WFN rights

Bpeep
Mindquad

Re: WFN rights

Post by Bpeep »

normaM wrote: I worked for Native Outreach in Edmonton for 6 years +
You are just one of those bitter old men who figure life ripped them off, thats what your rant reads like

Ahh, I knew you had an agenda somewhere.
Read what the average canadian who is non status or doesnt work in an office governing native's affairs have to say.
There is a majority out there who agree with me, theres certainly been lots of polls.
Nope, life didnt rip me off, Ive done quite well for myself. But I worked 7 days a week for many decades to be in that position. I sure didnt sponge it off Ottawa, nor has my family been on welfare for four generations, to the point where its become an accepted normal means of survival. Once people get to that position, they dont even know what hope is.
You can thank Ottawa for that one.

Any people who gets free housing, education, health care, income, and non taxable status doesnt get my compassion when they complain about how bad they have it though.

Sorry to all for totally derailing the thread.
Last edited by Bpeep on Dec 25th, 2012, 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

coffeeFreak wrote:
Please but don't paint all Aboriginal people with the same brush...

I dont.
But I vehemently disagree with the way the system is.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
weatherloach

Post by weatherloach »

Babbitman wrote:I also think its too bad that the average canadian hasnt the guts to stand up for what he believes in.
Natives scream the ''R'' word at every turn, but the first time whitey says ''R"...
Consider this- if every canadian citizen had equal rights, do you think anyone would still be playing the "R" card?

Babbitman, ditto and kudos for your opinion, i completely agree with you...and not being racist by saying that, lol.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

And for those who think Im just some bitter old biddie who thinks life dealt me an unfair hand- Im not, and it didnt.
One entire side of my family is status.
My parents adopted a status daughter.
I have lived with status peeps, daily, in their community, for 28 years.
Its not like Im spitting on my television because I saw something I didnt like.
Ive spent most of my life with status people.
I spent the majority of my adult life with a status spouse.
The list goes on and on.
Im sorry I may have said some things that people dont like, but its always the same, the peeps who dont like this side of the situation are invariably status peeps and social workers.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

I call BS
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
coffeeFreak
Guru

Post by coffeeFreak »

Babbitman wrote:And for those who think Im just some bitter old biddie who thinks life dealt me an unfair hand- Im not, and it didnt.
One entire side of my family is status.
My parents adopted a status daughter.
I have lived with status peeps, daily, in their community, for 28 years.
Its not like Im spitting on my television because I saw something I didnt like.
Ive spent most of my life with status people.
I spent the majority of my adult life with a status spouse.
The list goes on and on.
Im sorry I may have said some things that people dont like, but its always the same, the peeps who dont like this side of the situation are invariably status peeps and social workers.

So you are Aboriginal. Does that mean you are like "all" the others you have painted as undesiserable?

As for me, I know many First Nations people who are well educated and very productive members of society...maybe you need to travel in different circles Bb.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Babbitman wrote:I
I will tell you, almost every one of the status people Ive known laugh at how good they got it, and take the taxpayer for every dime they can get.
You may think its fair, but I sure dont.

Seems we've meet status people from different areas. All the ones I know share the same problems non-natives do ... finding a better job, being able to meet/pay their monthly bills, worrying about being able to put nutritious food on the table every day, their children's education, etc.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

You can call what you want. I have no reason to lie however.
You just dont agree with what I said here, and your position is reduced to telling me Im lying about something about me that you have zero idea of.
You have no more knowledge of my or my families history than I do of yours, so calling BS on me is about as juvenile as me calling BS on you when you tell about your life.
Tell me Im lying when you know the truth about me, and Im actually lying.

And, no, coffeefreak, I am not aboriginal. I didnt say I was.
But I did say I spent most of my life with them, and that half of my family is.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Before I dissapear from here and spend some time with my family, perhaps I will recap my position on all this, as Im afraid my poor writing skills hasnt really got it across very accurately.
I have nothing against aboriginal people. On the contrary, I have many of them very close to me in my life, and I love them dearly. I did mention how deep my exposure with them is.

My issue is with the federal govt of canada, the mish mash of a dept of indian affairs, what they now call the dept of aboriginal affairs.
The bueracracy that turned a majority of an entire race of people into a 4th generation welfare society and removed most of its hope, all by giving them rights that any other canadian is disallowed.
How a govt had an opportunity to assist a people to become better people, contributing members of the greatest society in the world, but they bungled it so bad that all they can do now to keep their monstrous mistakes under wraps is to throw billions of dollars at it, yet solve nothing. If anything, its much worse now than ever.
You dont see it often with the more prosperous bands (and they are few, compared to the number out there), but go anywhere where they havent or cant take advantage of oil/mineral rights, or a real estate market, and the problems are more than obvious.

My take on it all, as a canadian, is equal rights for all. Thats it, nothing more.
sulchie
Fledgling

Post by sulchie »

Babbitman wrote:
The white man built that one too.
Try selling it to a status native, and financing it like the rest of the world does.
When that person takes it to a reserve and decides to not pay for it, you have zero recourse. For as long as its on a reserve, its exempt from seizure by the true owner (the financier).
That screams racism to me.

Its long past time to level the playing field.
Equal rights for all.

I was just alluding to the fact that it impossible go back to the good old days. The "white" man has changed the world too much.
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

amazing how many ppl think they would some how be better off if the natives got less . thats the christmas spirit round these parts i guess ..
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Keeping an entire race as a ward of the state for over 200 years from birth till death and regulating their every move certainly isnt my idea of letting them have more.
Disneyland

Post by Disneyland »

Babbitman wrote:The white man built that one too.
Try selling it to a status native, and financing it like the rest of the world does.
When that person takes it to a reserve and decides to not pay for it, you have zero recourse. For as long as its on a reserve, its exempt from seizure by the true owner (the financier).
That screams racism to me.

Its long past time to level the playing field.
Equal rights for all.

If you want to start a forum called "Bashing Natives of Northern Ontario" fill your boots. Don't use your bashing session under guize of this forum "WFN rights" because what you have stated is totally incorrect. So please do not generalize.

As for your statement WFN Consititution makes provisions for seizure on Reserve, therefore, finiancial institutions can seize assets on WFN Reserves. WFN is its own Self Governing body.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

sulchie wrote:

I was just alluding to the fact that it impossible go back to the good old days. The "white" man has changed the world too much.

Any group on a good parcel of livable land can live like in the good old days if they really wanted to. The thing is, when you harp about wanting the old ways and at the same time complain about not getting new age things, it will never work. If a group of white people wants to live like the old days without cars and electricity and most other conveniences, they can, look at the Amish. If you give a group of white people a huge chunk of land, everyone gets a house, and no one has to pay taxes, it's called winning a lottery. They say it's good to make lemonade when handed a lemon, but when you're handed the lemonade, drink it and enjoy already!
They say you can't believe everything they say.
Disneyland

Post by Disneyland »

zzontar wrote:Any group on a good parcel of livable land can live like in the good old days if they really wanted to. The thing is, when you harp about wanting the old ways and at the same time complain about not getting new age things, it will never work. If a group of white people wants to live like the old days without cars and electricity and most other conveniences, they can, look at the Amish. If you give a group of white people a huge chunk of land, everyone gets a house, and no one has to pay taxes, it's called winning a lottery. They say it's good to make lemonade when handed a lemon, but when you're handed the lemonade, drink it and enjoy already!

The term you are looking for is "Pre-emption" this country was based on it. White settlers were given large tracts of land for free. Native people were not allowed to pre-empt land.

Return to “Central Okanagan”