2012 Doomsday Predictions (Local Documentary)

Conspiracy theories and weird science discussions.
kompili
Walks on Forum Water

Re: 2012 Doomsday Predictions (Local Documentary)

Post by kompili »

goatboy wrote:

I believe that will be invaded by 6ft blond supermodel aliens that crave sex with average middle aged human men.

Well if you have 6 blond supermodel aliens that crave sex. They probably will do you in, if you are a middle aged man.
We Have Been Conditioned To See Only What They Want Us To See.
goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

kompili wrote:Well if you have 6 blond supermodel aliens that crave sex. They probably will do you in, if you are a middle aged man.

Well, as an apocalyptic event, could be worse.
kompili
Walks on Forum Water

Post by kompili »

Maybe this is what you wish for, but is it really your reality
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Well, I'll predict the doomsday predictions are wrong. I've already got plans for next year.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

kompili wrote:Maybe this is what you wish for, but is it really your reality

What, being ravaged by 6ft blond sex craved aliens? Um, no. My reality will be pretty much the same next year as it is now, and the year after.
kompili
Walks on Forum Water

Post by kompili »

Monday, December 3 , 2012
NASA scientists took time on Wednesday to soothe 2012 doomsday fears, warning against the dark side of Mayan apocalypse rumors — frightened children and suicidal teens who truly fear the world may come to an end Dec. 21.
These fears are based on misinterpretations of the Mayan calendar. On the 21st, the date of the winter solstice, a calendar cycle called the 13th b'ak'tun comes to an end. Although Maya scholars agree that the ancient Maya would not have seen this day as apocalyptic, rumors have spread that a cosmic event may end life on Earth on that day.
NASA maintains a 2012 information page debunking popular Mayan apocalypse rumors, such as the idea that a rogue planet will hit Earth on Dec. 21, killing everyone. (In fact, astronomers are quite good at detecting near-Earth objects, and any wandering planet scheduled to collide with Earth in three weeks would be the brightest object in the sky behind the sun and moon by now.)
"There is no true issue here. This is just a manufactured fantasy." Unfortunately, the fantasy has real-life consequences. Some worried citizens, particularly young people, say they can't eat, or are too worried to sleep. Others say they're suicidal. "While this is a joke to some people and a mystery to others, there is a core of people who are truly concerned."
Some people, inspired by New Age philosophies, expect a day of universal peace and spiritual transformation. But it's impressionable kids who have NASA officials worried. NASA scientists took questions via social media in the hour-long video chat, debunking doomsday myths from the rogue planet Nibiru to the danger of killer solar flares. It's true that the sun is currently in an active phase of its cycle, meaning electromagnetic energy has picked up. Large solar flares can impact electronics and navigation systems on Earth, but satellites monitoring the sun give plenty of warning and allow officials to compensate for the extra electromagnetic activity when it hits our atmosphere. What's more, this particular solar maximum is the "wimpiest" in some time — scientists have no reason to expect solar storms beyond what our planet has weathered in the past.
Nor are any near-Earth objects, planetary or otherwise, threatening to slam into our planet on Dec. 21. The only close asteroid approach on the horizon is forecast to occur on Feb. 13, 2013, when an asteroid will pass within 4.5 Earth radii to our planet (for perspective, Earth's radius is 3,963 miles, or 6,378 kilometers). The asteroid is not going to hit Earth.
Other rumors — that the Earth's magnetic field will suddenly reverse or that the planet will travel almost 30,000 light-years and fall into the black hole at the center of the Milky Way galaxy — were also dismissed. One popular rumor that the planet will undergo a complete blackout from Dec. 23 to 25 earned a "What?" and blank looks from the panel of scientists.
Ultimately, concerns about Earth's fate would be better focused on slow-acting problems such as climate change rather than some sort of cosmic catastrophe. "The greatest threat to Earth in 2012, at the end of this year and in the future, is just from the human race itself." :coffeecanuck:
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

I'm sure you have a point with that post, kompili, but I don't know what it is. Explain, please?

I was under the impression you were one of the doomsdayers, but perhaps I am wrong??? If so, I apologize.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
kompili
Walks on Forum Water

Post by kompili »

grammafreddy wrote:I'm sure you have a point with that post, kompili, but I don't know what it is. Explain, please?

I was under the impression you were one of the doomsdayers, but perhaps I am wrong??? If so, I apologize.

I don't believe the world will end the 21. Unfortunately we got more misery to come.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

So now you've changed your mind and that's good as a few people are making themselves sick over this. I still don't think things will drastically change for most people as you claim though.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
kompili
Walks on Forum Water

Post by kompili »

Fancy wrote:So now you've changed your mind and that's good as a few people are making themselves sick over this. I still don't think things will drastically change for most people as you claim though.

I haven't changed my mind, show me where I said the world would end the 21st. Changes will come by the way of man made, and most of them will not be pleasant
noneofyourbiz3
Übergod

Post by noneofyourbiz3 »

The Mayan leaders were full of just as much *bleep* as our current ones. After the 21st then what? Oh yeah another end of time in 2013. Enough.
Relentless
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Relentless »

17 more days and its all over!
brounal
Board Meister

Post by brounal »

Pretty much anyone with half a brain knows that absolutely nothing will happen on Dec 21st. Well maybe some idiots might commit suicide or something but the laugh will be on them when the sun comes up the 22nd.

The sad part is that there are many scenarios that pretty much mirror the biblical revelation prophecies that could come true maybe soon. Russia and China are still very very dangerous and along with the US all three have many many nuclear weapons. So a nuclear war is still a definite possibility. But don't believe it would kill all of mankind ,nuclear war is very survivable but likely millions maybe even billions would/could die. Most people have mistaken ideas about radiation and
have watched shows like On the Beach which is highly inaccurate. And nuclear winter is a totally unproven theory.

But humans also have terrible biological weapons and a biological weapon might be much more terrible than nuclear war.

And there are still the random things out there. Comets and asteroids could possibly hit the earth at some point in time.
But our technology to see them and maybe stop them is at least improving.

And guess there is also a slight chance of supervolcanoes or giant earthquakes or some of these other natural disasters but to me the highest risk to humans right now is nuclear war or biological war.

But this Dec 21 stuff.. PLEASE ... :dyinglaughing:
kompili
Walks on Forum Water

Post by kompili »

One thing is still slightly unsettling to me, however (though it doesn't quite equate to the end of the world... that would be jumping to conclusions). I'd still like to know how the Mayans were aware of our galactic cycle, and roughly how long it takes for our sun to align with the center of our galaxy (approximately 25,800 years). Not to mention that the long and sticky math involved behind their gigantic count on stela 1 at Coba may correlate with how long it takes to spiral quite a few full revolutions around the super massive black hole in the center of our Milky Way galaxy (going 41,943,040,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 years into the past). Even the biggest number calculated from the Dresden codex has 13 consecutive 13s as well. It seems that they are calculating numbers reaching back into time that can only boggle our modern mind and I find it eerie that they seemed to have knowledge of these numbers. Where the hell did they get these numbers from?

Neither the Dresden Codex, nor the Mayan long count calendar have ever foretold the end of our world. However, they do associate every turning of the 13.0.0.0.0.0 cycle with great change and upheaval
goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

Startling new information about Dec 21st, 2012!! A must watch!

Return to “Conspiracies and Weird Science”