Christmas light displays 2012

Kalvin K
Fledgling

Christmas light displays 2012

Post by Kalvin K »

Hi folks, was hoping people could report in with locations of some of the more elaborate christmas light displays in LC. My son LOVES to see the lights.

There is a house on Chase Road (sort of near Camp Road) with a beautiful display. We go and see it every year. The owner's name is Doug and he's a super nice guy. Got to briefly speak to his daughter last night although I didn't get a chance to get her name. You are encouraged to take a walk along the "Candy Cane Path" and he even collects donations for the SPCA.

Any other suggestions for places to check out? Thanks!
RVThereYet
Übergod

Re: Christmas light displays 2012

Post by RVThereYet »

Go north of there across Camp over to Davidson, cross Davidson at the 4 way and about a block and a half on your left the corner house at Bond and Finlay usually has a similar display to the one on Chase. Not sure if its up gain this year, haven't been by there yet. The on Chase is great, and the owner actually came out to give my little one a candy cane and to give her a tour of the display when we took her there few days ago. Merry Christmas!
RVThereYet
Übergod

Post by RVThereYet »

RVThereYet wrote:Go north of there across Camp over to Davidson, cross Davidson at the 4 way and about a block and a half on your left the corner house at Bond and Finlay usually has a similar display to the one on Chase. Not sure if its up gain this year, haven't been by there yet. The on Chase is great, and the owner actually came out to give my little one a candy cane and to give her a tour of the display when we took her there few days ago. Merry Christmas!

Yep , they are up now, just took a drive by a few minutes ago ...
Kalvin K
Fledgling

Post by Kalvin K »

RVThereYet wrote:Yep , they are up now, just took a drive by a few minutes ago ...

Thanks! We'll probably go take a look this weekend!
simplygolden

Post by simplygolden »

My parents have amazing lights. They go to the sound of music. You can tune your radio in so you can hear the music and watch the lights.

They love doing X-Mas lights and are always adding more

Lacombe Road (Rutland)
metallica
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by metallica »

Swiss Village on Hwy 97 N again has done a great job with the lights. Nice to see when you are going home after work. :sunshine:
Deeoars
Fledgling

Post by Deeoars »

Metallica don't you mean Pellmawash way,OK a bit early.
Kalvin K
Fledgling

Post by Kalvin K »

metallica wrote:Swiss Village on Hwy 97 N again has done a great job with the lights. Nice to see when you are going home after work. :sunshine:

I've been told about their display a couple of times. Is there a safe spot to pull over and let the kid out to look?

Thanks!
metallica
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by metallica »

Depending on where you are coming from. When I go to help with the Bunny Pens at this time of year, best to go to the turn at the old Okanagan Meats and come back towards Winfield. There is a road just North of Swiss Village that they use to enter which is part of their driveway. Bumpy entering so go slow, and lots of room to park and look. Very friendly people but lots of very friendly dogs also. Have fun, great people and enjoy. Merry Christmas!! :sunshine:
harvgar
Board Meister

Post by harvgar »

Meadowbrook, by Holiday Park, the road that is units 109 to 140, have some really nice lights..... enjoy!!!
metallica
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by metallica »

My Mother in Law lives on that street and yes it is always nice to drive in there and look at the lights.

Return to “Central Okanagan”