No more Momma Shepenga's?

Meeko666
Fledgling

Re: No more Momma Shepenga's?

Post by Meeko666 »

WOW!! Went for dinner last night... food was delicious!!!! I felt they were small portions for the price but the flavours were well worth it. Family business and I hope they make it!! Very friendly, good service!!
DarrelGiesbrecht

Post by DarrelGiesbrecht »

the food is stellar............phoenix might want to get his but over there
Phoenix Within
Guru

Post by Phoenix Within »

Food tasted great, but I think it was overpriced for what you got.
So I love the Okanagan but it's a place best enjoyed from atop a very large pile of $100 bills. - Spocky
Deeoars
Fledgling

Post by Deeoars »

removed - Jennylives
metallica
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by metallica »

removed - Jennylives
Takin it easy !
Übergod

Post by Takin it easy ! »

removed - Jennylives
RVThereYet
Übergod

Post by RVThereYet »

We went for the first time to have dinner this weekend. The food was tasty, however slightly overpriced for what you get, but I think that's the case at many other establishments as well, and the service was very attentive but not to the point where you felt rushed when it came time for the bill. We very much like the fact that all fresh ingredients are sourced local (some exceptions apply, i.e. some meats). We will go back.
Phoenix Within
Guru

Post by Phoenix Within »

RVThereYet wrote:The food was tasty, however slightly overpriced for what you get, but I think that's the case at many other establishments as well,

I disagree. Routes has a unique intensity of flavours to their meal, but I've had just as good, with more portion size, for less at other places. One of them in Winfield too. A flavourful but small burger with a plate-load of fries is not worth $14 IMHO.
So I love the Okanagan but it's a place best enjoyed from atop a very large pile of $100 bills. - Spocky
musiclover
Fledgling

Post by musiclover »

I agree, the food is good but it is kind of pricey for what you get. DH would like it better if they had beer on tap (let me know if that changes, last time was just by the bottle). Nice for a change now and then but not quite in the 'go to place' category just yet.
metallica
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by metallica »

Come on Jenny, it was not a bad play on words, I thought. Talked to a friend today and yes, his comment was, great food, not alot of food and overpriced for what you got. But I hear the onion rings are yummie. :127: :127:
bigchef
Fledgling

Post by bigchef »

The food is not overpriced, people generally just have an incorrect perception of what their restaurant food should cost. If you say the food was excellent and the service was great, then you have no argument. Chain restaurants are the ones at fault for this of course. Take a burger for example. Go to Mc D's and get a combo for $9. Then go somewhere else and get a homemade burger with hand cut fries and a drink for probably $14. Is it only worth $9 because McD's only charges that? Of course not, that's just stupid, but the chains have trained most of us to think that way. If people want cheap, they can go buy cheap. But quality costs more, it's a fact and most people have no idea how much it costs to run a restaurant. Put it this way, the avg restaurant that is very well run will have a net profit of about 4%. OUCH!
Phoenix Within
Guru

Post by Phoenix Within »

No negative business reviews - Jennylives
bigchef
Fledgling

Post by bigchef »

Sorry, not invalid at all just because it doesn't apply to you personally. It does to many. I have run foodservice businesses for almost 30 years and actually know what I am talking about. I see these types of posts all the time from people who, although they have the right to their opinion, have opinions based on feelings rather than facts. But you are right in that I was comparing apples to oranges. However, the large majority of people don't understand the difference.
SmileyEyes

Post by SmileyEyes »

Hubby and I went for dinner two weeks ago and we had the BEST beef tenderloin ever! It was cooked to perfection and the grilled veggies were out of this world. Pricey? Yes, but you get what you pay for. I warned hubby to expect small portions and high prices before we went, a result of reading these posts, but we were both full and satisfied with the excellent food and wonderful service. The end total was less than we have spent going to the Keg and the meal was 10X better.
Jo
Slot 16

Post by Jo »

Is there any possible way to get you all to see what Jennylives keeps posting?

NO NEGATIVE REVIEWS

NO negative reviews

No NEGATIVE reviews

No negative REVIEWS

In other words. No negative reviews.

Return to “Central Okanagan”