Robbed in Okanagan Landing

Post by imahoser »

Who else??
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Robbed in Okanagan Landing

Post by gardengirl »

Details?
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
imahoser
Fledgling

Post by imahoser »

Got lucky enough to have stuff stolen out of our vehicles like so many others lately. Ironically, our very awesome dog died two weeks ago and she would have had a nice midnight snack.
Verminator
Board Meister

Post by Verminator »

What kind of stuff was stolen? Even when it's parked in my driveway, I never ever leave things in my car that might tempt someone to break in, not even loose change.
I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death.
George Carlin
imahoser
Fledgling

Post by imahoser »

electronic stuff and a hammer of all things, some change. Yes we are idiots for leaving vehicles unlocked, however we are on an acre with fully fenced yard, and one useless large (we now know) outside dog. Have never had such a thing happen in 13 years of unlocked cars here.
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

On our street near tronson , It happens about every 4 months or so. You wake up and find your car door open. I never leave anything in my car to steal , and usually remember to lock the doors.
OnTheRoadAgain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by OnTheRoadAgain »

There are people out there who think that if your car is not locked, they are not breaking to enter, so they won't be charged.
Low education level, high need, living in survival mode...
cramerrj

Post by cramerrj »

We were robbed last night as well here in lakeridge - while we were home. They left their mountain bike leaning on my truck and took my 10 year old sons Kawasaki KLX 110 from the garage that he had been working to buy for 4 years... Also they took his school backpack and left theirs here. The sad thing is that I think my 2 year old clicked my garage door opener before I had put him down and our garage door was open all night. But still... someone was looking for an opportunity.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

cramerrj wrote:We were robbed last night as well here in lakeridge - while we were home. They left their mountain bike leaning on my truck and took my 10 year old sons Kawasaki KLX 110 from the garage that he had been working to buy for 4 years... Also they took his school backpack and left theirs here. The sad thing is that I think my 2 year old clicked my garage door opener before I had put him down and our garage door was open all night. But still... someone was looking for an opportunity.

Never throw stones at a kid in your neighbourhood, it might be your bike.

Chances are that bike is stolen and your motorcycle was a little better of a ride!

Hope you have reported it right away, it sometimes give police that step ahead of the badguy.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Here we go again, I can't count how many "stole" or "crime in the 'hood" threads we have here.

Did you have clear photographs of you items?
Serial numbers written down?
A police report with a No. on it done?
Talk to an officer about whether this is new to the neighbourhood or is this an ongoing issue?

Never underestimate the power of pawnshops. They do see stuff and do report to the police and definitely people get stuff back.

Also, if you report an item and show a photograph, for those who are dishonest that is, they may accept said item, but pay a heck of a lot less. And ultimately that's worth it right there. And then call you that they have said item, or not. But at least the criminal didn't get full pay.

And that in itself is worth the hassle.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
cramerrj

Post by cramerrj »

Yes the police were here and a report was filed. I used this forum simply to notify others that this occurred in our neighborhood. merry xmas to all.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

And that's a good idea. Ya never when if the theft is a one off or part of an ongoing spree.

I wish you all the best in retrieving your items. Take heart, I found three of my crackhead stolen rings in a pawn shop two years after the theft. Got them back eventually too.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

imahoser wrote:electronic stuff and a hammer of all things, some change. Yes we are idiots for leaving vehicles unlocked, however we are on an acre with fully fenced yard, and one useless large (we now know) outside dog. Have never had such a thing happen in 13 years of unlocked cars here.

I second the bold. It's 2012, not 1956
imahoser
Fledgling

Post by imahoser »

lol the regulars on these boards just make my cringe. Bunch of opportunists waiting to pounce on newbies with a problem. Enjoy your holidays and yourselves, because I doubt many others enjoy you.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

imahoser wrote:lol the regulars on these boards just make my cringe. Bunch of opportunists waiting to pounce on newbies with a problem. Enjoy your holidays and yourselves, because I doubt many others enjoy you.

Well why get ticked off when someone agrees with you?
Sorry for your loss (The dog that passed away) The the other stuff can be replaced and I'm sure you will lock your vehicles from now on.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!

Return to “Central Okanagan”