Looking for help with chronic fatigue

Health, well-being, medicine, aging.
Optimistic

Looking for help with chronic fatigue

Post by Optimistic »

Does anyone out there know any doctors in the Okanagan who are familiar with chronic fatigue syndrome? I've already contacted The College of Physicians and Surgeons and Interior Health with no success. If anyone has had experience with this condition and could recommend local help, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Re: Looking for help with chronic fatigue

Post by Captain Awesome »

When I had the same issue, I went to a walk in clinic.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
First Strike

Post by First Strike »

I would go see a natural-path. It's a little expensive at first but it's your health and then you might have a better idea of what you're dealing with.
Darlin06
Board Meister

Post by Darlin06 »

I'd start with a walk in...They'll do their blood tests and what not...See if anything stands out from there....And then they'll know where to send you...
"Don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful." ~ Ann Landers
rideforever
Übergod

Post by rideforever »

As far as seeking help goes Id give western and eastern a try. Theyre both good in their own way. Id start with a walk in clinic for the western and naturopath for the eastern.

I wouldnt suggest any drastic changes dont push it too hard unless a professional says to. Start with minor changes and as you get used to it, if it works, do more of it. Start by googleing nutrition and try eating a bit healthier and also get some exercise in if you arent already. Walking / hiking are usually a good start.

This video compares the effectiveness of exercise vs various medical treatments.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=aUaInS6HIGo

Return to “Health”