NHL lockout?

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
theyeti
Übergod

Re: NHL lockout?

Post by theyeti »

loving the news today looks like the season is probably gone for sure now . christmas came early !

i look forward to some charity fundraisers with local nhl talent to come to prospera place soon , cuz its all for the love of the game

i wanna thank both sides for throwing in the towel and shutting down the negotiations
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

more games cancelled why dont they just pull the plug . the only reason they havnt is because they wanna stay on tv . anything to keep the sports writers following them around .
not normally an owners kinda guy but the nhlpa has there heads up there u know where
jimsenchuk
Lord of the Board

Post by jimsenchuk »

Saved myself alot of money this yr, thanks to the owners and Players of the NHL, see ya next season. I do blame the owners for this, they locked the players out. I like watching the KHL now, great hockey. By the way folks.....Canada will not win the world jr championship in 2013.
The only effective answer to organized greed is organized labor.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

theyeti wrote: i wanna thank both sides for throwing in the towel and shutting down the negotiations

me too :discodance:

(Go Cowboys !!!)
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Re: League that shall not be named lockout?

Post by jaz301 »

League that shall not be named: Players move closer to dissolving union, put more pressure on league

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/ar ... 01--League that shall not be named-lockout-players-move-closer-to-dissolving-union-put-more-pressure-on-league

With the League that shall not be namedPA threatening to dissolve (and then sue the League that shall not be named for claiming the lockout illegal and then players getting 3 times the value in damages which would most likely be the end of the League that shall not be named) will this get anything done? MY guess is probably not.

Reading around I see people going come on and get a deal done already I want to watch League that shall not be named hockey. Its like people think its perfectly fine that we lost a whole League that shall not be named season 7 years ago lost half 10 years before that and on the verge of losing another whole season. Why should we go back to them when they took the game away from us because they cant agree on a new CBA?

People should not be wanting the game back and be so forgiving. Fans should be angry and want to boycott the League that shall not be named. Don't buy merchandise, tickets, even watching on tv (when it comes back). Yes I know other leagues have lost games before to because of labor disputes, but none have lost an entire season and certainty have not lose 2 entire season in 7 years.
Life is too sho......
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

NHLPA gives OK to dissolve union: reports

NHL players have moved a step closer to dissolving their union.

A vote of the NHL Players' Association membership this week has given their union's executive board the power to file a "disclaimer of interest" until Jan. 2. A source confirmed the vote produced more than the two-thirds of membership support needed.

A union spokesman declined to comment on the "internal PA matter."

If the NHLPA's executive board elects to go ahead and file the disclaimer, the union will be dissolved and transformed into a trade association. That would allow players to file anti-trust lawsuits against the NHL.

Complete article
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/sto ... erest.html
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
albertabound
Board Meister

Post by albertabound »

:ohmygod: Idiots on both sides////// :skippingsheep:
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

ahhhh *bleep* it looks like they r gonna play a few games . so sad . i wish they would just fold the league . no one wants hockey back i have not heard one person say they missed it
Catz
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Catz »

theyeti wrote:ahhhh *bleep* it looks like they r gonna play a few games . so sad . i wish they would just fold the league . no one wants hockey back i have not heard one person say they missed it

I miss it
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I consider myself as diehard hockeyfan each time this crap happens both sides looses more respect from me.

Will I watch at this point I'm not sure, I'm enjoying junior hockey so wait and see.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

Last lockout I came back, but that was because I was young and did not understand what was going on and just wanted to watch hockey again. This time I am older and understand what was going on and I don't think I will come back. Why should I?
Life is too sho......
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

i hope the fans watch hockey on tv the rest of the season ,and stay away from the arenas
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

theyeti wrote:ahhhh *bleep* it looks like they r gonna play a few games . so sad . i wish they would just fold the league . no one wants hockey back i have not heard one person say they missed it

You mad bro? :spinball:

Don't take it so hard. It might seem like they did this just to get at you, but it was all just business.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

I never took any of this personally, and why would I? It's not my business/livelihood/money on the line. All I lost was some entertainment, which was easily replaced. In my world, hockey never left, I've spent as much reading about and watching hockey this year as any other.

When they start playing games again, I'll watch, because I enjoy hockey. But I never got the "how can they do this to the fans?" angle.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

JayByrd wrote:When they start playing games again, I'll watch, because I enjoy hockey. But I never got the "how can they do this to the fans?" angle.

Who pays for their salaries, who gives them a reason to play the game. That's right. Its the fans. Without the fans they would be nothing, but they don't seem to care or else they would have got a deal done so we would have a full season.

What it sounds like your saying its all right that they took all this time to get a deal done. That concession stand workers, security guards and anyone else who may have been out of a job because of the lockout.. That business lost money because they were not getting the before/after game crowds. That charities were not getting money from the 50/50 events.
Life is too sho......

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”