BlackBerry maker CEOs step down as pressure mounts

Static
Guru

Re: BlackBerry maker CEOs step down as pressure mounts

Post by Static »

Homeowner, deep pockets? I think you need to read RIM's balance sheet. They too have deep pockets. Over $2b in the bank and adding $100M every quarter. RIM is an investment, not a speculative play. They are the fasting growing phones in Asia. They will be reporting earnings in 2 weeks. I anticipate flat to slightly lower sales as a result of people waiting for the new phone to be released. Losses should be much lower than a year ago because goodwill and other intangibles have already been wrote off. If there is a dip due to the earnings, I will be buying more.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Static wrote: If there is a dip due to the earnings, I will be buying more.

Of course you will, your ave price is still way too high.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

Not really.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

Broke through $13. Will be $18 mid January.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

There's a big reason why I'm telling you all this. I was in attendance, last week, when some of the people in the know from RIM HQ were there to show off just a small portion of what BlackBerry 10 will be capable of. I have to admit that despite a large dose of skepticism beforehand I was very, very, impressed with what I saw.

http://www.thestreet.com/story/11789769 ... -gold.html
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Homeownertoo
Lord of the Board

Post by Homeownertoo »

From further on in that article: "But, I can tell you that what we saw was nothing like previous BlackBerry software."

Is that a case of damning with faint praise? Probably not, but it's pretty faint praise, considering how dreadful existing Blackberry software is. I'll wait to see how the street perceives it three months after its available in stores; that means I'll be checking forums to see about the inevitable potential bugs or limitations and how Rim responds to them. What counts, really, isn't what the reviewers say on Day One. It's what they're saying on Day 90. As for the stock, it's probably good for a bounce. Beyond that is pure speculation cause Rim is really going out on a limb with this on. Maybe it has no choice, but that spells risk in any investor's handbook.
“Certain things cannot be said, certain ideas cannot be expressed, certain policies cannot be proposed.” -- Leftist icon Herbert Marcuse
“Don’t let anybody tell you it’s corporations and businesses create jobs.” -- Hillary Clinton, 25/10/2014
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

what is wrong with current bb software i use one every day it works well for me . i have zero use for apps for the most part so i guess i use it as a phone .
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

The phone is going to do well. Most investors overlook the company's success in Asia and the Middle East. Like I said before, most of the losses have been intanangibles (goodwill and amortization). The cash flow statement is stellar with over $2b in cash, and growing $100m qaurterly. The people claiming to be retired Financial Advisors on these threads hold very little knowldege when it comes to financial statements, and therefore have zero credibility when it comes to "investing".
Homeownertoo
Lord of the Board

Post by Homeownertoo »

theyeti wrote:what is wrong with current bb software i use one every day it works well for me . i have zero use for apps for the most part so i guess i use it as a phone .

I guess if you use your phone as a very basic cellphone, the software's ok. But as a smartphone it sucks bad. As for the tablet, it's issues are legendary even if some of them have been addressed in updates this year. It's still way behind the competition in many respects, as any tech website will tell you. BB10 is supposed to cure all. We'll see.
“Certain things cannot be said, certain ideas cannot be expressed, certain policies cannot be proposed.” -- Leftist icon Herbert Marcuse
“Don’t let anybody tell you it’s corporations and businesses create jobs.” -- Hillary Clinton, 25/10/2014
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

I agree with your veiw on the Tablet. I think it's something Rim should never have ventured into. It's been a complete waste of money so far.
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

part of me wants rim to do good because they r a canadian outfit
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

Me too. I will be switching from the iphone.
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

and what is it that the iphone does better ? i know the apps and internet r weak on black berry but really who cares about apps or the internet
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

The BB10 is supposed to be more like the iphone as far as internet and apps go.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

Releasing earnings after the close of market today.

Return to “Canada”