NFL Play-offs!

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Re: NFL Play-offs!

Post by steven lloyd »

Well, another exciting game but the end of the ride this year for the “long-shot” Cowboys

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201212230 ... &tab=recap
Winston_Smith
Fledgling

Post by Winston_Smith »

The Seahawks just curb stomped the 49ers.

Didn't see that coming - at all.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

rutland1 wrote:Im going to the game in Seattle on Sunday. I think it should be a great match matchup, with Seattle unbeaten at home this year and San Fran playing so good, the winner could very well go to the Super Bowl.

Winston_Smith wrote:The Seahawks just curb stomped the 49ers. Didn't see that coming - at all.

Me neither. Very impressive. So what's the story rutland? Obviously you wore your rian gear, and I'm serious when I say I hope you took a bunch of pictures that you're going to post - but the Seahawks ??? Are they for real ?? Good on them for being so serious. Wouldn't that just be something. It is definitely a volatile mix of play-off contenders though. Most excellent.

And Urbane: 55 - 7 and now up with the top seeds. How about that Aaron Rogers and those Packers, eh ?

Never mind why Peyton Manning and Tom Brady will always be considered the elite of the elite quaterbacks. Aaron Rogers is working hard to become a member of that elete group as well. Brett Favre who ???

(p.s. Cowboys still an outside possibility - tip: don't bet on them)
rutland1
Board Meister

Post by rutland1 »

What a game to be at. I lost my voice from screaming so much at the game. We were so lucky to be under cover as it poured rain all night long. It looks like the Seahawks are finally a contender for the Super Bowl.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

rutland1 wrote:What a game to be at. I lost my voice from screaming so much at the game. We were so lucky to be under cover as it poured rain all night long. It looks like the Seahawks are finally a contender for the Super Bowl.

First of all, you're the man. :hailjo: Second of all, I think you're right. They destroyed the 49er's, Wilson and that O line looks like the real deal.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Joe Flacco and Russell Wilson put their clubs over the top in a pivotal Week 16. Which QB was better?

Read more:

http://www.nfl.com/performance/2012/REG/16
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Why the Broncos are Super Bowl favorites
Published: Dec. 25, 2012 at 03:42 p.m.

After some early season stumbles, the Peyton Manning-led Denver Broncos now stand among the AFC's elite and are primed for a deep playoff run, writes Gregg Rosenthal.

Read more:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... -favorites
rutland1
Board Meister

Post by rutland1 »

Denver are a good team, but their 3 losses come from teams that are contenders, Atlanta, New England, and the Texans.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

It’s the final game of the 2012 NFL regular season, and the schedule makers have flexed us one helluva season finale tonight folks! We got two bitter NFC East rivals with the division title on the line! The only way to make this better would be to do it inside of a giant steel cage. I call it “NFL in a Cell”

One team has managed to salvage what at one point was just another disappointing and drama filled season. Somehow, under the shaky arm of their maligned superstar QB, they have managed to put themselves one game away from an automatic playoff berth and a chance to reclaim their moniker of “America’s Team”.

The other, fights out of the American capital and is riding the wave that the most exciting rookie of the modern era set in motion. Joined by a rookie running back, the team has dealt with several injury problems this season but are still finding ways to win.

It’s Cowboys. It’s Redskins.

IT’S SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL !!!

http://blogs.theprovince.com/2012/12/30 ... -redskins/
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

7 - 7 halftime. Washington's running game was fearsome on their touchdown drive.
Romo and "his boys" are going to have to light up an aerial show to win this one.

Go Cowboys !!!

rutland1
Board Meister

Post by rutland1 »

Well it"s Seattle against Washington in the next round. Two NFL rookies going head to head in QB position. It should be a good game. I"m still picking Seattle.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Yes, Washington looked good in their win over the Cowboys last night but Romo and his offense just weren’t getting the job done. I’ll go with Seattle against Washington too. It is at Washington though so it will be a tough game.

Any other picks from the schedule below ?

SATURDAY, JANUARY 05
WILD CARD WEEKEND

4:30PM ET
Bengals at Texans

8:00PM ET
Vikings at Packers

SUNDAY, JANUARY 06
WILD CARD WEEKEND

1:00PM ET
Colts at Ravens

Seahawks at Redskins

SATURDAY, JANUARY 12
DIVISIONAL PLAYOFFS

???? at Broncos

8:00PM ET
???? at 49ers

SUNDAY, JANUARY 13
DIVISIONAL PLAYOFFS

1:00PM ET
???? at Falcons

???? at Patriots
rutland1
Board Meister

Post by rutland1 »

I'm going to pick the 4 visitors next week,Bengals,Vikings,Colts, and of course the Seahawks.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

rutland1 wrote:I'm going to pick the 4 visitors next week,Bengals,Vikings,Colts, and of course the Seahawks.

Wow, feeling gutsy are ya?

Well, the Texans are limping in while the Bengals have won seven of their last eight games and have a strong defense.

The Vikings will be an upset not exactly having a defense that is dominant enough to stop Aaron Rodgers & Co.

The Colts and Ravens should be close. I used to be a Colts fan and I’ve grown to like the Ravens. The Colts have won five of their last six games but the Ravens are playing at home and usually win at least one playoff game. Tough call but I’ll go with the Ravens.

The Seahawks are definitely good enough to beat the Redskins and should do so.

So, I pick the Bengals, the Packers, the Ravens and the Seahawks.
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

a bit off topic .. but is anyone else gonna be watching the bcs national championship . lots of good games on today . and bama vs notre dame should be a classic .

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”