Mountie plays drums in the woods

GenuinelyInterested
Board Meister

Re: Mountie plays drums in the woods

Post by GenuinelyInterested »

Okay, as a follow up. After posting the above comment, I felt compelled to call the RCMP and tell them myself about my excellent experience this morning. I did act.
I called the non-emergency line, I tried to get info about the officer, I knew certain information to try and track him down. They were very hesitant to give any info and referred me to "records". After a minute of explaining the reason for my call and request for info, the operator took my personal info and we discovered together, that my name was NOT processed and that he acted entirely upon his own accord.
I proceeded to explain the circumstances (as I have here previously), and it was with great relief that that person was excited to accept my "THANKS" and continued to explain that, "It is very rare for someone to call and have something positive to say about the RCMP/police".
I am soooo sorry that these great men and women do not get "a pat on the back" every once-in-a-while.

From personal experiences, like what I am doing right now, (working on Christmas/boxing /New Years days), I do it just for the pat-on-the-back, a hearty hand shake, and "a job well done", is what it makes it all worth while. (AND, NO, I don't get paid 2 1/2 overtime.) But i wouldn't do it for anything less than straight time. (Just so you all know, I AM NOT A SUCKER). Just in case there is yet another that wants to attack me personally again.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

Try to relate were all human.

hey sorry if that sounded like a bash,i feel a distance between the police and the public.they maintain a cold hard presence many times.speaking in a almost robotic way.this guy showed he was more than a cop and made himself seem more human.I met all kinds ,most cops scare me but the ones that can input there personality into all that training put me at ease.it was a suggestion not a bash.
Last edited by kibbs on Dec 28th, 2012, 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peace be with you.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

You know, normal people already know it. It's people who judge entire police forces by news articles come to conclusion that every single police officer in the country is a baby-punching power-tripping Nazi who are just looking for a reason to pull people over and give them a beating. But the opinion of such idiots - we have some prime examples here on Castanet forums - is hardly worth noting, yet highly entertaining.

Haahahahaha ! you GOTTA be talking about me Capt...

Saw this vid last year and petitioned the RCMP to have him transfered here..We need a few more good cops..

They said "Sorry Mr. Pearce" , we got no one else. you'll have to put up with Mantler , Conlin and Brinnen for a few more years..

At least we got we got KL and Trunk !!! It ain't all bad !

Cheers boys !

Mike
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

so, here you go again, this is a good cop story and you turn it into a kelowna cop bashing story
o wait
here cutter, cutter, cutter7
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

Last edited by Piecemaker on Dec 29th, 2012, 6:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
It's possible to do all the right things and still get a bad result.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

MAPearce wrote:They said "Sorry Mr. Pearce" , we got no one else. you'll have to put up with Mantler , Conlin and Brinnen for a few more years..

It's funny, I asked some police officer when there will be no crime, and he said "I'm sorry, but until angels start coming down from heaven, we have to put up with drunk drivers and wife beaters among us..."

Imagine that...
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by cutter7 »

the truth wrote:so, here you go again, this is a good cop story and you turn it into a kelowna cop bashing story
o wait
here cutter, cutter, cutter7

hehehe,,,,,, Sorry young lady, not all cops are bad .

I'm glad there is 1 good cop out there.... 1 out of 65,000 not a bad start,,, do you have any more?
simnut
Übergod

Post by simnut »

cutter7 wrote:
hehehe,,,,,, Sorry young lady, not all cops are bad .

I'm glad there is 1 good cop out there.... 1 out of 65,000 not a bad start,,, do you have any more?

You bet there are!! And I know a few personally.....and have heard of many more! :sillygrin:
Don't you just love "discussing" with a stubborn Dutchman?
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by cutter7 »

Thats encouraging to hear simmut, even if you state that you know a few personally ( caution flag goes up as to your family or work related status involving police therefore diminishing your posts value) It's still nice to read about police interacting with the people they serve in a positive manner.

Interestingly enough there is a thread giving thanks to police for the good things they do, It's been up for quite some time now and not only are there few posters with positive stories, the thread is being kept alive by a single poster.
simnut
Übergod

Post by simnut »

cutter7 wrote:Thats encouraging to hear simmut, even if you state that you know a few personally ( caution flag goes up as to your family or work related status involving police therefore diminishing your posts value) It's still nice to read about police interacting with the people they serve in a positive manner.

Interestingly enough there is a thread giving thanks to police for the good things they do, It's been up for quite some time now and not only are there few posters with positive stories, the thread is being kept alive by a single poster.

:coffeecanuck:
Gilchy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Gilchy »

cutter7 wrote:

That's true for any positive story on Castanet. Had the officer accidentally knocked over the snare, we'd be on page 27 by now.
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by cutter7 »

even with your exaggeration you do have some truth... people like to talk about the bad however as I pointed out there is a positive police thread going and even the most aggressive police supporters don't have much if anything to add.

Rather than argue and call people police bashers for talking about the bad things some cops do, why don't they show their support in a positive way and contribute to the good police thread?
simnut
Übergod

Post by simnut »

cutter7 wrote:even with your exaggeration you do have some truth... people like to talk about the bad however as I pointed out there is a positive police thread going and even the most aggressive police supporters don't have much if anything to add.

Rather than argue and call people police bashers for talking about the bad things some cops do, why don't they show their support in a positive way and contribute to the good police thread?

:dyinglaughing:
simnut
Übergod

Post by simnut »

cutter7 wrote: ( caution flag goes up as to your family or work related status involving police therefore diminishing your posts value)

Still trying to figure out what sense THAT statement makes.........
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by cutter7 »

I'll explain it for ya. most people don't want police around unless they need them. The fact that you know a few personally implies to me that either you are related to one or more or your work is connected therefore, your support is biased.

Also "hearing " of good police or police stories without proof doesn't have much value either.

I can make up a good police story right now: My friend ( the truth} could not sleep one night as she thought a monster lived under her bed. She phoned 911 and a nice police officer sang soft kitty to her while she hid under her blanket and eventually fell to sleep.

Return to “B.C.”