BlackBerry maker CEOs step down as pressure mounts

zyzzx
Fledgling

Re: BlackBerry maker CEOs step down as pressure mounts

Post by zyzzx »

Static wrote:Hey XXYZ, are you going to explain what you were jabbering about in your last post?

Would it make you happy if I did?
Doing drugs supports crime. Are you happy that you support crime? Just think how much society would save if you didn't support the criminals that are producing drugs. Medicinal? Good on you! That is why the Doctor gave you a prescription.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

xxyz: It would make me very happy.

The U.S. gave BB10 security clearance. RIM should trade up today (unless there is another broad market sell-off).
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

Static wrote:xxyz: It would make me very happy.

The U.S. gave BB10 security clearance. RIM should trade up today (unless there is another broad market sell-off).

Oh well, you were able to pick a multi day low point for your trade up day.
You and 71 others Like this post
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

RIM is approaching $10. :sillygrin:
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Static wrote:RIM is approaching $10. :sillygrin:

Dead cat bounce :clueless:
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

Doubt it. If the market as a whole takes a hit maybe, but it is going to $40 within 12 months.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

I wonder why Homeowner the Financial Professional is quite on this thread. :137: Xxxyz , I am still waiting for your explanation on RIMs return on capital. :9923:
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

twobits wrote:
Static wrote:RIM is approaching $10. :sillygrin:

Dead cat bounce :clueless:

Three basic rules in selecting a financial advisor:

1. Never invest with someone who advises investing in just one type of stock (such as dividend paying) and ignores the most basic rule in diversifying to mitigate risk,
2. never invest with someone who becomes emotionally invested with or “chases” stocks (eg. RIM), and
3. never invest with someone who still pays rent
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

1. Dividends are paid from profits (perhaps the most important thing to look for in a stock). Because of this, investors realize a divided tax credit. If one has no other income, you can earn over $50,000 annually without paying a cent in tax. One can diversify by assets, however, you have to be dumb to invest in fixed income investments( and real-estate) today. Therefore diversification can easily be implemented by investing in shares in different industries. Ask the worlds most successful investor and they will say dividend investing is the road to building wealth.
2. Agreed. However, I am not emotionally tied to any stock. It is profit I am attracted to. RIM is undervalued and the markets are stating to realize this. Too bad you cannot see it. Don't worry, I would never expect you too since you clearly are unable to understand basic math or read financial statements.
3. As stated above, your lack of math skills makes you unable to realize that renting makes far more financial sense than buying at this point makes me question why I am even debating with someone who is financially illiterate. I guess this thread attracts these people. :sillygrin:
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

And static is still at least $10/share under his average. Am glad to see it going up. Will make shorting it even more profitable when bb10 is released and the "disappointing sales" phrase hits the papers.
Price is going to hit a wall when the millions of buy ins at 8-12 start taking their profits off the table. That wall will be the short position point. Might be wrong, have been before, but a small play of 2000 shares looks worthwhile.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

i dont know about the poor sales part . lots of ppl r fed up with i phones i have had one black berry in the time alot of my buddies have gone thru 3 i phones . ill be buying a bb10 i know a few others who will as well .
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

You are dreaming, but I challenge you to short it. Based on current financials it is a $40 stock which means I will double my money since my average cost is $18, not $22. The subscriber base is growing and their losses have been predominately paper losses (goodwill and inventory write downs) which should be much lower this quarter. If it was cash losses I would be worried, but since they are banking $100M ever quarter provides ample proof that the company is not in trouble. Furthermore, there has been increasing insider buying since October and the BB10 is getting very good reviews.

What is your interpretation of the financials or are you a typical sheep and basing your baseless belief on Bay Street analysts ?
Time will prove you wrong.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

http://news.morningstar.com/articlenet/article.aspx?id=575544

Top 10 stocks of Money managers. Guess what tops the list? :sillygrin:
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

CIBC upgraded RIM 2 notches and doubled its price target... :sillygrin: