Sun coach

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
knowledgeisking

Sun coach

Post by knowledgeisking »

Any word on when they hire?
I'm smarter than you, I'm better looking than you and I probably have way more friends than you. I'm definintely taller than you. Sorry if this makes you uncomfortable.
blondewithbrains
Board Meister

Re: Sun coach

Post by blondewithbrains »

Havent heard a word on the coaching situation at all...I would assume from past experience they would like him in place at least a couple of months prior to spring camp so he can connect with the returning players and see what he has to work with...
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance -- it is the illusion of knowledge.
knowledgeisking

blondewithbrains wrote:Havent heard a word on the coaching situation at all...I would assume from past experience they would like him in place at least a couple of months prior to spring camp so he can connect with the returning players and see what he has to work with...

Wonder of they get it right this time or another train wreck? I didnt make a game last season but watching the scores from the coast was shocked to see how far the team has fallen. They havent had a real good coach since Lawrence Nagy. His kid is on the staff, is he up to the challenge?
I'm smarter than you, I'm better looking than you and I probably have way more friends than you. I'm definintely taller than you. Sorry if this makes you uncomfortable.
blondewithbrains
Board Meister

My son is a past player and its been a roller coaster ride for the last 5 yrs for sure, but that being said there have been good coaches who werent given the opportunity to prove themselves solidly. Jay was a good coach, getting the team to the Canadian Bowl a few times and some wins for the Canadian championship, but it was time for a change. Pete McCall was a very good coach as well and the boys really respected him which had the team playing for him like they should have been...Jason Casey would have shown that he was moving the team in the right direction this year if he had stayed here to coach...that being said, the only one who hasnt been successful was Gavin Lake and I feel that he came into the team with an idea to put his mark on a historied team and it didnt fly with alot of the coaches and players and it showed in their performance on the field. Gavin came in late which probably didnt help matters but you have to have your team behind you not talking behind your back...All I hope is this year that the Sun executive take their time and really look for a coach who is willing to spend the time with this team for years to come, someone who knows the history and wants to make more successful seasons for them!
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance -- it is the illusion of knowledge.
knowledgeisking

blondewithbrains wrote:My son is a past player and its been a roller coaster ride for the last 5 yrs for sure, but that being said there have been good coaches who werent given the opportunity to prove themselves solidly. Jay was a good coach, getting the team to the Canadian Bowl a few times and some wins for the Canadian championship, but it was time for a change. Pete McCall was a very good coach as well and the boys really respected him which had the team playing for him like they should have been...Jason Casey would have shown that he was moving the team in the right direction this year if he had stayed here to coach...that being said, the only one who hasnt been successful was Gavin Lake and I feel that he came into the team with an idea to put his mark on a historied team and it didnt fly with alot of the coaches and players and it showed in their performance on the field. Gavin came in late which probably didnt help matters but you have to have your team behind you not talking behind your back...All I hope is this year that the Sun executive take their time and really look for a coach who is willing to spend the time with this team for years to come, someone who knows the history and wants to make more successful seasons for them!

Who is your son? 5 years so is he done or still playing next year? What is the talent pool looking like for the season?

I said that I didn't make it to games last year but have been told that the coach was a pencil pusher and good organizer but thats it. Casey, well I saw every game at home and one on the roadand that bench was pretty out of control most of the time and that starts with the coach. McCall from what I understand was not respected by his assistants. Last to get to practice and first to cut out after practice despite being the only paid guy. Ask the local high school coaches what they think of of his methods. He rides his best pony as far as he can cause that's all he knows how to do. Christensen's offense was fly by the seat of your pants without any scheming. Makes for excitement but you don't win playoff games that way.

Whether they get someone from within or outside it should be someone who knows how to lead in all areas.
blondewithbrains
Board Meister

I am interested in who your sources are who are giving you this info if you havent been here to take in any games this last season...All I said is that my son is a past player and that the last 5 years have been a roller coaster ride...that doesnt imply anything as to when he played...I get info from my son who stays connected with the team...Cam Bedore will be a good QB, needs experience and time to get his game going and also a solid O line which they certainly didnt have this year but I am sure that he will show his stuff with some adjustments in front of him...Alex Bradley should be one of the top RB's in the league if they give him the opportunity to shine...not sure who will all come back next year as so many of the boys were on the fence due to Coach Lakes coaching style, but if most of these boys stay together they will start to click and it should be a good thing for the team with the cohesion of the players and they will know what each of them are capable of and move forward together confidently..

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”