on in the park.) People have quit going to the Park because of the hassles one get's from the caretaker. There use to be lots of baseball, ball hockey, lacrosse, families using the park. You don't see them anymore.
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

averagejoe wrote: Lots of people don't know that it's a privately run park that was dedicated to the people of Rutland. The caretaker there, has had many, many run ins with people. He has done some pretty silly things since he started a few years back. The Society isn't very people friendly since Grant left.

Who is Grant?
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

grammafreddy wrote:
averagejoe wrote: Lots of people don't know that it's a privately run park that was dedicated to the people of Rutland. The caretaker there, has had many, many run ins with people. He has done some pretty silly things since he started a few years back. The Society isn't very people friendly since Grant left.

Who is Grant?

Grant Spedersfield? (Spelling) He was the President for many years. I worked the parade with him for a lot of years. He has passed on.

gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

My question would be: Is it a NO DOGS PERMITTED park?
If so, why was the woman in the park with her dog?
It makes no difference whether she thinks she was considerate because she picked up after the dog.
If the dog was not supposed to be there to begin with, she was in the wrong.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

I dont know the caretaker there so cant comment either way but GG is right, a "No dogs" park is just that and its probably not because of the you, the OP here, its because of the rude ones who the caretaker might have dealt with in the past leaving their dog's poop there and the caretaker having to pick it up.
I have seen some pretty nice parks fulla dog poop. The worst thing is walking on the grass and finding your shoes fulla poop. Thats why the doggie parks, even tho you are supposed to pick it up, at least poop can be expected there just because even at doggie parks, people are jerks and dont care about others.
Could be the caretaker saw you pick it up but figured when he is not there you'd be the stinker who didnt cos he wasnt looking at those other times.
And, he likely saw you pick it up,,, but if he saw that and even knew you would, still, letting you walk your dog there allows the stinkers who dont bother to pick it up as well.
♥ You and 98 other users LIKE this post
diggerdick
Board Meister

Post by diggerdick »

You see people in the park with their dogs on leash during the Sunday flea markets quite often. And he does nothing about it As he runs around Collecting money from the people at the tables.
THINK for yourself - Dont be lead-
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

diggerdick wrote:You see people in the park with their dogs on leash during the Sunday flea markets quite often. And he does nothing about it As he runs around Collecting money from the people at the tables.

On the grass?
diggerdick
Board Meister

Post by diggerdick »

Quite often the overflow at the flea market means that there's tables are put out in the grass. And people walk their dogs on leash Looking at the tables.
THINK for yourself - Dont be lead-
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

I dont get why people would bring their dogs to a community sale anyway, and quite possibly the caretaker dont bother with it because people are too stupid anyway on Sundays :dyinglaughing:
crate

Post by crate »

What people have to remember is that there is alot of problems in that park...maybe he just had to deal with somebody eles that was ignorant,,The park is alot cleaner then before.my grandma wouldnt walk thru there and now she feels safe enough to do so.All the time the caretakers have to deal with people doing wrong in the park,eg, going to the washroom in hallway (beside daycare) drug dealers thinking they own the place,it is a constant battle.Remember there is a daycare there ,they dont need to deal with people and thier dogs crappin all over the area.I f it was me i would be fed up aswell.Not all people are considerate remember that.

Return to “Central Okanagan”