SPCA: And you were complaining about the RDCO?

SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

Re: SPCA: and you were complaining about the RDCO?

Post by SmokeOnTheWater »

To MAPearce

From the OP's first post ...

The seniors say the dog had some medical issues so they took her to a vet, where they found out she was not spayed.
In November, the Hodsons discovered Fifi was pregnant.

Bill admits he regrets not spaying the dog, adding “none of this would have happened” if they had

Bill's decision ... his fault ... somehow he's now the victim ... SPCA's fault .. go figure ..
" Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. " ~ Gary Snyder
Lore
Übergod

Post by Lore »

MAPearce wrote:Uh huh....It cost some money...unless you can tell an animal has had that surgery with your comic book xray goggles.

If an old boy and his Mrs.took the word of a shelter employee , let that be their fault. Some people still trust when they shouldn't

The dog shouldn't lose their home for it...

Or do you believe it should ?

The dog did'nt lose her home.
The people surrendered her because they could not take care
of her needs at the time.
When you are a pet owner it should be forever including when/if
problems arise.
That did not happen in this case and the dog has a new
home that can care for her.
Its a win situation for the dog.
pepecat
Board Meister

Post by pepecat »

MAPearce wrote:I'm not angry lore ...Not at all..

when we get a pet , that we'll GLADLY pay for, who's the BEST vet for spaying/neutering and the shots ??

Know any that offer puppy health care plans ?? Seems like a good pet owner would welcome that pet into the home as a member of the family...AND protect it to their last breath..

That's us buddy. A clean warm house with more than enough cash, care and love to handle a dog. We've considered this for a year know and we're ready...

Sounds to me like youre angry at me because I won't go to the animal Nazi's to get one.

Is this comment serious?

You've considered your animal purchase plans for a year, made sure your finances can support your decision, are sworn to protect your new pet to its last breath, and yet you degrade and rail against an organization that strives to ensure its clients will do just those same things for the animals that have been entrusted to their care?
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

So , I missed it, sue me ..

I REFUSE to adopt from the SPCA OR give them another nickel of my money..

They'll just use it to deny an animal a home...Just think, a dog who had a good home looses it because an owner didn't have it fixed in time and took it to what should have been the best place for it to be ....

If your daughter came home pregnant, would she be taken away because you took her to the hospital to have her baby ??
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

Post by SmokeOnTheWater »

MAPearce wrote:
REALLY ??? I watched the one that was PROVIDED for me ...*bleep* , pay attention..

It's part of the VERY FIRST POST..

You may want to re-read it again sweetheart...
" Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. " ~ Gary Snyder
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

The dog did'nt lose her home.
The people surrendered her because they could not take care
of her needs at the time.
When you are a pet owner it should be forever including when/if
problems arise.
That did not happen in this case and the dog has a new
home that can care for her.
Its a win situation for the dog.

Oh my *bleep*...

Like a vet will take excess unprepared for puppies...The SPCA begs for money so they can .I'm not convinced Lore..

Who says the dogs new home won't put her in a sack and sink it ?

the SPCA ???

Ha!
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
zookeeper
Walks on Forum Water

Post by zookeeper »

Please google diabetes insipidus in dogs. We have a dog with a condition (not that one), we are on constant alert for symptoms of flairups. Her first bout, when she was diagnosed, cost us hundreds of dollars. Its almost worse than having a sick child, dogs will try and hide they are sick and can't talk. It is a full time concern, one innocent mistake, one tasty snack, one moment of inattention.... I feel badly for this couple losing their pet but the dog has gone to a home that can handle a dog with a condition. Its not always about love, or money, or who is right or wrong, sometimes its simply the right thing to do.
Lore
Übergod

Post by Lore »

MAPearce wrote:
Oh my *bleep*...

Like a vet will take excess unprepared for puppies...The SPCA begs for money so they can .I'm not convinced Lore..

Who says the dogs new home won't put her in a sack and sink it ?

the SPCA ???

Ha!

Like a vet will take what???
What are you trying to say?
Lore
Übergod

Post by Lore »

zookeeper wrote:Please google diabetes insipidus in dogs. We have a dog with a condition (not that one), we are on constant alert for symptoms of flairups. Her first bout, when she was diagnosed, cost us hundreds of dollars. Its almost worse than having a sick child, dogs will try and hide they are sick and can't talk. It is a full time concern, one innocent mistake, one tasty snack, one moment of inattention.... I feel badly for this couple losing their pet but the dog has gone to a home that can handle a dog with a condition. Its not always about love, or money, or who is right or wrong, sometimes its simply the right thing to do.

Exactly!
I have a cat with diabetes.
Can be difficult to keep regulated and
Ohhhhh the vet bills!
pepecat
Board Meister

Post by pepecat »

MAPearce wrote:So , I missed it, sue me ..

I REFUSE to adopt from the SPCA OR give them another nickel of my money.

They'll just use it to deny an animal a home...Just think, a dog who had a good home looses it because an owner didn't have it fixed in time and took it to what should have been the best place for it to be ....

If your daughter came home pregnant, would she be taken away because you took her to the hospital to have her baby ??

That is the most inane thing I have read or heard today. The SPCA is not a hospital. The veterinarian clinic is the closest thing for your argument, but unfortunately that was not an option for the people that are being discussed here. Your credibility is non-existent.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Is this comment serious?

You've considered your animal purchase plans for a year, made sure your finances can support your decision, are sworn to protect your new pet to its last breath, and yet you degrade and rail against an organization that strives to ensure its clients will do just those same things for the animals that have been entrusted to their care?

It is ....If an organization who is entrusted to care for animals can do what the SPCA is doing to old folks , who admit to not being able to care for it's offspring, what they are doing now...

Yeah , don't ever put your teenaged , unwed , un employed pregnant daughters child up for adoption...

We will get a dog to expand our family.

But NOT from the SPCA..
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Like a vet will take what???
What are you trying to say?

Like a hospital ,a Vet is not an adoption agency..They treat the sick and wounded..

An old couple thought about the ones who would need home in the future...Ones who fetch a fair price too .

I won't believe that the SPCA wouldn't get a fair price for the puppies AND got their fair share for a donated mother too.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

That is the most inane thing I have read or heard today. The SPCA is not a hospital. The veterinarian clinic is the closest thing for your argument, but unfortunately that was not an option for the people that are being discussed here. Your credibility is non-existent.

I agree...It's an adoption agency...

I'm not bothered by what you think is credible..OR not.

They took the dog to an adoption agency for the sake of the "unwanted" or for those they couldn't care for...

Simple really
Lore
Übergod

Post by Lore »

MAPearce wrote:
It is ....If an organization who is entrusted to care for animals can do what the SPCA is doing to old folks , who admit to not being able to care for it's offspring, what they are doing now...

Yeah , don't ever put your teenaged , unwed , un employed pregnant daughters child up for adoption...

We will get a dog to expand our family.

But NOT from the SPCA..

Thats right , the organization (spca) who is entrusted to CARE FOR ANIMALS.
I have a feeling that the SPCA may not want you to get a dog from them either.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Thats right , the organization (spca) who is entrusted to CARE FOR ANIMALS.
I have a feeling that the SPCA may not want you to get a dog from them either.

I'm soooo glad about that ...

Now , can you stop them from snivelling for money at my door step , at the mall...on the radio....banner ads on the bus...newspapers...

Shall I continue ??

CARE FOR ANIMALS.

And if they cared , they'd give the dog back to the ones who cared enough to do the right thing for her pups...
Last edited by MAPearce on Dec 28th, 2012, 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Central Okanagan”