Does anyone actually believe Dec 21 is End of World?

brounal
Board Meister

Does anyone actually believe Dec 21 is End of World?

Post by brounal »

So curious to see if anyone actually believes in Dec 21 being end of the world .I know people do on the net and there are lots of web sites but just curious about people right here in Kelowna.

I of course am on the side of totally ridiculous ,not going to be anything more than just a normal day.

I was more worried about Y2k as saw some very bad possible scenarios that could have happened if all the worlds computers were to go down or wacky all at same time. But of course that was also a non event.

So speak up.. do you believe something will happen Dec 21st? Would think for sure some of the board conspiracy theorists are going to chime in here..
Quixote
Fledgling

Re: Ok just curious does anyone actually believe dec 21 is E

Post by Quixote »

This post just seems like bait for loons, not sure how any sane person can believe any of these, there's been four 'end of the worlds' last year and three this year alone:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_da ... tic_events
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Nothing's going to end the world.

The only thing that will end the easy life that the First World people lead is the total collapse of the environment.
I was going thru Costco the other day and marvelling at the logistics at what it takes out of the Earth to bring us all this conveinance.

The plastics in everything via oil extraction.
The dead tree industry aka all that cardboard and paper, and pallets.
The food industry hard a work presenting palatable fast, easy serve chemical filled foods.

I think the only thing we might see is a change, but not Dec. 21 per se, but in the future.

I also think whomever the Mayan was who did the calandar, ran outta space on the stone. I mean, there's only so much space on the thing right? Did we really think one stone was going to record right into the 2020s? Or the 2030s? or beyond?
Last edited by Queen K on Dec 12th, 2012, 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

From an acient Mayan text:

"Okay, sorry about the unfinished calendar but these freaking Spaniards suddenly arrived and we got a little preoccupied"
kompili
Walks on Forum Water

Post by kompili »

One thing is still slightly unsettling to me, however (though it doesn't quite equate to the end of the world... that would be jumping to conclusions). I'd still like to know how the Mayans were aware of our galactic cycle, and roughly how long it takes for our sun to align with the center of our galaxy (approximately 25,800 years). Not to mention that the long and sticky math involved behind their gigantic count on stela 1 at Coba may correlate with how long it takes to spiral quite a few full revolutions around the super massive black hole in the center of our Milky Way galaxy (going 41,943,040,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 years into the past). Even the biggest number calculated from the Dresden codex has 13 consecutive 13s as well. It seems that they are calculating numbers reaching back into time that can only boggle our modern mind and I find it eerie that they seemed to have knowledge of these numbers. Where the hell did they get these numbers from?

Neither the Dresden Codex, nor the Mayan long count calendar have ever foretold the end of our world. However, they do associate every turning of the 13.0.0.0.0.0 cycle with great change and upheaval.
We Have Been Conditioned To See Only What They Want Us To See.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Now if only those pesky Europeans hadn't destroyed so many documents after arriving in a world much more ancient than their own and start pompously declaring it to be a "new world." Double speak was alive and well Orwell, before 1984.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
French Castanut
Lord of the Board

Post by French Castanut »

Of course it's the end of the world. Not.

That maya calendar ends on dec 21, 2012 because they were out of paper... or because they simply told themselves these people will continue it once they get there... they didn't had printers and computer to generate a calendar milleniums long back then.

I won't rant on the subject... because it annoys me when I think people are stupid credulous believing end of world is dec 21st.
Vote C'Nutz for President of the Republic of BC May 14th!
normaM
The Pilgrim

Re: Ok just curious does anyone actually believe Dec 21 is E

Post by normaM »

would be nice but I doubt it
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

I don't understand what the big deal is about the Mayan calender ending every 1000 years (or however long it is) because our calendar ends every 12 months. It would be sweet if we adopted their calendar because we wouldn't have to buy a new one every year!

P.S. the myth about the Mayan's predicting the end of the world was started by New Agers in the 1960s and 1970s, which was 20 years before anyone had figured out and deciphered the Mayan language.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

Post by SmokeOnTheWater »

:popcorn:
Dec 21st ... what time ?
" Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. " ~ Gary Snyder
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

SmokeOnTheWater wrote::popcorn:
Dec 21st ... what time ?

Yeah, that would be good to know since I am ALWAYS late for everything and I don't plan to change my habits just for this :D
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

If we're late does that mean we have to wait for the next one? They do seem to predict them every few years so we can always catch the next one.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
French Castanut
Lord of the Board

Post by French Castanut »

Do you guys realize that BC'ers will be the last ones to die? The day changes in Australia or Taiwan 1st, then all asia, then europe & africa.. then quebec and so on.

pfff end of world would have to be everyone at the same time to be fair.
Vote C'Nutz for President of the Republic of BC May 14th!
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

French Castanut wrote:Do you guys realize that BC'ers will be the last ones to die? The day changes in Australia or Taiwan 1st, then all asia, then europe & africa.. then quebec and so on.

pfff end of world would have to be everyone at the same time to be fair.

You see, it'll be like a big wave, like you see during a hockey game, sept on a global scale.
Anyway, damn well better end. I've accumulated a lot of debt in anticipating this and I just can't get stuck with it because they were wrong :ohmygod:
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.

Return to “World”