What's for dinner tonight?

What you're doing when you're not working, or on facebook.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Re: What's for dinner tonight?

Post by grammafreddy »

McD's Big Mac sauce has horseradish in it :D

Just sharin' :sunshine:
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Made some one year and a couple of my son's friends were over for dinner. One reached for the horseradish and my brat said "watch out, it's hot, hot, hot". He laughed and said something to the effect that it couldn't be hot enough for him. Put a heaping teaspoonful in his mouth and swallowed. Gotta give the kid credit - never said a word as he turned red and a couple of tears worked their way down his cheek.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Took a jar to my boss. English psychiatrist and before I could stop him he took the lid off and took a sniff of it! He lost his ability to breathe for a few seconds and the tears squirted out of his eyes. Respect horseradish! Unfortunately MdD's 'horseradish' is actually wasabi = yep, Made in China!
Chill
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Wasabi tastes like horseradish?
__________________________________________________________________________________________

motorhomebabe
Lord of the Board

Post by motorhomebabe »

Wasabi! euw! We made some horseradish in our fifthwheel one time, rushed it outside with tears pourin down our cheeks. a good doukabor dish is Hooladeitz,spelling? with horseradish. Watched my husband and his brother eating it , sweat on their brows , tears rolling down their cheeks ,raving about how good it was. :dyinglaughing:
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

motorhomebabe wrote:Wasabi! euw! We made some horseradish in our fifthwheel one time, rushed it outside with tears pourin down our cheeks. a good doukabor dish is Hooladeitz,spelling? with horseradish. Watched my husband and his brother eating it , sweat on their brows , tears rolling down their cheeks ,raving about how good it was. :dyinglaughing:

That's how I like my curry :D

But other than in Big Mac sauce, I don't like horseradish (well, wasabi???)

oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

Recipe is from the 1968 McDonald's Manager's Handbook put out in 1969 (1968 year). They quickly removed the recipe. It was included as an emergency recipe in the event a particular store ran out of the premade sauce.

1/4 cup KRAFT Miracle Whip
1/4 cup mayonnaise
2 heaping tbsp. WISHBONE deluxe French salad dressing (the orange stuff)
1/2 tbsp. HEINZ sweet relish
2 heaping tsp. VLASIC dill pickle relish (Heinz dill relish also works)
1 tsp. granulated sugar
1 tsp. dried, minced onion
1 tsp. white vinegar
1 tsp. ketchup
1/8 tsp. salt

Mix everything very well in a small container. There better be no streaks! Microwave 25 seconds, and stir well again. Cover, and refrigerate at LEAST 1 hour before using (to allow all of the flavors to "meld").

Makes nearly 1 cup - enough for about 8 Big Macs.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

oneh2obabe wrote:Recipe is from the 1968 McDonald's Manager's Handbook put out in 1969 (1968 year). They quickly removed the recipe. It was included as an emergency recipe in the event a particular store ran out of the premade sauce.

No horseradish (wasabi)?

oneh2obabe

Post by oneh2obabe »

NEW YORK, July 12, 2012 (UPI) -- Dan Coudreaut, executive chef for McDonald's fast food restaurants, has revealed the secret behind the Big Mac's secret sauce.

All you need to make the Big Mac sauce is store-bought mayonnaise, sweet pickle relish, classic yellow mustard, white wine vinegar, garlic powder, onion powder and paprika, the New York Daily News reported Wednesday.

The paprika, Coudreaut said, "gives it a little flavor but it also helps to enhance the color a little bit."

Coudreaut recently made a video demonstrating that anyone can make the secret sauce in their own home.

"With food it's either contrasting flavors like sweet and sour," Coudreaut said, "or it's contrasting flavors like tomato and basil. Here with the Big Mac sauce it's contrasting flavors."

http://www.upi.com/Business_News/2012/0 ... z2DaGERZRl
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Nov 28th, 2012, 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

:sunshine: Thanks!

fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Last night's mac & cheese with an overdose of chili powder.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

flamingfingers wrote:Took a jar to my boss. English psychiatrist and before I could stop him he took the lid off and took a sniff of it! He lost his ability to breathe for a few seconds and the tears squirted out of his eyes. Respect horseradish! Unfortunately MdD's 'horseradish' is actually wasabi = yep, Made in China!

Wasabi is from the same family as horseradish, but isn't actually a horseradish itself.

Real wasabi is nothing like that green crap most sushi restaurants try and pass off on us. It's actually a root that should be freshly grated. The real stuff is actually very palatable. Vinegars and other crap make a lot of those sauces more potent.

My dinner was a delish tomato bisque and a quinoa spinach salad with red onions, pecans, feta, and vinaigrette.
WeatherWoman
Wicked Witch of the West Coast

Post by WeatherWoman »

Turkey, Gravey, Mashed Potatoes, Stuffing, Green Salad, Carrots & Cucumbers, Brussel Sprouts, Cranberry Sauce, Yule Log
"It takes a village to raise a fool." ~ Dan Mangan
xjeepguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by xjeepguy »

Prime Rib ! With the usual suspect veggies .
When a man opens a car door for his wife, it's either a new car or a new wife
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

:nyah: Leftovers from turkey dinner
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?

Return to “Entertainment, Food, Travel, the Arts”