Man tasered after fighting with RCMP officers

Graham Adder
Guru

Re: Man tasered after fighting with RCMP officers

Post by Graham Adder »

crookedmember wrote:I just heard a rumour that the cops made the guy stand in a puddle before they tasered him. Can anyone confirm?

Yes. To confim:
You did hear that the cops made the bad guy stand in a puddle before they tasered him.
At least, that's what I read.
crookedmember
Banned

Post by crookedmember »

Police followed the man and observed his driving become erratic and dangerous - nearly causing multiple accidents as he drove through red lights and failed to stop at stop signs.

"The man was known to have previously fled from marked police vehicles so he was followed to a rural area before any stop was initiated," says Cst. Kris Clark.

"The man fled from the stop and was pursued into a nearby orchard in East Kelowna. During his flight the man damaged three unmarked police vehicles including one by reversing into the front end."

A struggle ensued and police used a Taser to subdue the man.

The suspect received medical attention for minor injuries he received during the arrest.

They let this dangerous and erratic driver get all the way to East Kelowna before they pulled him over?
All posts 100% moderator approved!
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

crookedmember wrote:
They let this dangerous and erratic driver get all the way to East Kelowna before they pulled him over?

I don't think that's what it said.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

50-YEARS-in-Ktown wrote:Sounds like he need it..

Agreed...light him up..

It IS Christmas.... :127:
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

wish I had a taser
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by cutter7 »

Trunk-Monkey wrote:Just wondering what everyones thoughts are about this.

http://www.am1150.ca/News/Local/story.aspx?ID=1839242

Wendy McLeod
12/11/2012
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kelowna RCMP had to taser a prolific offender after he rammed into a police cruiser and tried to fight members.
The incident happened around 8:45PM Monday night when plainclothes officers observed that man make an apparent drug transaction in the downtown, then try to pick up a sex trade worker.
Officers followed the 39 year old man who began driving erratically, nearly causing multiple collisions after speeding through red lights and blowing stop signs.
Constable Kris Clark says the suspect then led police on a chase.
"At the end of the flight, he ended up getting stuck in an orchard. He rammed one of the unmarked police vehicles and side-swiped another and proceeded to fight with several members."
A total of three unmarked cruisers were damaged. Officers then had to taser the man in order to subdue him.
"He received medical attention for minor injuries received during the arrest. From my understanding the probes that were deployed from the conducted energy weapon didn't even break the skin."
The man will appear in court on Tuesday and faces a long list of charges including possession of a controlled substance and assaulting a peace officer.

Sounds like he was being chased to me,,"Officers followed the 39 year old man who began driving erratically, nearly causing multiple collisions after speeding through red lights and blowing stop signs."

Other than that he's lucky he wasn't shot.
KL3-Something
Lord of the Board

Post by KL3-Something »

grammafreddy wrote:Works for me.

Question ... if someone has a heavy winter coat on, would a taser make any impact if it hit the coat? Does the taser have to make contact with skin to be effective?

And noooooooooo ... I do NOT want a personal demonstration to find out.

Nope. Contact with skin is not required. The current will go through a certain amount of clothing.
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Just to be clear: The opinions expressed above are mine and do not represent those of any other person, class of persons or organization.
KL3-Something
Lord of the Board

Post by KL3-Something »

Trunk-Monkey wrote:Just wondering what everyones thoughts are about this.

http://www.am1150.ca/News/Local/story.aspx?ID=1839242

Wendy McLeod
12/11/2012
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kelowna RCMP had to taser a prolific offender after he rammed into a police cruiser and tried to fight members.
The incident happened around 8:45PM Monday night when plainclothes officers observed that man make an apparent drug transaction in the downtown, then try to pick up a sex trade worker.
Officers followed the 39 year old man who began driving erratically, nearly causing multiple collisions after speeding through red lights and blowing stop signs.
Constable Kris Clark says the suspect then led police on a chase.
"At the end of the flight, he ended up getting stuck in an orchard. He rammed one of the unmarked police vehicles and side-swiped another and proceeded to fight with several members."
A total of three unmarked cruisers were damaged. Officers then had to taser the man in order to subdue him.
"He received medical attention for minor injuries received during the arrest. From my understanding the probes that were deployed from the conducted energy weapon didn't even break the skin."
The man will appear in court on Tuesday and faces a long list of charges including possession of a controlled substance and assaulting a peace officer.

cutter7 wrote:Sounds like he was being chased to me,,"Officers followed the 39 year old man who began driving erratically, nearly causing multiple collisions after speeding through red lights and blowing stop signs."

Other than that he's lucky he wasn't shot.

Nope. That's how that idiot drives all the time, regardless if he's being followed or not....He needs to go to jail and stay there.
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Just to be clear: The opinions expressed above are mine and do not represent those of any other person, class of persons or organization.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

KL3-Something wrote:Nope. That's how that idiot drives all the time, regardless if he's being followed or not....He needs to go to jail and stay there.

We all know how well the Justice system works with these types. He will be back on the road soon and probably kill someone with his driving habits.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

From the article , it looks like he was treated properly. Now the courts need to treat him properly.

Good job Cops.
Black Dogs Matter
crookedmember
Banned

Post by crookedmember »

KL3-Something wrote:Nope. Contact with skin is not required. The current will go through a certain amount of clothing.

Someone--perhaps me--should come up with conductive clothing that would short the barbs and prevent shocks. I'm basing my designs on the tin foil hats the smart meter folks wear.
crookedmember
Banned

Post by crookedmember »

dogspoiler wrote:From the article , it looks like he was treated properly. Now the courts need to treat him properly.

Good job Cops.

I don't believe he was treated properly at all. This is totally the type of dude the cops SHOULD be beating up.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

This would work

My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

if secret Santa is reading this, I repeat.. wish I had a taser
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
crookedmember
Banned

Post by crookedmember »

KL3-Something wrote:Nope. That's how that idiot drives all the time, regardless if he's being followed or not....He needs to go to jail and stay there.

What kind of vehicle(s) does he drive?

Return to “Central Okanagan”