Public fed up with cell phone contracts

Roadster
Time waster at work

Public fed up with cell phone contracts

Post by Roadster »

Ya mean it? Really? Bout time we spoke up, I have been telling them for years, if they provided good service instead they wouldnt have to trap their customers.

Their response was "all companies do it" my response was "and you dont want to be the first to provide good service instead" :dyinglaughing:
♥ You and 98 other users LIKE this post
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Public fed up with cell phone contracts

Post by Dizzy1 »

The public has been telling them this for years lol! But then again, everyone wants a free phone so they buy into these ridiculous contracts.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

You give a customer a free phone without a contract and treat em right, they will never leave you. Its about their fear someone will find a better price, so,,, keep those prices up to date, stay competetive and customers have no reason to leave. Thats why three years, they gotcha, you cant leave for a bteer price unless you pay them a penalty. When should a supplier hit their own customers with a penalty for shopping? Its not right.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Not a problem. Pay cash for the phone and then no contract. Give me crappy service and I go elsewhere.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
albertabound
Board Meister

Post by albertabound »

removed - Jennylives
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Bsuds wrote:Not a problem. Pay cash for the phone and then no contract. Give me crappy service and I go elsewhere.

If the phone you buy is competitively priced- but in many cases you already prepay a 3 year contract when you buy the phone- ya just can't win lol
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

Bsuds wrote:Not a problem. Pay cash for the phone and then no contract. Give me crappy service and I go elsewhere.

That is where I am at now with Bell, they wanted me to take a new phone for three years or use my old one month to month because my plan has ran out,,, problem is I opted for some internet, bill was supposed to be 60 bucks and is coming in at 77 bucks now, before all taxes and extras they add on.
Have to phone them on Monday, make some threats and see if it will get down below the original agreed price,,, scammer they are,,,
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

I have a cell phone, paid about $100 for it and my cell "service" costs me $100 a year. Not a bad deal.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

Who ya with granny?
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Nobody is forcing anybody into signing a contract.

Mindless lemmings sign into one to get the best new thing - iPhone 7 or Samsung whatever. They drool over them, picture impressing all their friends, and hugging it when going to bed. But give it a few months and another iPhone is out there and they're not happy that they can't just walk away from it. Of course, they can't even figure out that the phone costs way more than $50 they paid for it, and the cost of it is actually built into a contact, hence not being able to walk away from until the cost is recouped.

But no, the mindless corporation like Telus or Bell is the one to blame for crappy contracts.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Roadster wrote:Who ya with granny?

I have this ... (scroll down)

samsung_m540_pp.jpg

And I have Telus Pay N Talk ... $100 a year and if I renew before the year is up my unused bucks roll over to the new year. I usually roll over about half - so about $50 worth of time.

Mind you, I don't text or surf or anything like that. I only turn it on when I want to make a call. I have a computer at home that works for cheaper than a cell phone does for surfing and I just never found the need for texting or tweeting or that kind of thing. I never felt the need to live in someone else's pocket and nobody needs to know what I am doing 24/7/365 anyway.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I thought you were still using one of these GF.

My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

That was last year, Sudsy. They made me turn it in - obsolete technology. :(

LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Roadster wrote:That is where I am at now with Bell, they wanted me to take a new phone for three years or use my old one month to month because my plan has ran out,,, problem is I opted for some internet, bill was supposed to be 60 bucks and is coming in at 77 bucks now, before all taxes and extras they add on.
Have to phone them on Monday, make some threats and see if it will get down below the original agreed price,,, scammer they are,,,

You should be able to do better than that. I'm with Bell, and a tightwad when it comes to coughing up money for a phone, and I'm paying seventy-eight bucks a month. That is with taxes in, favorite ten anywhere in Canada, two-hundred minutes, and I have insurance on the phone that alone costs seven bucks per month .
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

I broke free of contracts too. I used to be with Bell on a family plan. My phone stopped working properly one day and I took it to be fixed since I had purchased the extended warranty. They gave me a cheap loaner phone and sent it off. They said the sticker on the battery changed and they would not cover water damage. The phone had never been exposed to liquids but they didn't care. I sent it back two more times and asked if I just keep the old loaner phone as I just need to make emergency calls and text. They refused so we pulled our business. We are both on pay as you go Virgin phones now that work out to about $25 for unlimited texting and 50 minutes that never gets used. It is a much better deal. I still can't believe they would rather lose $1200 per year in business than give me a cheap phone my extended warranty would have covered in the first place. Their loss.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."

Return to “Canada”