Traffic accidents

Home of the traffic rant.
blueboy

Traffic accidents

Post by blueboy »

The other day I drove by the five car pileup on Hwy 97 and Spall. What is wrong with people who speed and run red lights? The driving habits of a lot of people in this city are atrocious. Have they been properly trained in driver training school? Do they know the rules of the road? It certainly doesn't appear so. Every day I travel in this city it is an adventure in defensive driving if you want to return home in one piece. Guaranteed you will witness several instances of careless driving, running red lights, no signals before changing lanes etc. etc. I think you get my drift. I see we are increasing the number of officers on staff in the RCMP. I hope most of them are assigned to traffic. by the way after passing the wreck on hwy 97 i had to wait at the next set of lights while 3 vehicles ran the red light. I guess they were in a hurry. Bring in photo radar and stop the carnage!
Relentless
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Traffic accidents

Post by Relentless »

This is nothing new for Kelowna, people are in a super rush to get no where!
Aggressive distracted driving, and the need to show off is the norm here.
Yes, Traffic cameras need to be installed and used everywhere in BC, far too many "CrackerJack" drivers around.
netfreak
Übergod

Re: Traffic accidents

Post by netfreak »

Reids corner is pretty bad and I can understand why so many people run the red, but seriously if I'm in the left turn lane going from 97 onto sexsmith I'm usually waiting for 2-3 red light runners to blast through.

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”