Sled dog slaughter sentence appalls B.C. SPCA

Roadster
Time waster at work

Re: Sled dog slaughter sentence appalls B.C. SPCA

Post by Roadster »

keith1612 wrote:What a joke,even though all of BC the courts included know this was a horrific crime committed by a man convicted roadster wants to absolve him.
He was convicted even if given a joke sentence.
Do you not have any care about his terrible disgusting actions?
Why do you want to absolve such filth of guilt?
All you keep trying to do is blame others for his low life action.
Man I can't believe how low people will sink to defend murderous slime.

You are not reading my posts then if thats all you got. I wont say again how angry I am about his actions, but I will say this once more, I dont care who you are, business or not, you dont get a dog or dogs unless you intend to ensure their care for their life time, even if it means you have to give them to a good home. Dogs are not equipment you place on a job site, they are living beings and your workers cant be left to fend for them when money is cut off for that. If he wasnt given the opportunity to care for them and give them away he was left to do what was left after he tried to fend for them, follow orders??? You can slam me all you like, I got big shoulders and the crap slides right off them. This isnt about me, its about the end of work for them dogs and what might not have been planned or didnt seem to happen for them.
Defend him? No, not at all, wonder why he was in this position? Yes,,, tell ya what,,, you show me evidence he killed someone's dogs without orders and I will understand your position. You show me that those dogs were gonna be cared for and I will understand your position, till then, he is a creep for doing it and someone else might be the reason them dogs were there to begin with. Not him, he was told he had to control and care for them, then he was told care was ended for them? If so we have a problem here.
I hope businesses have more loop holes to jump now to own dogs for gains, like showing where those dogs will be cared for after or properly retired and the companies should be held to that with huge fines that would cost them more then handling the dogs to their retirement.
This is whats wrong, dogs depend on us, if we want to have them we have to care for them.
♥ You and 98 other users LIKE this post
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by keith1612 »

Captain Awesome wrote:No such thing as "murdering" an animal...

Sorry I suppose to people who care less about animals and view them as worthless items they can own and toss away it's not murder.
To me the torture and killing of any life wrongly is murder.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

keith1612 wrote:

Sorry I suppose to people who care less about animals and view them as worthless items they can own and toss away it's not murder.
To me the torture and killing of any life wrongly is murder.

Then you would agree ending their funding for care while they are still on someone's property is wrong too then, right? I care about that. Dogs cant be left uncared for. Them dogs need grooming, cleaning up after, exercising and socializing.
If what he said did happen and it did go through court so could be he was telling the truth,,, then there was a problem long before they died.
♥ You and 98 other users LIKE this post
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

True, but if you repeat a lie long enough and often enough, people (including the story teller) will start believing it. Same goes with the lie that the guy was torturing the animals.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

This whole thing is being painted as a company that had no money, times were hard, blah, blah, blah ...

I am gonna puke.

This is who owns the company that owned those dogs ...

Outdoor Adventures is owned by 29-year-old Joey Houssian, whom Pique Magazine identifies as the son of Intrawest scion Joe Houssian.

Unfortunately the link to the Vancouver Sun article is now broken
http://www.vancouversun.com/news/sled+d ... z1CfKS4IPC
but you can find the article here in the comments: http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/sled-dogs? ... 1299005034

This is the owner's daddy ...

http://www.intracorpcapital.com/houssian.shtml

Joe Houssian, Chairman, Intracorp Group of Companies

Joe Houssian Photo

Joe Houssian is a successful BC businessman and founder and former CEO of Intrawest Corporation – an international resort and real estate development company responsible for the success of Whistler/Blackcomb Mountain as well as dozens of award-winning golf courses, villages and developments around the world. Intrawest was sold in 2006 for $2.7 billion dollars.

Joe founded Intracorp in 1994. Intracorp is an urban real estate developer currently operating in seven North American cities.

Joe formed Elemental Energy in early 2008 and is currently the director of several energy companies including Naikun Wind and GreenWing Energy and he is a former director of BC Hydro.

Joe has holdings in various businesses including construction services, aircraft supply and the service industry. Joe holds a Master’s Degree in business and is a member of various clubs and associations and is the recipient of various awards.

And what happened to the rest of the dogs AFTER Mr Fawcett did their dirty work for them?

http://www.whistlerquestion.com/article ... al-cruelty

In December, Joey Houssian, whose Outdoor Adventures Whistler was Howling Dog's parent company, transferred the remaining dogs and other assets to the newly formed Sled Dog Foundation.

I am so spittingly furious. Daddy will protect his kid and there will be nothing done about charging the owner.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
simnut
Übergod

Post by simnut »

Whether we like it or not, "culling" you own animals is NOT illegal...if done humanely!!! I'm not saying I LIKE what was "ordered"....and how nine of the dogs died (which is what Fawcett was sentenced on), but the culling is not illegal. I only wish that authorities would have stepped in much sooner and moved the dogs to other "mushers" so they could keep on doing what they loved to do. I don't think that they would have found enough homes to adopt these animals as their lifestyle is not conducive to being family pets.
Don't you just love "discussing" with a stubborn Dutchman?
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by keith1612 »

grammafreddy wrote:This whole thing is being painted as a company that had no money, times were hard, blah, blah, blah ...

I am gonna puke.

This is who owns the company that owned those dogs ...

Outdoor Adventures is owned by 29-year-old Joey Houssian, whom Pique Magazine identifies as the son of Intrawest scion Joe Houssian.

Unfortunately the link to the Vancouver Sun article is now broken
http://www.vancouversun.com/news/sled+d ... z1CfKS4IPC
but you can find the article here in the comments: http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/sled-dogs? ... 1299005034

This is the owner's daddy ...

http://www.intracorpcapital.com/houssian.shtml

Joe Houssian, Chairman, Intracorp Group of Companies

Joe Houssian Photo

Joe Houssian is a successful BC businessman and founder and former CEO of Intrawest Corporation – an international resort and real estate development company responsible for the success of Whistler/Blackcomb Mountain as well as dozens of award-winning golf courses, villages and developments around the world. Intrawest was sold in 2006 for $2.7 billion dollars.

Joe founded Intracorp in 1994. Intracorp is an urban real estate developer currently operating in seven North American cities.

Joe formed Elemental Energy in early 2008 and is currently the director of several energy companies including Naikun Wind and GreenWing Energy and he is a former director of BC Hydro.

Joe has holdings in various businesses including construction services, aircraft supply and the service industry. Joe holds a Master’s Degree in business and is a member of various clubs and associations and is the recipient of various awards.

And what happened to the rest of the dogs AFTER Mr Fawcett did their dirty work for them?

http://www.whistlerquestion.com/article ... al-cruelty

In December, Joey Houssian, whose Outdoor Adventures Whistler was Howling Dog's parent company, transferred the remaining dogs and other assets to the newly formed Sled Dog Foundation.

I am so spittingly furious. Daddy will protect his kid and there will be nothing done about charging the owner.

and this guy couldnt afford to feed the dogs????
more lies i would say
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

keith1612 wrote:and this guy couldnt afford to feed the dogs????
more lies i would say

Are you finally realizing that Fawcett had only a bit part in this tragedy. Your venom should be directed at the owners not Fawcett, and to the SPCA for 1) not following up as was intended and 2) proceeding to spend a 1/4 million better spent elsewhere dollars on a smear and deflection campaign.
The SPCA has forever lost funding from me over this debacle. As a pet lover, I have been a generous contributor over the years as well. Instead I will focus those funds on local rescue groups and animal rehab facilites.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by keith1612 »

twobits wrote:[

Are you finally realizing that Fawcett had only a bit part in this tragedy. Your venom should be directed at the owners not Fawcett, and to the SPCA for 1) not following up as was intended and 2) proceeding to spend a 1/4 million better spent elsewhere dollars on a smear and deflection campaign.
The SPCA has forever lost funding from me over this debacle. As a pet lover, I have been a generous contributor over the years as well. Instead I will focus those funds on local rescue groups and animal rehab facilites.

Fawcett had the biggest part in this and should have recieved a 5 year jail sentence.
yes the rich owners had a small part in it but they didnt hold a gun to Fawcett's head as he cruelly slaughtered fully healthy dogs.
the owners should be banned from owning any animals themselves or a company they own for life.
if i tell you to commit a crime that doesnt make me quilty and you innocent.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Well, this thread is going nowhere fast. No matter how much is given to provide information, keith will discount it and continue to spew venom all over his monitor and keyboard. Soooo .... here's a roll of paper towels, keith. Don't forget to mop yer chin.

Am done here and will request a lock on the thread.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Jo
Slot 16

Post by Jo »

The thread is going to stay open. Anybody who is sick of it should stop reading it. To people who still want to participate, keep it on topic and don't veer into personal attacks.
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by keith1612 »

grammafreddy wrote:Well, this thread is going nowhere fast. No matter how much is given to provide information, keith will discount it and continue to spew venom all over his monitor and keyboard. Soooo .... here's a roll of paper towels, keith. Don't forget to mop yer chin.

Am done here and will request a lock on the thread.

i will admit i take this very serious and do look one sided a bit.
the shame in the end is nobody really was punished.
there is many questions not answered and never will be.
i think the company and employee both are hiding true answers.
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by keith1612 »

looks like a trend for BC judges.
animal abuse is basically ignored over and over.

http://news.ca.msn.com/local/britishcol ... -probation
A 22-year-old B.C. woman who admitted to taking delight in killing animals and fantasizing about shooting homeless people is set to be released on probation with strict conditions.

One psychologist who spoke with Kayla Bourque ahead of her sentencing Wednesday in Vancouver Provincial Court testified she will likely require supervision for the rest of her life.

Other doctors described her as a sexual sadist and narcissist with anti-social personality disorder and sociopathic tendencies.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

keith1612 wrote:looks like a trend for BC judges.
animal abuse is basically ignored over and over.

http://news.ca.msn.com/local/britishcol ... -probation
A 22-year-old B.C. woman who admitted to taking delight in killing animals and fantasizing about shooting homeless people is set to be released on probation with strict conditions.

One psychologist who spoke with Kayla Bourque ahead of her sentencing Wednesday in Vancouver Provincial Court testified she will likely require supervision for the rest of her life.

Other doctors described her as a sexual sadist and narcissist with anti-social personality disorder and sociopathic tendencies.

Keith, I understand your passion but there are zero similarities between these two cases and these two defendants. One is a sadist who openly admits to enjoying the torture of animals, the other was traumatized over what he did. Big difference. One wishes they could bring the animals back, the other would too just to do it again. Big difference.

I think he got an appropriate sentance. That whacko chick should be found a danger to society and locked up for good. I have a sense that we will be reading about her in the future and it won't be about killing animals.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
keith1612
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by keith1612 »

twobits wrote:
Keith, I understand your passion but there are zero similarities between these two cases and these two defendants. One is a sadist who openly admits to enjoying the torture of animals, the other was traumatized over what he did. Big difference. One wishes they could bring the animals back, the other would too just to do it again. Big difference.

I think he got an appropriate sentance. That whacko chick should be found a danger to society and locked up for good. I have a sense that we will be reading about her in the future and it won't be about killing animals.

i think considering both were proven animal abuse cases by cruel people with no care for animals that were both given a light slap on the wrist they are similar.
the point i think to the thread is people who do obvious harm to animals for no reason are not taken serious by people or the courts.
traumatized by what he did?
thats a joke
if he had any decent human feelings he would have stopped far before he slaughtered 50 healthy animals.
they both deserved and should have recieved prison terms and life bans from owning and being around ANY animals.
its time for the Canadian government to step up and start protecting any living thing that cant protect itself from these animals.

Return to “B.C.”