Cellphone - Annoying

A potpourri of off-topics.
French Castanut
Lord of the Board

Cellphone - Annoying

Post by French Castanut »

I've noticed (in the past years), that my cellphone is ALWAYS ringing when I'm either:

-In the shower
-Driving
-Doing the dishes and my hands are all wet
-Busy in the bathroom doing #1 or #2

I do these things just as normal but my cellphone will ring only when I'm not available doing these. Then people tell me: Huh, you have a cellphone but you don't pick it up!

Well, I don't pick it up because you called when I was...

Sometimes I just love it when the batterie goes down.... Peace for a couple hours! But then again, the batterie always goes down the only times I need to call out and I'm not home or don't have a power outlet available! Stupid cellphone.

And then, when calling somewhere because there's an error on a bill... after waiting for like 2 hours on the phone, when does the cellphone line have to disconnect as the agent pickup the call?

-Is there any moments you don't answer your cellphone?
-Do you feel like you always have to answer your cellphone?
-What do you think of people using their cellphone while eating at a restaurant? / On a date?
-Any awkwards moment on your cellphone?

Etc...

Vote C'Nutz for President of the Republic of BC May 14th!
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Re: Cellphone - Annoying

Post by grammafreddy »

Doesn't your cell phone have an "off" button? Do you know how to use it?
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
French Castanut
Lord of the Board

It does... but my main point is that it never rings when I'm available... but always when I'm doing #1 #2 #3 #4... 90% of the time it's when I'm in the shower.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

LOL

Geez, Frenchy ... do ya think you have a bunch of peeping toms? Yikes!!! I'd be concerned if you have callers who wait until you are in the shower ... how do they know that's where you are???!!! Double yikes!

:sunshine:
__________________________________________________________________________________________

French Castanut
Lord of the Board

lolllll

they watch me 24/7: www.frenchcastanut.nut
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

At its very heart, a telephone is a rude instrument. No matter what time of day, no matter what you are doing, there is an expectancy that you drop whatever you're doing immediately and get there within three or four rings. Back in the day of face-to-face communication that could have been called "interrupting". I have no problem at all ignoring a telephone if a call comes in when I'm busy. It doesn't bug me that it rings, it's like someone saying "Excuse me, can I have a moment?", but please don't take it personally if I don't answer, it's like me saying "I'll be with you in a bit."
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Link doesn't work. :(

WeatherWoman
Wicked Witch of the West Coast

Post by WeatherWoman »

sounds like having children and a husband and pets.
"It takes a village to raise a fool." ~ Dan Mangan
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I just call forward to FC's phone, then it doesn't disturb me. :dyinglaughing:
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

My cell phone ringer is off.
The landline has moved into the teen's hovel in the basement, and she too keeps the ringer off.

I can't stand public cell phone yakkers; they are rude and inconsiderate.

Down with the half-a-logue.

-Is there any moments you don't answer your cellphone? 89.95% of the time
-Do you feel like you always have to answer your cellphone? hell no!
-What do you think of people using their cellphone while eating at a restaurant? / On a date? antisocial people some people may have to look up the true definition of antisocial to understand that
-Any awkwards moment on your cellphone? nope
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

100% of the time. I only turn it on when I want to make a call out.

Nope

-What do you think of people using their cellphone while eating at a restaurant? / On a date?
Rude, rude, rude. If you can't focus your attention on the people you are with, why bother being with them? I can think of no better way to tell the person you are with that they are insignificant and unimportant.

-Any awkwards moment on your cellphone?
Plenty - why can't people see answering their phone while doing business in shops and offices is tacky to the max. If you have to answer your phone, get out of line, walk away and do your call. Don't make the salesperson/cashier/other customers wait for you and your call. You are not as important as you think you are.

AllthatFunk
Board Meister

Post by AllthatFunk »

Usually when I'm not available I turn off the ringer. When I'm available I turn it on. Solves that problem.

No, even when I have the ringer on, there are often times when I don't answer, which isn't much different than my land line. I will let it go to voicemail if I'm busy.

I think that whenenver in public you should use common sense and courtesy when answering or usuing your cell phone. If you do business from your mobile desk(sometimes in a restaurant) you can always answer the call to see if its urgent but politely say that you will return the call at a more convienent time if its not urgent. If you're on a date your cellphone should be off. Give the person your full attention.

-Any awkwards moment on your cellphone

HaHa..yes. I was at the grocery store and my husband was at the fish market. I knew he would be calling to let me know if I needed to pick up what he could not. Just my luck he called when I was in line to pay. It wasn't my turn yet and I thought if he needed me to grab something I should probably answer. I stepped out of line and answered my phone. My husband spoke and my immediate response was "so he has crabs? Awesome!". Two people in line must have overheard because they looked at me with shock in their eyes, then relief when I responded to my husband " yes get 1 for each of us if they aren't too expensive and grab a few fresh oysters as well". When I stepped back in line one of the people said "you should have heard that conversation from my end". When I figured out what I had said I burst out laughing. That was the very last time I answered my phone within earshot of anyone. :dyinglaughing:
I'd rather live with regrets than regret not living.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

grammafreddy wrote:Doesn't your cell phone have an "off" button? Do you know how to use it?

LOL

Mine has an "Off button" as well voicemail so if it rings when I'm doing any of the items French Castanut mentioned I'm covered.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “Grab Bag”