Mountie plays drums in the woods

Trunk-Monkey
Übergod

Mountie plays drums in the woods

Post by Trunk-Monkey »

Check this out...yet another reason this job is AMAZING!

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... .htm#85044

Looks like they all had fun! This is how police and the public are supposed to interact.
simnut
Übergod

Re: Mountie plays drums in the woods

Post by simnut »

You know.....this mounties parents brought him up right! This is also a mountie that gained the respect of these people and many that have watched this video...because he gave the respect to these campers first. Many of us would haven't given the guy in the beard a second look...or if we did, thought he was a real shrub! Funny how this kind of thing DOESN'T make the news (which it should) .....what does it say about our society that newspapers, tv stations etc thrive by presenting the worst of our society!
Don't you just love "discussing" with a stubborn Dutchman?
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

simnut wrote:You know.....this mounties parents brought him up right! This is also a mountie that gained the respect of these people and many that have watched this video...because he gave the respect to these campers first. Many of us would haven't given the guy in the beard a second look...or if we did, thought he was a real shrub! Funny how this kind of thing DOESN'T make the news (which it should) .....what does it say about our society that newspapers, tv stations etc thrive by presenting the worst of our society!

Actually, this has been circulating on the web for some time now. Regardless, good for the cop, he must have been on beat patrol!
Last edited by zzontar on Dec 26th, 2012, 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
Graphite
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Graphite »

simnut wrote:You know.....this mounties parents brought him up right!

Good parents can still end up with bad apples sorry to say.

Cool RCMP
simnut
Übergod

Post by simnut »

Graphite wrote:Good parents can still end up with bad apples sorry to say.

Your point?
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

I guess I'll say it again Sam -"Good for Cst. Sokoloski!!"

It in many cases if is those little laughs you give people that go a long way.
damngrumpy
Übergod

Post by damngrumpy »

Yes this single act is a good one but it hardly qualifies people saying his parents
brought him up right. There is no evidence one way or another to suggest that
he is a wonderful person or a not so wonderful person all we know is he can play
music well and put it to good use.
The Singing Nun in the sixties was great she topped the music charts but the church
didn't make her a good person they had too many sins of their own.
Graphite
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Graphite »

Graphite wrote:Good parents can still end up with bad apples sorry to say.

simnut wrote: Your point?

That is my point. Whats yours
simnut
Übergod

Post by simnut »

Good parents can still end up with bad apples sorry to say.

That is my point. Whats yours

What has THAT to do with what I said? I just commented on how good a job THIS guys parents did, in my opinion. I don't care about other parental success or failures........ in this particular thread....this thread is only about this story...... :ohmygod:
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

That cop rocks.Take note members .Try to relate were all human.
Peace be with you.
Trunk-Monkey
Übergod

Post by Trunk-Monkey »

damngrumpy wrote:Yes this single act is a good one but it hardly qualifies people saying his parents
brought him up right. There is no evidence one way or another to suggest that
he is a wonderful person or a not so wonderful person all we know is he can play
music well and put it to good use.
The Singing Nun in the sixties was great she topped the music charts but the church
didn't make her a good person they had too many sins of their own.

Actually I disagree. The evidence you are suggesting is not there is there if you watch the end of the video where he interacts with the campers. I will agree it is a video and its a short moment in time and in no way tells all that this member stands for etc but there is some evidence there.
Sn0man
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Sn0man »

haha that's an instant classic!
Sunshine tax rebate recipient
KL3-Something
Lord of the Board

Post by KL3-Something »

kibbs wrote:That cop rocks.Take note members .Try to relate were all human.

Take note people (including police detractors). Try to relate that police members are all human.
All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Just to be clear: The opinions expressed above are mine and do not represent those of any other person, class of persons or organization.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

kibbs wrote:That cop rocks.Take note members .Try to relate were all human.

You know, normal people already know it. It's people who judge entire police forces by news articles come to conclusion that every single police officer in the country is a baby-punching power-tripping Nazi who are just looking for a reason to pull people over and give them a beating. But the opinion of such idiots - we have some prime examples here on Castanet forums - is hardly worth noting, yet highly entertaining.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
GenuinelyInterested
Board Meister

Post by GenuinelyInterested »

I had an encounter with an RCMP officer this morning about 3:00AM.
I came into work at 2:00 to do some floor stripping and re-waxing of the floors in the store. I was in between soaking and washing cycles and had to wait.
The next thing I hear is a banging on the front doors (glass store front), there is an RCMP member standing outside. I came to the door and had to unlock it from the inside with my key. He asked me if everything was okay and why was I here. I explained what I was doing and why at this time of the morning and invited him in to see for himself. He continued to tell me that he was driving by and noticed that I was parked in a strange way in a strange location (not in a parking spot and cross-ways in front of the store) and had decided to check in on the business.
He declined my offer to come in, as he looked at my shiny floors and I am sure that he didn't want to track in any dirt. He was very courteous and pleasant and showed a definite sign of concern for not only me, but the business and my freshly cleaned/waxed floors.

My hat is off to you sir, and THANK YOU for being so observant and watching out for me and my business. I wasn't thinking at that moment but I didn't ask for your name or number so that I could call your Staff Sergeant and have him give you the "pat on the back" that you deserve. I only hope that one of your co-members reads this and can relay the message back to you on my behalf.

I know that you didn't jump in the lake to save my life but, it sure makes me feel safer, knowing that people in the RCMP are looking out for me and mine.

Return to “B.C.”